Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I asked my wife, and she had no problem with me wasting a day to save $3.5k. Since someone local matches I don’t have to worry about it.
We’re both from Des Moines so it definitely wouldn’t bother either one of us to take a trip home and picking up a Bronco for the drive back.
Sponsored

BroAD

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ah the old green screen report, scrambled eggs...

I like the new ones from WBDO much cleaner...
Any reason why invoice is roughly 93.5% MSRP and options are hovering 91%? Is this typically standard for all Ford vehicle pricing or just an example of what one could expect on a 2021 Ford F-150 4x4 Platinum?

John Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500/ Jeep Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
this is IMO why leather is a rip off. I believe if you look at something like
the roast black interior.

some or all of the roast is probably vinyl
That’s what I’ve been thinking but wanted confirmation. Just add it to the list of shit that Ford isn’t “listening” to.
Maybe the vinyl will be great but I feel they’re rolling the dice too hard on people buying these site unseen on nostalgia alone. I’m probably still in that category but I think there will be a lot of buyer’s remorse based on trusting Ford to meet those expectations.
As for me, if I’m spending over $50-60k on a vehicle I expect it to have leather and I’d rather it have an option to black out all the lame ass color accents.
With each of these announcements, they’re pushing me further and further out the door.
But like I said, maybe this vinyl is the best thing in the world.
Just another reason to opt for late availability.

Last edited:

RockEye

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Subaru WRX STI, 2DR Badlands Reservation
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Aftermarket is usually just the hitch, not wiring and coolers that add to the cost...

Not making an excuse for the price just a solid reason...
Thanks. I've never needed a tow package but I was curious why. Could possibly get a teardrop camper for this.

Cooknn

Badlands
First Name
David Cook
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Invoice - Holdback - Advertising Fee + $275 program fee
Is there a percentage I can use for Holdback - Advertising Fee + $275 program fee?

Sponsored

BeerForMyHorses

Base
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Meh, I'll take the peasant-sized screen. Who needs 12" anyway? (do NOT answer that).
The jokes write themselves. Thanks for the morning chuckle
I know you said, "do not answer," but I look at it this way. 6-7 years ago, some people didn't want to opt-up for an 8" screen over their 4-5" screens. "Who needs 8" anyway?" :) Now, those little screens seem tiny today and the 8" screens seem average. In 10 years, a 12" screen might be average. I wouldn't tell someone to get the upgrade for that reason only, but I doubt anyone complains the larger screens are too big.
I can't imagine 12" will ever be small in the future. This is a car after all, not a living room. What're they gonna do, replace the windshield with a 60" flat screen? Haha

I fly fighters in the air Force and I could definitely see other types of tech upgrades similar to aviation, like a HUD (heads-up-display) on the windshield displaying speed, gas, engine info, etc; multiple programmable display across the dash, more HOTAS-type controls (hands-on-throttle-and-stick) I.e. a lot more buttons to manipulate screens and displays across the steering wheel and shifter so you don't have to reach across to press a button on the dash.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Is there a percentage I can use for Holdback - Advertising Fee + $275 program fee?
Here is the Bronco Pricing spreadsheet with all information, holdbacks, etc.

2021 Bronco pricing & savings spreadsheet (X-Plan vs Invoice and Below Invoice)

Note: As of October 2020, Ford has stated the Bronco will not be eligible for X-Plan pricing on the MY21 Bronco, more details here:
2021 Bronco NOT Eligible For X-Plan (Official Document Confirmation) [Update: Confirmed by Ford]

Cooknn

Badlands
First Name
David Cook
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m sure there is for holdback. Think I’ve seen 2-3% in forum spreadsheets. Ad fee probably varies depending on location
So, when all is said and done A/Z Plan could end up being around 10% Off MSRP. Thanks, dad ?

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Any reason why invoice is roughly 93.5% MSRP and options are hovering 91%? Is this typically standard for all Ford vehicle pricing or just an example of what one could expect on a 2021 Ford F-150 4x4 Platinum?
Just the old formula that they still use on the trucks, I use the Ranger, Bronco Sport and new Explorer for my Bronco calculations, feel that is more accurate...

Sponsored

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I can't imagine 12" will ever be small in the future. This is a car after all, not a living room. What're they gonna do, replace the windshield with a 60" flat screen? Haha

I fly fighters in the air Force and I could definitely see other types of tech upgrades similar to aviation, like a HUD (heads-up-display) on the windshield displaying speed, gas, engine info, etc; multiple programmable display across the dash, more HOTAS-type controls (hands-on-throttle-and-stick) I.e. a lot more buttons to manipulate screens and displays across the steering wheel and shifter so you don't have to reach across to press a button on the dash.
Our company, Collins Aerospace, is already working on them, here is the F-35 20" Wide-Area display:

And here is Bell's full cockpit display:
Bell Unveils Single-screen V-280 Cockpit
Ford Bronco Invoice pricing for some 2021 Bronco packages and options webbell_v280singlescreencockpit_img_0390-1

BeerForMyHorses

Base
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Our company, Collins Aerospace, is already working on them, here is the F-35 20" Wide-Area display:

Ford Bronco Invoice pricing for some 2021 Bronco packages and options webbell_v280singlescreencockpit_img_0390-1
The technology going into 5th gen is unreal. Pilots aren't even pilots, they're more just operators at that point.

I sure hope there's still some back up analog gauges being added! Or at least a bunch of redundancy built into the electric system. That bottom picture I'm imagining flying 500 knots, 500 ft AGL, at night, through a mountain valley... with an electrical failure. That's enough to make me suck up the seat cushion!

BeerForMyHorses

Base
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

What would be the application of a wide area display that big in a car be for? I know it's definitely usable in a combat aircraft, because of the multiple sensors being employed at once. But even in aviation, sensory overload is a thing, and requires some proficient training of the world's best pilots to make efficient use of.

I'm struggling to understand the practical use of it in a car for the average Joe, when they don't really need access to that much information at once.

GoldenKnight

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Malibu
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
What would be the application of a wide area display that big in a car be for? I know it's definitely usable in a combat aircraft, because of the multiple sensors being employed at once. But even in aviation, sensory overload is a thing, and requires some proficient training of the world's best pilots to make efficient use of.

I'm struggling to understand the practical use of it in a car for the average Joe, when they don't really need access to that much information at once.
Kinda like this I guess. Pretty cool tech, certainly not necessary by any means though.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The technology going into 5th gen is unreal. Pilots aren't even pilots, they're more just operators at that point.

I sure hope there's still some back up analog gauges being added! Or at least a bunch of redundancy built into the electric system. That bottom picture I'm imagining flying 500 knots, 500 ft AGL, at night, through a mountain valley... with an electrical failure. That's enough to make me suck up the seat cushion!
Ford Bronco Invoice pricing for some 2021 Bronco packages and options 10265A92-83CC-4EB9-AD57-FBE5B19AC165
Sponsored