Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017GT350-SOLD, 2013 Ford Edge, 1969 Torino Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford says future vehicles will not be interrupted

https://www.torquenews.com/9539/for...and-f-150-hybrid-not-interrupted-corona-virus

Ford Says Future Vehicles, Including Next-Generation Ford F-150, And F-150 Hybrid, Not Interrupted By Corona Virus
Ford is facing many other delays, shutdowns and interruptions due to the Corona Virus fall out. Plants have closed, and stock dividends are suspended, but as of now, vehicle development is not impacted.

As I was reading the latest press release regarding Ford’s Corona virus update, one line jumped out to me that should give some Blue Oval fans some peace of mind. Ford announced a suspension of their dividend plan for those who invest in Ford stock. But directly from the press release shows encouraging news when it comes to new products, especially the much anticipated next-generation F-150, which includes a hybrid version of America’s best-selling pickup truck. Here’s the line:

“At the same time, Ford announced it has suspended the company’s dividend, prioritizing near-term financial flexibility and continued investments in an ambitious series of new-product launches in 2020 and long-term growth initiatives.”

Clearly this means that Ford is trying to focus on launches like the Ford Bronco as well as long-term initiatives which surely includes F-150 hybrid and probably the all-electric F-150. That’s some good news, in a time where we need more good news.
Sponsored

vr00m_vr00m

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Corolla, 93 G20, 87 Bronco II
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm not holding my breath. My bosses have told me that no one is allowed to return until April 15th, even then that date will be reevaluated.

This virus is not going away anytime soon.

BuckWildOffRoad

Raptor
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands Bronco, King Ranch F250, Taurus SHO
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Thanks for the update with factual information.

Sponsored

Adk_st

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Toyota 4runner TRD Pro '57 CHEVY 6400
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
My issue with the name is that it has nothing to do with the Mustang. It seems lazy. It's a solid product that can stand on its own. Especially if, as you say, a future family of vehicles will come after it.

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
59 Bird, 70, 74, 78, 79 Broncos, 84 LTD 331 w/Vortech, 86 Capri 5.0 turbo, 14 Stang GT, 17 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Just didn't see the point of pissing off millions of die hard Mustang fans, using a name that is not going to sell any more Mach-E's, than it would without the Mustang name. You may never understand what truly drives a hard core Mustang fan, but that does not mean Ford should have dismissed their passion.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just didn't see the point of pissing off millions of die hard Mustang fans, using a name that is not going to sell any more Mach-E's, than it would without the Mustang name. You may never understand what truly drives a hard core Mustang fan, but that does not mean Ford should have dismissed their passion.
The equivalent of , if they had used the beloved "Bronco" name on a rebadged Escape. LOL
Imagine the outrage!!!
As an example........................... CHEVY BLAZER!

SpursFan

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
350r, F150, Expedition, Cayenne and the others.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

2 or 3 and we won't even remember what went on
Direhard mustang fan here with a small fleet of them, have ZERO issue with the name...I mean come on the called the mustang II a mustang...Lol

Last edited:

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Die hard mustang fan here. I hated the Mach E name at first until I realized Ford’s genius.

it was free advertising to call it a mustang. I have no problems with it. Waiting on a hybrid bronco now :)

Sponsored

BroncoJeremie

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeremie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
A few loud people on the internet isn't millions, it does sell more than without it, it's not like they are taking anything away from the real mustang anyway.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
A few loud people on the internet isn't millions, it does sell more than without it, it's not like they are taking anything away from the real mustang anyway.
Someone at Ford supposedly said the Mach E helps ensure the real Mustang stays and also helps with CAFE numbers.
Sponsored