Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It tends to effect "older" people with underlying conditions to a greater degree.
This is the main reason for the reaction, the people making most of the decisions are in the high risk group.
Sponsored

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I hope to see a special "pandemic green metallic" color option when production resumes

audi-a7-green-2.jpg
I do want a green option now, and what better way to commentate the occasion than Corona Edition Bronco's

bbostic5

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 4Runner, '08 Civic, Waiting on a 2DR Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This virus is absolutely nothing compared to swine flu. Due to media coverage and overreaction by the general public, economic consequences will be far worse than the virus itself.

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
59 Bird, 70, 74, 78, 79 Broncos, 84 LTD 331 w/Vortech, 86 Capri 5.0 turbo, 14 Stang GT, 17 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I hope to see a special "pandemic green metallic" color option when production resumes

audi-a7-green-2.jpg

Wouldn't the white here, be more appropriate for this group..........

5288214-6303513-image-a-48_1540224122241.jpg

Sponsored

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

This class of pathogen doesn't last that long on surfaces or in the air anyway.
I'm not sure what your source is for that stat? There have been multiple news stories over at least the last week, from multiple news sources, citing the exact opposite of what you are saying, here is only one example:

"The scientists found that severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) was detectable in aerosols for up to three hours, up to four hours on copper, up to 24 hours on cardboard and up to two to three days on plastic and stainless steel," according to the NIH.

Scientists from the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID) -- part of the NIH -- mimicked the virus being transmitted from an infected person onto everyday surfaces in a household or hospital setting by coughing or touching objects, the agency said. Scientists then investigated how long the virus remained infectious on these surfaces.

A device was also used to release the aerosol which duplicated the microscopic droplets created in a cough or a sneeze, according to Reuters.

"The results provide key information about the stability of SARS-CoV-2, which causes COVID-19 disease, and suggests that people may acquire the virus through the air and after touching contaminated objects," the NIH said.

Scientists also observed that the stability of the virus in aerosols and surfaces likely means healthcare settings are vulnerable to the virus.

"Healthcare settings are also vulnerable to the introduction and spread of SARS-CoV-2, and the stability of SARS-CoV-2 in aerosols and on surfaces likely contributes to transmission of the virus in healthcare settings," the study found.

https://www.foxnews.com/health/can-you-catch-coronavirus-surfaces

Last edited:

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm not sure what your source is for that stat? ..
The National Institutes of Health and the CDC.

Lets do some simple math ... if the shutdown is for 5 days, and the pathogen can remain virulent on inanimate surfaces for no more than 3 days, then there is no point in cleaning those surfaces if no one is going to be touching them because 5 is bigger than 3, and the pathogen will be inactivated at least 2 days before it is touched again.

Sending people in to touch and breath stuff is just prolonging the time frame and putting more people at risk ... the poor saps who have to go in there and clean stuff that infected people have been in contact with. When instead they could just leave it uninhabited for 5 days and get the same result with less risk. Its a pointless 'feel-good' talking point to demonstrate that "we're doing stuff because we "care"".

Ford cares more about ignorant peoples opinion of them than it does about the lives of its workers. That's the same reason they cancelled the Bronco reveal in the first place -- "look at us, we're "responsible" and we care about the same things you do" because they knew people would pay attention to such a high profile event -- and in the background kept their manufacturing plants running for another week until people found out and public opinion shamed them into closing.

Like most of what the TSA does, this kind of cleaning is just another form of "security theater".

DaBoss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
It sucks, but if we dont contain it, it will turn into another endemic (AKA the flu).

I dont know about you guys, but Im seriously considering buying a very large amount of Ford stock. Check out those prices.

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
This virus is absolutely nothing compared to swine flu. Due to media coverage and overreaction by the general public, economic consequences will be far worse than the virus itself.
That is patently false at this point. At absolute best case scenario it’s about as bad as the swine flu... at this point it’s pretty clear we are not in the best case.

67897231-9058-42B9-9EB9-9B1A21422859.png

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

That is patently false at this point. At absolute best case scenario it’s about as bad as the swine flu... at this point it’s pretty clear we are not in the best case.
Except we had a vaccine for Swine Flu - enough to ration to high risk people as production ramped up.

The difference here is we don’t - so the only way to contain is keeping people away from each other.

Sponsored

bbostic5

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 4Runner, '08 Civic, Waiting on a 2DR Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Ford Bronco Ford Temporarily Halts North American Production 67897231-9058-42B9-9EB9-9B1A21422859
Compare deaths from swine flu in the US to this and get back to me. Yes, I realize there's still a lot of damage yet to be done, but it'snot close. Economic fallout from this is far worse.

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It sucks, but if we dont contain it, it will turn into another endemic (AKA the flu).
There is virtually nothing we can do to stop that. All of our efforts revolve around changing the pace at which infections occur.

Having an event like the Bronco debut that bring lots of people together from a wide area then disperse them again, or bringing thousands of people in to a manufacturing environment and dispersing them day after day ... or telling them to 'shelter in place' and encouraging social distancing -- its a choice between fast spread or slow spread.

What I anticipate is that the populace will tolerate the measures necessary to slow the spread somewhat, for a little while ... then they'll get bored or anxious and give up and the pace will ramp up and be worse than ever ... then maybe we'll have a second round of this social distancing that will last slightly longer. That cycle will repeat 2-3 times until herd immunity builds up and the upswing in numbers isn't severe ... or we just stop caring.

I expect that time frame to be over before the original Job 1 date in Dec, but by then the supply chain and set up schedules could have been so screwed up by all those ups and downs that it will be delayed anyway. By how much is hard to judge right now.

NoBigDeal

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have family that could be impacted pretty badly by Covid-19. The only thing I will say about this is if one of my loved ones especially my little girl gets sick and dies, because of the "its just a flu, fake news" tin-foil-hatters. Then, I won't have to worry about the Bronco debut, because I will be in god damn prison for the rest of my life.

Top Mach

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands,1969 Ford Mustang Mach 1,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The wife’s explorer lease is up. Turn in inspection is happening tomorrow. New explorer has been on order for a few weeks. I guess that’s not happening now. I hope the dealer can find one out there or she will have to take something from stock with less options and wrong color. We can extend the lease for a month or two and then it may be @ChrispyKC time. But I am still passing on the three finger combo.

dmtndan

Big Bend
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Silverado, 2014 Malibu
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Still not worried about it, this is nothing like the incident in Racoon City.

It'll be over soon enough, for now, we just wait, save up $$$$ and get ready to put down a deposit once it's revealed
Aparently there is a place there that isis the same logo (but blue)..... the conspiracies are starting!

34F89C2F-AB26-478A-8A6C-D7F92E5E7C13.jpeg
Sponsored