JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
37yo engineer, Baton Rouge, own an 82 Bronco that's broke, had an 81 bronco about 20 years back, also have a number of other fords and a 4runner. 71 mach1, 06 250, 02 150, 56 800. And a couple of bikes.

the 82 has a built 513ci from an 87 F250, 4 spd, 8" total lift on 39s. Can't keep axles together so parked until I find a wrecked 250 to grab 1-tons from.

Looking to replace the 4runner with a 4-door for the wife, and maybe pick up a 2dr for a toy.
Sponsored

B-man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1972 Bronco Explorer, 1985 Mustang GT, Z71
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Joined yesterday. I'll be 45 next week (ugh) and I'm a software tester. I've had my '72 Bronco for about 26 years now. That was before everyone went crazy and you could still buy one (for $1850) and drive it instead of sealing it up in a velvet lined vault. I had mine, I had 3 friends that each had one, and knew another guy who had five. I'm the only one left that still has a Bronco.
I have mixed feelings about the new one. I got really excited when I heard it would be small-ish and compete with the Jeep again. Something that a Bronco hasn't done since '77. Though not really any cheaper than an early Bronco in good condition, the new one would be a way for a regular guy to have something that might give the same kind of feeling that I got with mine. At least there would be enough made that you could get a deal on a used one in a few years. But with the latest updates, I'm not sure it will give that same kind of feeling. My daily is not a Ford, which is a shame. But I just didn't like where Ford was going back in 2005. It's a GMC Z71 and it has been great. 260K miles and counting. But it doesn't give you that same feeling. There is nothing fun or cool about driving it. I have an '85 Mustang GT and I have been playing with a '68 VW Squareback lately. Both of those give you that feeling, but I haven't found many new vehicles that could. I bet a new Wrangler does. Maybe a Raptor. I just hope the new Bronco can pull it off.

OP
OP
JimmyDean

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Joined yesterday. I'll be 45 next week (ugh) and I'm a software tester. I've had my '72 Bronco for about 26 years now. That was before everyone went crazy and you could still buy one (for $1850) and drive it instead of sealing it up in a velvet lined vault. I had mine, I had 3 friends that each had one, and knew another guy who had five. I'm the only one left that still has a Bronco.
I have mixed feelings about the new one. I got really excited when I heard it would be small-ish and compete with the Jeep again. Something that a Bronco hasn't done since '77. Though not really any cheaper than an early Bronco in good condition, the new one would be a way for a regular guy to have something that might give the same kind of feeling that I got with mine. At least there would be enough made that you could get a deal on a used one in a few years. But with the latest updates, I'm not sure it will give that same kind of feeling. My daily is not a Ford, which is a shame. But I just didn't like where Ford was going back in 2005. It's a GMC Z71 and it has been great. 260K miles and counting. But it doesn't give you that same feeling. There is nothing fun or cool about driving it. I have an '85 Mustang GT and I have been playing with a '68 VW Squareback lately. Both of those give you that feeling, but I haven't found many new vehicles that could. I bet a new Wrangler does. Maybe a Raptor. I just hope the new Bronco can pull it off.
I am still holding out hope for either a factory installed SFA option or a dealer installed option (like the rousch supercharger on the mustangs). I've seen a lot of good things on the 2.7V6TT, not a V8 which I would hopefully be able to swap to eventually. Still holding out some hope though for something comparable to the EB and the Wrangler. I like that one you've got, and nice to see them being put to use vs most now are car show queens. I'd like to get an EB eventually, even if I get a couple of new ones. maybe after I finish my current project list which is my red 82 BB bronco, a 71 mach 1, and my bikes...and build a shop for everything to fit into.

Sponsored
OP
OP
JimmyDean

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Y'all tankees and westerners are more than welcome to join our chat. We understand you all want to be like us, enjoying these nice 70 degree days during the middle of winter.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Atlanta boy now retired in the western NC mountains. Life in the slow lane...2 traffic light town @4,000 ft elevation. Locally, do a good bit of grouse hunting from Oct/Feb so a lot of time spent creeping along forest service roads in the snow. Usually do a hunt trip or two in ME, MI, or WI each year as well.

Looking forward to a 2-door Bronco ASAP. While I'd prefer the larger engine, I'm not a fan of all the electronics that'll be stuffed into the up-trim models...so I'll likely stick with a '66' package

Sponsored

bbostic5

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 4Runner, '08 Civic, Waiting on a 2DR Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm in Atlanta, coming up on 30, and work in the auto parts industry. Going back to school to get my MBA, which puts a wrench in buying a new Bronco, but just sold my 93 RX-7 which helps. More than likely, my wife will get a 4 door, auto hardtop in black, and then I'll get a 2 door stick down the road.

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Hello from Summerfield North Carolina. Excited as heck to purchase a new Bronco. I currently own a 2018..5 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JLU (Sting Gray) and a 2017 Toyota 4Runner TRD PRO (Cement). I figured a New Bronco in Fighter Jet Gray would look great in the stable with my other two 4 x 4's. My goal is to buy the Top of the line 4 door version with a ton of options. After all you can never have enough toys on your 4 x 4.

Ford Bronco Roll Call SDC10042.JPG
Ford Bronco Roll Call SDC10536.JPG

Last edited:

BuckWildOffRoad

Raptor
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands Bronco, King Ranch F250, Taurus SHO
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I'll play.
25 yr old from Florida, moving to NW Arkansas 10 yrs ago. Married to the coolest girl ever, have the smartest baby. My world really does revolve around family, which revolves around God. Worked on a fire department for 5 years and decided to follow the medical side. I became a nurse in the ER with plans to become a CRNA or physician. After having been in the medical field I have decided that people are generally pretty terrible and I cannot help them like I hoped I could. I travel nurse because it keeps things new. I originally bought a 1974 bronco from my uncle, it needed assembled but was in perfect condition. He ended up having a grand baby and wanted to eventually build it with him as his first vehicle. I couldn't argue that. The early Bronco has been and likely will always be my favorite vehicle. I still plan to buy an early Bronco and build it. My passion is off-road vehicles and that will be transformed into my business model (Bucked Off-Road LLC). I will help to bridge the gap between what accessories OEM offers, what people want, and quality, USA made products. I won't go into that anymore here because it isn't the place, but I am very excited for the future.

Ruptured Duck

Wildtrak
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
turned 51 yesterday and have been playing with off-road vehicles for about 30 of those. Currently own 2020 Rubicon Gladiator but please don't judge. I'll be playing with the Bronco's for sure. I'm a Senior Product Designer.
Sponsored