Sponsored

Why go Sasquatch when Badlands 4.70 is Same ?

AzScorpion

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew Lariat 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
plus 95% of the people buying a bronco will never air their tires down to 10psi while offroad...the whole reason for beadlocks in the first place
It sounds like there's a whole lot that are getting the SAS and are going to be mall crawlers too. Whatever, just get what you like if it makes you happy. No reason to criticize (not you) peoples choices but there are several here that do.

As far as airing down you're right most will never go that low. But if you like the look then get them. Plus it's nice to have them in case you need them in the future...Trip to MOAB?
Sponsored

bigsky713

Badlands
First Name
Vernon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 Ford Bronco / 2002 Ford Super Duty 7.3 PS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Your assumption is wrong. I’m not going to do the work for you because you were the one that posted on this persons thread about “recycled convo”.
If you don’t like a thread, ignore it.
Super Cel East is where a Ford rep told us that the Squatch has different springs and longer shocks in the coilovers to provide the extra lift.

Your original post is the reason there are so many threads and posts about the Squatch with BL questions.
Bronco Bro, pump the brakes!!! I am not the product expert here and do not claim to be. If you search the forum, you will find this topic discussed over and over again.
I am not trying to make enemies and certainly not trying to square up with you.
I am simply stating what I believe to be accurate from what I have read on different forums regarding this subject.

Mitragorz

First Edition
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PIckups
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Personally, I'm going with a squatch badlands I think, after the tires wear out I'm likely going to a 16" wheel (obviously fits bc it comes std on the base) and either 35s again or 37s. I love the small rim/big balloon tire look.

I've heard people call it "old school" but I think that's the way it's supposed to be. I had a '93 bronco with 15s and 33s and I thought it was the shit. I love seeing a lot of sidewall.

BroncBro

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Will aftermarket 35’s fit on a badlands without squatch? Meaning will they rub due to not having the extra 1’ lift? 90% street use, 10% lighter off reading.

I want to buy aftermarket wheels and tires. I also like the non-squatch flares. I don’t care about the price concerns but I don’t want rubbing. Mine will be used for some over landing and mall crawling.
The Overlander build is said to be regular BL suspension with 35s. That’s why they look so stuffed. They did fit and they showed some slow driving around with them. My guess is they will scrub with too much flex up front.

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The beadlock capable wheels are kind of a gimmick in my mind. No one driving on road needs them, and almost no one driving off road needs them either. It's cool to say you have them, but most people will never "need" them.

Beadlocks only lock one side of the tire, and you still need the beadlock rim, unless it's included in the price. How low are you expecting to go with tire pressure, or how fast are you going to go over rough terrain. Very few people will ever lose a tire bead off road, because very few people drive in that manner, and if you do, re-seat the bead and go. Or, better yet, pull the wheel off the rig and put on the spare and keep driving. It's an answer to a question that isn't being asked by consumers, except by people that think it looks cool.
yup the first time i seated a blown bead with starting fluid i almost lost my eyebrows lol.

Sponsored

ramblinwreck

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
`22 Wildtrak, '21 Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My personal option on Badlands vs Squatched:

there is no lift at all, identical suspensions. The high rise fenders and bump stops give more clearance for the larger tires.

texasgreazer

Heritage
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer, 2019 GMC Canyon
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Personally, I'm going with a squatch badlands I think, after the tires wear out I'm likely going to a 16" wheel (obviously fits bc it comes std on the base) and either 35s again or 37s. I love the small rim/big balloon tire look.

I've heard people call it "old school" but I think that's the way it's supposed to be. I had a '93 bronco with 15s and 33s and I thought it was the shit. I love seeing a lot of sidewall.
This is exactly why I'll skip Sasquatch if I go BL. I hate the beadlocks, but BL with the optional 4.70 will give me "almost" everything Sasquatch and I can throw on some 16' wheels of my own choosing.

If I drop down to base, BB, BD, I'll get the Sasquatch, but would still like to ditch the rims!

Its only 4.70 with a manual. Considering all sasquatch buyers will be opting for the automatic, if you did the same that would leave you with a 4.46:)
I believe the 4.70 can be optioned on the BL for no additional charge regardless of transmission choice.

JHawk

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The stocks are my favorite. Guess it is all personal taste.
I agree, stock and AT tires look good. Go with what you like. Beadlock capable does not mean anything unless you send the money to make them beadlock and then they are not street legal unless you send the money on beadlock wheels that are street legal. I think that I will have plenty of fun without beadlocks.

Edit: I am no expert in offroading but have absorbed a lot on this forum. Thanks to all for the education.

PrevCYBRTRKrez

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 4dr Badlands, 2020 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I agree, stock and AT tires look good. Go with what you like. Beadlock capable does not mean anything unless you send the money to make them beadlock and then they are not street legal unless you send the money on beadlock wheels that are street legal. I think that I will have plenty of fun without beadlocks.

Edit: I am no expert in offroading but have absorbed a lot on this forum. Thanks to all for the education.
Exactly, at this point I am stuck between either a BD with squatch or a Badlands with no options except 2.7. Gotta do whats in the budget. Decisions, decisions.

texasgreazer

Heritage
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer, 2019 GMC Canyon
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

They can't all be using the same brakes, can they? From 16" base to sasquatch huge difference in rotating mass
I don't think anything has been released stating one way or the other, but the general consensus I've seen is, if they had larger brakes, they'd be telling us it had larger brakes. There is a huge difference in weight, but 17" is still the largest diameter wheel available, that's only a half inch extra clearance on the caliper.

Sponsored

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford said the BL and Sas suspension is basically the same, with <.4" difference in height. That's the difference between a 315/70/17 and 35" tire.

OspreyFE55

Badlands
First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Smart ForTwo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

BL non Sasquatch all day long! The beadlock wheels are a gimmick and they are not true beadlocks, they are just a show piece! Plus the 33” A/T BFG tire is a much better tire than the M/T, the plus to having A/T over the M/T will also be road noise. I have had the BFG on my jeep and got 60k miles out of them! Plus I have already sourced 5 new wheels which will cost $1100 shipped to the house!

BroncBro

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

That also has real 35's not 315's the "35" is bigger
Not always, thats a common misconception. Depends on the manufacturer. All brands have slightly different sizes. BFG tires tend to run a little smaller than most other brands.
Almost none run true to size. They’re all usually smaller than the size posted on the tire.
The difference in size of a BFG KM3 is only 1/10th of an inch between their 35x12.50” and 315/70/17, which is what the Overlander is rolling around on.

Last edited:

BroncBro

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Bronco Bro, pump the brakes!!! I am not the product expert here and do not claim to be. If you search the forum, you will find this topic discussed over and over again.
I am not trying to make enemies and certainly not trying to square up with you.
I am simply stating what I believe to be accurate from what I have read on different forums regarding this subject.
It’s all good. No worries. ?

Bullitt

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2001 Bullitt Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
BL non Sasquatch all day long! The beadlock wheels are a gimmick and they are not true beadlocks, they are just a show piece! Plus the 33” A/T BFG tire is a much better tire than the M/T, the plus to having A/T over the M/T will also be road noise. I have had the BFG on my jeep and got 60k miles out of them! Plus I have already sourced 5 new wheels which will cost $1100 shipped to the house!
The Goodyear Territory M/T is a new tire and designed/tuned specifically for the Bronco. Not saying you're wrong, but the Territory M/T is not even out there yet and you're saying the BFG is better? I'm all ears though, so post a link to the test between the two.
Sponsored