greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
kia
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Boy that kinda stinks. With the soft top you can only open the tailgate?
yeah but it does have a cool feature to lift it up a little, giving more room to load stuff.

Last edited:

Iceman153

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Uhm, shouldn't those side panels only be removable from INSIDE the car? Anyone can come along, pop them out, steal all your shit, and your car too while they are at it, and not have to break anything.

Edit : I was hoping to live with the soft top for a year until the white modular comes out, but the fact anyone can walk up and just open the top is a joke.

Sponsored

Hbass321

Outer Banks
First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
They finally made a video about it after a certain thread was posted. ;)

I can honestly say that the soft top on my JL is better. That lift up feature is pretty cool, but the rest of the top just looks cheap and clunky. The JL top folds down flatter and in mine, it still blocks my rearward view. I also think those side windows need to be held in better.

Iceman153

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Also it looks like you can't fold the roof all the way back without removing the side panels? those side panels kill the whole top for me.

kje22kje

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 4Runner TRD Off Rd
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Uhm, shouldn't those side panels only be removable from INSIDE the car? Anyone can come along, pop them out, steal all your shit, and your car too while they are at it, and not have to break anything.

Edit : I was hoping to live with the soft top for a year until the white modular comes out, but the fact anyone can walk up and just open the top is a joke.
Looks like the rear door has to be open to slide the panel out. Then the side panels have to be gone to remove the back panel. So there is your security. They'll just have to slash the panel with a box cutter to get your stuff. Much easier anyways.

kje22kje

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 4Runner TRD Off Rd
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Also it looks like you can't fold the roof all the way back without removing the side panels?
I wonder if that's the point of doing the video that way here, but I'm not sure we know that 100%. They should have addressed it on the video since they removed it before rolling it back. We'll hopefully get a for sure answer soon.

Sponsored

Iceman153

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Looks like the rear door has to be open to slide the panel out. Then the side panels have to be gone to remove the back panel. So there is your security. They'll just have to slash the panel with a box cutter to get your stuff. Much easier anyways.
Not from what i saw, that door doesn't need to be open at all. he just said it was easier to pop it out when you get your finger in there. Yeah sure of course a knife will make quick work of it, as does a rock with a glass window. but you look like your are breaking in if you do that.

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
Also it looks like you can't fold the roof all the way back without removing the side panels? those side panels kill the whole top for me.
...how would that work? The side panels just get smooshed?

IMO looks great. Definitely easier to remove completely than a Jeep soft top, I wonder if there are any additional parts on the roll cage up front that need to be removed to put on a hard top. If not, that is a pretty slick setup and I could see myself buying a soft top down the road.

Iceman153

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I wonder if that's the point of doing the video that way here, but I'm not sure we know that 100%. They should have addressed it on the video since they removed it before rolling it back. We'll hopefully get a for sure answer soon.
yeah they didn't say it explicitly, but if you look at the back side of that side panel when he removes it, it's got a solid strip of hard plastic on the back. No way that'll fold down nicely with the rest of the top if it's not removed.

BR0NCO

Raptor
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Audi
Your Bronco Model
Raptor

Jeep is the same
Sponsored