Threads
Reaction score
Website
HotheadHeadliners.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler & Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hot Heads or Boom Mat offer aftermarket hardtop insulation and it is less than $495. You have to stick it in, but it is not hard.

Someone asked at one of the events, and was told the sound insulation in the High package is supposedly extra material in the door and side panels and maybe carpeting.
We will have our Hothead Headliners available for the Bronco as soon as possible.

That's interesting about the High Package. I wonder if it's thicker material or added sound damping material like Sound Assassin.

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
We will have our Hothead Headliners available for the Bronco as soon as possible.

That's interesting about the High Package. I wonder if it's thicker material or added sound damping material like Sound Assassin.

As you probably don't remember, I am already a fan, have your Bronco page saved. From what I see, I have no idea of what sound assassin is or does. Like many of us, I am already shopping for after market things I may need to get, better and cheaper than Ford. Is this something I need to know about? BTW, huge fan of Boise, was able to see the Smurf turf in person last year. Super cool...

Hothead Headliners

Wildtrak
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
HotheadHeadliners.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
As you probably don't remember, I am already a fan, have your Bronco page saved. From what I see, I have no idea of what sound assassin is or does. Like many of us, I am already shopping for after market things I may need to get, better and cheaper than Ford. Is this something I need to know about? BTW, huge fan of Boise, was able to see the Smurf turf in person last year. Super cool...
Ah, I remember your profile photo, now.

Sound Assassin is our sound deadening (damping) & thermal insulation material. It's a butyl-based sound deadening material that you can apply under the carpet, inside doors, in the trunk, etc. We've been using butyl-based products for over 30 years in the automotive upholstery business and it has proved to be a great product. A lot of audio shops use it to prevent vibrations from aftermarket speakers, but it also helps dampen unwanted wind & road noise. We've used it in classic car restorations and we sell a lot of it to Jeep owners. When you start upgrading, things get louder. As mentioned above it also has thermal insulation properties with a top layer of radiant barrier.

I still need to see the Smurf Turn in person. Definitely looks cool on TV!

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Is, or will, the B & P be an accurate reflection of the dealer order sheets by Dec 7?

I spend a lot of time milking the B & P to get the best build for the buck. If the order sheets differ from the B & P will I catch it when under pressure actually making the order? I'm probably ordering a Basquatch because it's a way to get locker(s) on a base and , sort of a "free" auto, and decent wheels. But if on the order sheet a stand alone locker is available on a base, or the auto isn't "free", or other tire wheel options are available it changes my strategy. There is a scenario where a Big Bend works best. Not to mention potential late availability of some options (Velocity Blue?).

I need the B & P to match the order sheets.

Sponsored

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ah, I remember your profile photo, now.

Sound Assassin is our sound deadening (damping) & thermal insulation material. It's a butyl-based sound deadening material that you can apply under the carpet, inside doors, in the trunk, etc. We've been using butyl-based products for over 30 years in the automotive upholstery business and it has proved to be a great product. A lot of audio shops use it to prevent vibrations from aftermarket speakers, but it also helps dampen unwanted wind & road noise. We've used it in classic car restorations and we sell a lot of it to Jeep owners. When you start upgrading, things get louder. As mentioned above it also has thermal insulation properties with a top layer of radiant barrier.

I still need to see the Smurf Turn in person. Definitely looks cool on TV!
It was an experience, one more check on my bucket list. They have Alums that give a tour. I was there with a group from a college football message board from all over the country for the wedding of one of the members. Once they found out, they insisted we all sign their guest book. Bought Bronco gear there as well, they are my MWC team. wish they had beaten BYU this year, I put on my gear for the game, seemed to be the kiss of death for them....

Hothead Headliners

Wildtrak
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
HotheadHeadliners.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It was an experience, one more check on my bucket list. They have Alums that give a tour. I was there with a group from a college football message board from all over the country for the wedding of one of the members. Once they found out, they insisted we all sign their guest book. Bought Bronco gear there as well, they are my MWC team. wish they had beaten BYU this year, I put on my gear for the game, seemed to be the kiss of death for them....
Sounds like a pretty cool experience for sure!

Pancho Kornwallace

Base
First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
My secret little hacks to get everything that I may want at $2000 less than expected are probably bugs then?
Sponsored