Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Ford F150, '18 Wrangler Sahara, 08 FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I've read no.
This is a topic that most of us are completely fed up with on F150forum. The latest gen 2.7L has both direct and port injection, therefore eliminating the need for a catch can or a "weep hole" drilled into the bottom of the intercooler.

noahr

Black Diamond
First Name
Noah @ Mullinax
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Lego makes a drain plug ;( ? ....we are doomed.
If its a lego though its machined to an impossibly precise tolerance and is indestructable and capable of inflicting horrendous pain to your wallet and your feet

sootie007

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC , Scion
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If its a lego though its machined to an impossibly precise tolerance and is indestructable and capable of inflicting horrendous pain to your wallet and your feet
Lol...isnt that the truth Noah !

Sponsored

PhoenixM3

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R, 2018 Fiesta ST, 2018 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

00458384-640642_1500.jpg

Oil pan problem solved. ?
The nozzle conveniently fits inside the oil drain spout to prevent potential environmental disaster from occurring while off-roading...

MotoCeptorMan

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang, 2013 Ram, 2003 Jeep Liberty 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Plastics get brittle and fail over time. Metals do not. I'll take thin metal over plastic in most cases.

WCP-82

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As a kid I used to watch my dad jump up and down swearing after stepping on a Lego piece. I didn't quite understand. I'm sure body weight must have played a part because it didn't hurt my feet then. Well I ended up with my own son and damn do those things hurt.

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I've read no.
I've also read that the combination of port and direct injection on the engine does not require a catch can, but i was wondering what people on this forum have to say.
The ecoboost is a high pressure engine so I wonder about caking in the long run .... I also know that Ford has developed a oil seperator for the Mustang 2.3L engine which i assume is very similar to the Bronco 2.3

https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-6766-A23

want to know your opinion

MotoCeptorMan

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang, 2013 Ram, 2003 Jeep Liberty 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They use them in commercial vehicles because they are more concerned about cost than they are about longivity. All plastics consist of organic compounds that will break down over time. My bet is that '21 Broncos shown at a car show fifty years from now will have replaced the drain pan with a metal one and the plastic one will still be slowly decaying in a landfill.

Sponsored

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I've also read that the combination of port and direct injection on the engine does not require a catch can, but i was wondering what people on this forum have to say.
The ecoboost is a high pressure engine so I wonder about caking in the long run .... I also know that Ford has developed a oil seperator for the Mustang 2.3L engine which i assume is very similar to the Bronco 2.3

https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-6766-A23

want to know your opinion
The 2.3 and 2.7 are entirely different, though. BTW, you're talking to an accountant! Lol. But the two engines have entirely different injection systems.... And that's about all I know about that.

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The 2.3 and 2.7 are entirely different, though. BTW, you're talking to an accountant! Lol. But the two engines have entirely different injection systems.... And that's about all I know about that.
You are right, they are different engines but they are similar as well. Both are high pressure and hot engines that inevitably create oil vapors that seep back, thru to the valve seats.
Both engines have been developed with experience from racing technology and I wonder how they will last as daily drivers.
So i just want more info on 'em from people who know a lot more than I do.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You are right, they are different engines but they are similar as well. Both are high pressure and hot engines that inevitably create oil vapors that seep back, thru to the valve seats.
Both engines have been developed with experience from racing technology and I wonder how they will last as daily drivers.
So i just want more info on 'em from people who know a lot more than I do.
All I know is what I've read, which led me to the 2.7 for reasons I don't recall....there's a lot of threads on it here.

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

All I know is what I've read, which led me to the 2.7 for reasons I don't recall....there's a lot of threads on it here.
I'm just like you, all i know is what i've read .... i will see if I can find answers on threads here .... thanks
Sponsored