Sponsored

Am I the only one who hasn't heard of Filson?

paxfish

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150 fx4 eco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There's a whole different plane out there for upper crust sportsmen. Filson gear abounds in that crew.

I had occasion to hunt dove in that plane a couple years back. One fellow had just received his new side-by-side from England. He had flown to Birmingham two years prior to be fitted for that custom build.

I'm guessing it was about $120K for that shotgun.

All that said, he was happy and gracious shooting alongside me with my 100 year old Greener 20 gauge.....
Sponsored

DustyD

Base
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Nissan Titan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If you've "made it" in Alaska, Filson's a thing. It might not be the best "performance", but their stuff is like buying $300 leather boots that will last you the rest of your life. Plus they have a cool history in AK and I can dig that.

When I worked on charter boats and such, some of the clientele had their stuff. I had one of their insulated vests based on a recommendation from one of them. It was kinda like a boujee Carhart vest.

Nowadays I'm all-in on American companies and try to buy quality "buy once, cry once" stuff now that I'm "established" and don't have to only shop at Walmart (but no offense to anyone who does).

RG7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B8 A4, 2018 Triumph Street Triple R
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

There's a whole different plane out there for upper crust sportsmen. Filson gear abounds in that crew.

I had occasion to hunt dove in that plane a couple years back. One fellow had just received his new side-by-side from England. He had flown to Birmingham two years prior to be fitted for that custom build.

I'm guessing it was about $120K for that shotgun.

All that said, he was happy and gracious shooting alongside me with my 100 year old Greener 20 gauge.....
The Fabbri and Purdey world is truly on a different level.

Tdubz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Am I the only one who has never heard of Filson?
I checked their site and catalog, and while some stuff looks okay, not really impressed by their prices.
Is it a regional thing? I mean what about Ford's long standing partnership with Eddie Bauer? Is that gone?
And where were they looking for these designers?
Did Carhartt say "No thanks"? Is LL Bean still working with Subaru?
Carhartt had a deal with Chevy. I’m not sure if it’s still around but there used to be a carhartt Silverado.

Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I must say it is surprising seeing so many people on a Ford forum bashing one of the few American companies left that still makes all/most of their goods in America. Their products are high quality and I think the price reflects that. It’s fine to not like the style of clothing they offer, but at least respect the company, ya know?
It’s the WalMart syndrome. Nowadays people want cheap first, quality second, and everything is disposable.

I appreciate quality and am willing to pay for it. I do some pretty hardcore stuff and depend on my equipment. Failures can be more than just a drag.

There are still a lot of American businesses making quality products that hold up to far more abuse than the cheap imports. In the long run, it’s cheaper for me to pay more up front and have things last longer and not fail when I need them.

I just sent a 15yr old pair of mountain boots to a cobbler in Seattle to be resoled/reconditioned. There are only a couple people left doing that kind of work. People would rather buy cheap stuff and throw them away after a few years use. Quality stuff can be repaired/reconditioned and last a lifetime.

Filson is not new to me. I’m not sure if I ever bought anything from them, but I certainly would if they have what I need.

618TRVLWILD

Big Bend
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Sasquatch 2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I've actually heard of it, but never once saw a product! Filson was always sold out on the Pacific Coast. Here in IL go to is carhartt. We don't have a Duluth or anything like that either. I love my Carhartt stuff though. Lasts for years.

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I only know of them because last year I decided I was done being cold in the winter, so I was shopping vintage natural wool clothes. If you run across Pendleton or Woolrich, you will eventually come across Filson. Very expensive. You'd think they were out of Beverly hills. Not really common man material. Maybe more hipster lumberjack IT crowd. Not that that is a bad thing, just a different market
Oh shoot thats funny hipster lumberjack? they are hard to get up in the morning and they are usually late for work because skinny jeans dont just slide on ,and it takes 12 to fell a bush.

Sponsored

LadyBronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Dani
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Roller skates 🛼
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Filson is incredible quality gear that's been around since 1897. I'm shocked you haven't heard of the company!!??! For typical car bro's, I guess it makes sense, but for outdoor enthusiast, it's some really high quality stuff that is made really well. Think waxed canvas, durable gear. I'm a girl and even I dig their stuff. (Although, I'm incredibly cool. So, that's probably why...lol!)

PS. If you haven't heard of them, then you probably don't deserve em'

Dick_Castlesmurff

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Active duty military can apply for the Filson "pro sales" program and get 40-60% off EVERYTHING they make. Patagonia does this too, but hard to get if you don't have a SOCOM.MIL email. Pretty much any company that offers pro-sales programs will approve active duty military, its just all done word of mouth.

Gquag

Badlands
First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1936 Ford Pickup
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I checked their site and catalog, and while some stuff looks okay, not really impressed by their prices.
Is it a regional thing? I mean what about Ford's long standing partnership with Eddie Bauer? Is that gone?
By NOW Yes! Bad Ass over priced Goodies,

But I would Love to have the Bronco Interior Option!!

There is Folsom, They give away free Orange jump suits..
you might know of them?

Last edited:

emerald86

Badlands
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Bronco, 21 Badlands Bronco, 23 Braptor INBOUND
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They have a $150 off $500 promo going now though the end of the month which makes the prices somewhat more reasonable - but usually it is very expensive but very durable.

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
If you've "made it" in Alaska, Filson's a thing. It might not be the best "performance", but their stuff is like buying $300 leather boots that will last you the rest of your life. Plus they have a cool history in AK and I can dig that.

When I worked on charter boats and such, some of the clientele had their stuff. I had one of their insulated vests based on a recommendation from one of them. It was kinda like a boujee Carhart vest.

Nowadays I'm all-in on American companies and try to buy quality "buy once, cry once" stuff now that I'm "established" and don't have to only shop at Walmart (but no offense to anyone who does).
I agree... I bought some Wesco boots earlier this year. 2-3 times the price of imported crap. I am proud to support American workers making living wages. I went into the Filson store for the first time when the Broncos were there. Real Americans working in the factory floor making products in the community.
Ford Bronco Am I the only one who hasn't heard of Filson? image1_81e58b894845175d4f65bc6087d94c10a646c9a5
Sponsored