Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Surprised we haven’t seen anything more about this yet.

calgecko

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Chevy ZR2 Bison V6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Seven GRAND for a tent??? that's MANY nights in a really nice hotel

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
7K???????

Ford Bronco Ursa Minor Camper Top for 2021 Bronco 4 door [B30 Pop Up Camper ] 1605759576241

Sponsored

Ramble_Offroad

Badlands
First Name
Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ya’ll don’t have to get it, that’s ok. I’m not planning to buy one as I’ve already been down a similar road. To each their own. Quit bitchin. I think it will be super cool to see how this evolves.

Lonestar777

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Dan Grec from "The Road Chose Me" youtube channel just put up some good overview videos of his Jeep version.

I don't think it makes much sense for an occasional camper. The point he makes though, is that it's not just about the sleeping. It also makes it so you can hang out, stand up, etc. in the back of your vehicle. That's a big deal if you are living out of your vehicle for 3 years while you travel around Africa! You need some place to be when it's rainy or the bugs are bad. For those of us just going out for overnight or weekend trips a tent works just fine.

mkennedy009

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Triumph Bonneville T100 110th Anniversary
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Only used a tent in Boy Scouts. Poncho for cover, Poncho liner and sleeping bag cover was my go to if I did not have my Radio Rig, Then I just slumped over the teletype to sleep.

Now that I am old, I like to be out of the bugs and the wet in PNW.

Back in the old days we had these things called tents - the kind you staked into the ground. And they didn't cost very much at all ...

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Only used a tent in Boy Scouts. Poncho for cover, Poncho liner and sleeping bag cover was my go to if I did not have my Radio Rig, Then I just slumped over the teletype to sleep.

Now that I am old, I like to be out of the bugs and the wet in PNW.
This was mostly sarcasm at the time. There was a lot of back in the day things were simple vs technology beats all that old simple stuff debates.

I get (and agree with) the different climates argument. While I don't think I would do a rooftop camper conversion (impractical for 90% daily driving), I would consider a roof top tent. I guess I'd need to somehow try one though.

I am more interested in an ultralight on-road trailer towed to a base camp, and daily or lightweight overnight excursions from there.

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

you can get a smittybilt rooftop tent that opens fully for about $1k and there are plenty of good hardshell rooftop tents that are under or around the $2k mark. There are far better and cheaper options

Sponsored

Ramble_Offroad

Badlands
First Name
Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m growing tired of the BS commentary within this entire forum. Ok so let’s make this clear here boys and girls.

Yes, there are cheaper options for a tent. That’s not what this thread is about.

You may not like the concept. That’s all well and fine. Move on with a smile.

We are all here because we love Broncos. Many of these Broncos will be $50k plus. If your not planning to purchase a Bronco then why are you here? Remember, many of these vehicles over time will see significant $$ spent on aftermarket mods well beyond 7K. Same logic applies to this camper as it does to this entire forum. OMG why would you buy a 50K dollar vehicle!?!? I’m shocked and appalled let’s go complain on some Porsche forum that a Porsche is fast.

Why would someone want to purchase an Ursa Minor camper? Because they want to ya dolts, its a choice. If your not interested in that choice there are literally hundreds of other threads that may interest you. So pick up your negative attitudes and walk the line, the door is over there. You’re empty criticisms are hollow and not helpful to this discussion. Go find another place to complain.

If you’re interested to see what Ursa comes up with to provide consumers with CHOICE then cool, let’s chat. I have real world experience within this consumer product category. I look forward to seeing this market segment expand.

My $0.02 bitches.
Nels

deckape

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1967 Mercury cougar/ 2004 ford F-250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Why would someone want to purchase an Ursa Minor camper? Because they want to ya dolts, its a choice. If your not interested in that choice there are literally hundreds of other threads that may interest you. So pick up your negative attitudes and walk the line, the door is over there. You’re empty criticisms are hollow and not helpful to this discussion. Go find another place to complain.
As you complain about getting roasted for posting about a $7k tent... :ROFLMAO: "to each, his own"

Life's too short my friend... don't take it personal.

CobraKaiSG

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi TTS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm from NY so haven't done a whole lot of overlanding (read: none at all ever) but i'm not getting why anyone would spend 7k on a tent on the roof. I'll put a tent on your roof for half that!

Bison

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fj cruiser, Power wagon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Apparently not a lot of you camp around bears I guess. You know the bears that can easily bite through the tent when your on the ground and you end up with 150 stitches to the head. It’s happened around here quite a bit. I have kids and I am on constant alert so when I sleep in my roof top tent, I get a good nights sleep vs sleeping on the ground. I don’t care if a bear comes at me but I don’t want my kids to be ruined from camping because I was careless. Hotels? They all pretty much have bed bugs and I will never stay in another one again.

Bison

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fj cruiser, Power wagon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Oh and you lose an extreme amount of clearance adding a roof top tent. I have one , it’s great but I am limited on some trails I go on because of it.
Sponsored