Sponsored

LAST CALL: Badlands 33” vs. 35” (Pros & Cons) Worth the upgrade to 35” tires?

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 M3, 2008 Armada, and 2022 Badlands ManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well, we knew, just like the Raptor, that the rings that come from the factory are faux beadlock rings. The wheels will require the Ford Performance beadlock rings to be true beadlock wheels.

We have seen photos, at least of the Sasquatch wheels, that once the beauty ring is removed, there are many more threaded holes to support the true beadlock rings.

It has always been stated that these wheels are designed to function as normal wheels from the factory, but become true beadlocks when paired with the correct rings.
Sponsored

focaloca95

Outer Banks
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Ram, 2023 Bronco Sport Heritage Limited
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Posted this in a separate thread, but figured I’d share it here aswell. Found this pic of a 4dr Badlands with Squatch on FB. Might be able to help some make a decision.
21A74AEA-1823-4A7A-9C52-359A7648B95C.jpeg
Thank you for posting this! I have searched high and low for a full-on side shot like this on Badlands

Pancho Kornwallace

Base
First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
Like many of you, I have gone back and forth the last few months In regards 33” or 35” on the Badlands.

It really comes down to what you individually like and I DO NOT WANT TO BE LOOKING UP TO ANY OTHER 35” Broncos. Lol

This is my 50th B-DAY present to myself and I can care less about MPG. I want a higher ride and higher clearance!!

Can’t wait!!! BE READY FOR ANYTHING!!!

What do you guys thinks? Upgrade or not????
37s.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

capable just means your gonna have to send them out to get beadlocks.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Remember, the wheels on the Overland concept were closer to to true 35s. Also, there is believed to be stiffer suspension with Squatch. While the amount of space in the wheel well does look very similar, @ClaviusBase makes a good point. Can't really gauge it properly from these photos.
Yep - we know nothing until we can start looking at a parts system because we can't trust a bloody thing Ford is saying. Once we look at a parts list then we can compare, and then we will know what is different.

That said - the specs math says Wildtrack (incl. Squatch) has .6" more suspension height than the non-Squatch Badlands on KOs. But that assumes the painted modular top is the exact same height as the MIC top.

The diameter of the 35x12.5" tires on the overland concept is listed on tire rack as 34.5" vs. 32.8" for the Badlands KO2s (or .85" less wheel space / .85" more height).

The 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs (closest proxy to Territories) are listed at 34.4" - so no real difference with the KOs on that concept.

What we know is that concept was riding pretty low compared to how most Sasquatches we have seen look.

However, when we look at the two two door badlands, it appears there is more clearance for the tire on the non-Squatch, vs the Squatch, front and rear.

Thus my conclusion is there is not very much difference at all - at least for a similarly optioned manual transmission Badlands with or without Squatch. Therefore other than wheels, tires, flares and a bumpstop, I am not sure Squatch gets you anything else. If you go automatic and the "free" 4.7 gearing option is a B&P error, then that's different.

Also, if that luxed out four door overland with 2.3 MT and some accessories is any indicator, maybe adding the weight of Lux and High are not something I want to do.

Sponsored

Daisy76

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ok Ladies and Gentleman! FOMOCO has stated all along that the optional beadlock rims are beadlock capable! They come from factory with a beauty ring (Black, warm alloy, Carbonized gray), for the wheels that are beadlock CAPABLE, you have to purchase the beadlock rings separately from Ford Performance parts for around $180 ea or so! Other vendors have them also for the Raptor such as CJ pony parts. Im sure the reason you do not see any driving around is that I imagine like almost all beadlock wheels they are NOT D.O.T approved and are illegal to drive on because the beadlock ring needs torqued to proper specs and checked frequently to maintain proper tightness because if the beadlock ring comes off, the Tire comes off the rim! I only know of one true D.O.T compliant wheel and that was from B.A.D wheels and they have a completely different mounting system! If any of you are still confused, just YouTube F150 Raptor beadlock rings and watch how they work! Hope this clarifies this topic!

Catmandu

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep JKU (Officially Sold), 2015 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yep - we know nothing until we can start looking at a parts system because we can't trust a bloody thing Ford is saying. Once we look at a parts list then we can compare, and then we will know what is different.

That said - the specs math says Wildtrack (incl. Squatch) has .6" more suspension height than the non-Squatch Badlands on KOs. But that assumes the painted modular top is the exact same height as the MIC top.

The diameter of the 35x12.5" tires on the overland concept is listed on tire rack as 34.5" vs. 32.8" for the Badlands KO2s (or .85" less wheel space / .85" more height).

The 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs (closest proxy to Territories) are listed at 34.4" - so no real difference with the KOs on that concept.

What we know is that concept was riding pretty low compared to how most Sasquatches we have seen look.

However, when we look at the two two door badlands, it appears there is more clearance for the tire on the non-Squatch, vs the Squatch, front and rear.

Thus my conclusion is there is not very much difference at all - at least for a similarly optioned manual transmission Badlands with or without Squatch. Therefore other than wheels, tires, flares and a bumpstop, I am not sure Squatch gets you anything else. If you go automatic and the "free" 4.7 gearing option is a B&P error, then that's different.

Also, if that luxed out four door overland with 2.3 MT and some accessories is any indicator, maybe adding the weight of Lux and High are not something I want to do.

Just like most of the other concepts, the Overland concept added to the confusion. Prior to its unveiling, I believe we all thought the only thing the Sasquatch package added to the BL was the 35" wheel/tire combo. The pre-production non-sas examples seem to appear to include the "high lift".....which I am hoping for.

While I commend Ford for making good on the long awaited resurrection of the Bronco brand....this rollout has been a complete cluster. Ford has made many available mistakes that have me seriously questioning a year one purchase.

Willwork4bronco

Badlands
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ok Ladies and Gentleman! FOMOCO has stated all along that the optional beadlock rims are beadlock capable! They come from factory with a beauty ring (Black, warm alloy, Carbonized gray), for the wheels that are beadlock CAPABLE, you have to purchase the beadlock rings separately from Ford Performance parts for around $180 ea or so! Other vendors have them also for the Raptor such as CJ pony parts. Im sure the reason you do not see any driving around is that I imagine like almost all beadlock wheels they are NOT D.O.T approved and are illegal to drive on because the beadlock ring needs torqued to proper specs and checked frequently to maintain proper tightness because if the beadlock ring comes off, the Tire comes off the rim! I only know of one true D.O.T compliant wheel and that was from B.A.D wheels and they have a completely different mounting system! If any of you are still confused, just YouTube F150 Raptor beadlock rings and watch how they work! Hope this clarifies this topic!
That’s what everyone was thinking until it was brought up that they are not by someone who has actually seen them and knows the guys that put them together. I still think they probably are and there is just some confusion on the ring or the actual question as to capable or installed from the factory.
That being said I still think you are right and they are capable but you might be putting too much faith in what FOMOCO has been saying all along especially since they are still calling them Goodyear’s mud terrain tires.

Edit: I’ve changed my mind. I don’t think the optional rims are bead lock capable. I think the only way to get a capable rim is to go Sasquatch.

Last edited:

Jacksonholio

Black Diamond
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Tahoe Z71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Like many of you, I have gone back and forth the last few months In regards 33” or 35” on the Badlands.

It really comes down to what you individually like and I DO NOT WANT TO BE LOOKING UP TO ANY OTHER 35” Broncos. Lol

This is my 50th B-DAY present to myself and I can care less about MPG. I want a higher ride and higher clearance!!

Can’t wait!!! BE READY FOR ANYTHING!!!

What do you guys thinks? Upgrade or not????
Does anyone know if current raptor wheels would fit on the Bronco? I can't see why not...

Sponsored

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Rather than paying $995 for the wheels “if” they are beadlock capable and another $1000 for actual beadlocks, I may wait and do this street legal solution (they told me they are going to offer rock monsters for the Bronco): https://www.hutchinsoninc.com/rock-monster-internal-double-beadlock-system/

- OR - I may go with a non-beadlock lightweight forged aftermarket wheel.

Scout1975

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GMC Sierra Crew z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The rim upgrade is $995. The Goodyear Territory tire upgrade is $695. I was going to stick with stock tires, but recently decided to splurge after seeing a video on the tires. They're designed specifically for this vehicle, a new trend in the industry, and there's a lot of technology that went into them. The performance should be better than a tire picked off the rack. It also adds to the exclusivity and they look great. For me it's worth it. I want this vehicle to be exactly what I want.

Last note: The carbonized grey beauty ring on the Badlands optional rims looks a lot better than the shiny sliver beauty ring on the Sasquatch rims. So, the rim upgrade will match the Badlands carbonized grey grille much better. It's going to be a more cohesive package.
This is a great point and the reason why I’m staying with the 33’s with optional rims/tires. It’s cheaper than the SAS and will look good with the benefits of mpg and handling.
Sponsored