Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Uhm, shouldn't those side panels only be removable from INSIDE the car? Anyone can come along, pop them out, steal all your shit, and your car too while they are at it, and not have to break anything.

Edit : I was hoping to live with the soft top for a year until the white modular comes out, but the fact anyone can walk up and just open the top is a joke.
That’s with all Jeep soft tops too
Sponsored

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Uhm, shouldn't those side panels only be removable from INSIDE the car? Anyone can come along, pop them out, steal all your shit, and your car too while they are at it, and not have to break anything.

Edit : I was hoping to live with the soft top for a year until the white modular comes out, but the fact anyone can walk up and just open the top is a joke.
That's how these things always work. Jeeps and my Isuzu are the same way. Never been an issue.

GoldenKnight

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Malibu
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Anyone could walk past with a box cutter, slice your window, and steal your shit too.

Removing from the outside certainly seems more convenient for the user. Honestly if someone wants in your car they'll get it regardless.

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

A thief isn't going to be nice and take out your rear window and set it beside your Bronco, they're going to slash the top and take what they want. I never locked my convertible, ever, they could take whatever they wanted and it would be cheaper than replacing the soft top. Only practice is to not leave anything in the vehicle of value or that you're willing to lose.

Sponsored

Drafting_Monkey

Black Diamond
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 GT/CS, 20 Honda Insight EX & 19 Mazda CX9
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Look at all that engineering! ?

Dillhole

Base
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Jeep Wrangler 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Base
That is one fancy top! Long time Jeep soft top owner, no experience with the JL tops so I don't know advancements they made with those vs JK but still. That tilt feature for rear loading is freaking sweet! I can't see doing that in the winter and not having cracked windows but still nice for half the year. Also nice that the entire soft top can be removed relatively easily, I honestly don't see the point, but it's nice to have the option since my favorite soft top position is roof on but windows all out and doors off. Get all the air but not baked to a crisp in the sun. Also nice there's no zippers, they get pretty gummed up from road salt after not being used for a few months.

BUT I wonder how long those little plastic clips will last before they bust and you're buying new windows. I used to break those things all the time on any backpack that had them.

Hopefully we'll see something similar for the 2 door.

Iceman153

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

A thief isn't going to be nice and take out your rear window and set it beside your Bronco, they're going to slash the top and take what they want. I never locked my convertible, ever, they could take whatever they wanted and it would be cheaper than replacing the soft top. Only practice is to not leave anything in the vehicle of value or that you're willing to lose.
My point was more that they can steal stuff without looking like they are stealing. They look like it's their truck and they are just taking the top down. Glass windows smash just as easily with a rock. Having to damage the car to get in makes it less of a easy target. You also have to have a knife with you...

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
My point was more that they can steal stuff without looking like they are stealing. They look like it's their truck and they are just taking the top down. Glass windows smash just as easily with a rock. Having to damage the car to get in makes it less of a easy target. You also have to have a knife with you...
I mean if this is a serious worry I’d just get the rear cargo lockbox. I just don’t keep anything in my vehicle that would make me lose sleep if it was stolen. A soft top should be the same way. If someone wants to learn how to take off a bronco soft top so they can break in to mine they can go right ahead lol.

Sponsored

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have seen pics of em with the side panels folded in and they looked fine. Its just the Bronco Nation folks a 2md cousins of the rockstars so they forgot to mention that.

Anyways it looks tight, solid and simple enough to me. It beats stretching snaps like the old days. Ever have to borrow a hair dryer to put your top on in the winter? I have! This is cake and I like the way it locks in when folded.

Only thing I hope is that I can fold it all back. Then flip it up and bungee it to the crossbar. That way its still on and I can get to the cooler without doing that sexy dip under pushup move like Emily Blunt did 50 times in that Tom Cruise movie.
Ford Bronco Bronco Soft Top how-to video -- folding, removing and window removal tumblr_nlmyik7Xaq1ro6omro1_500

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Ok, a thief with a knife or razorblade will be quicker than you sliding the sides out and if they're not brash enough to do in a populated parking lot then they will wait the 30 seconds it takes a passerby to continue walking away, slicing a soft top isn't enough to get anyone's attention. Christmas is near, how many cars get broken into at store parking lots? and that's with people all of the place and oh yes, they'll smash windows too.

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
That way its still on and I can get to the cooler without doing that sexy dip under pushup move like Emily Blunt did 50 times in that Tom Cruise movie.
Ford Bronco Bronco Soft Top how-to video -- folding, removing and window removal tumblr_nlmyik7Xaq1ro6omro1_500
ON YOUR FEET MAGGOT

Such a good movie.

Tortuga353

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ok. Looks like I expected so I’m ready to order.

Raz4back

Badlands
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That is irrelevant if theft is your concern. You can have zero removable panels and if a person wants in they will just cut the top. I had it happen more than once when I owned a soft top Jeep.
Sponsored