First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Trailblazer, '09 Forester Limited
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Lost me at bolts in the wheel well. MIC is what it will have to be.
If it's anything like Jeep hard tops, there are bolts to hold down the hard top in the Bronco too. And those bolts are only if you want to completely remove the soft top, which I won't be doing hardly. That's the whole reason to leave the soft top attached - to always have the top with you whenever you need it.
Sponsored

Last edited:

dnvrBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Highlander, Outback, 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Uhm, shouldn't those side panels only be removable from INSIDE the car? Anyone can come along, pop them out, steal all your shit, and your car too while they are at it, and not have to break anything.

Edit : I was hoping to live with the soft top for a year until the white modular comes out, but the fact anyone can walk up and just open the top is a joke.
First rule of soft top ownership: don’t leave stuff in your vehicle. 2nd rule: take the top off and put it inside the garage if you don’t want it f’d up when they break in. Did I mention garages?

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ran a soft top in my JK. Loved it. This one is gonna be sweet. I love the easy complete removal feature.
I think it looks great too. Not sure why some are so drastically against it. It does work different from the JL BUT that is because they added the tilt up rear feature that is a huge improvement of the JL. The tilt up requires the slide out panels to slide at the bottom instead of the top hence the buckles at the top. JL top works great, and this one works great.

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Lost me at bolts in the wheel well. MIC is what it will have to be.
The hardtop will have bolts as well AND your going to have to keep them too. Sucks.

Sponsored

redflipppper`

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Wildtrak LUX 3.0 HOSS, 2.7 SAS
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Video made that real easy for me to wait until *late availability (and all the other items)for the shadow black top and will be buying an aftermarket soft top or bikini cover from bestop or someone else.

JTBros

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GR Corolla
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I feel like everyone complaining needs to do themselves a favor and watch a JLU soft top be removed. Having a convertible this size comes with some sacrifices. If you want an easy to operate soft top go to your local Jeep dealer and get the Sahara with the canvas sliding roof.

Rhino67

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep, pathfinder, altima (miss my F150)
Your Bronco Model
Base
First, that flip up rear window is awesome. Anyone who has owned a JK will appreciate it. Can't comment on the JL but I assume like wise.

Second, how many pampered, Starbucks drinking, people are on here? It's not a traditional convertible. It's an off-road vehicle that comes with many conveniences, but some take more than a button push to work properly and functionally while climbing out of a mud rut.

Last edited:

Ramble_Offroad

Badlands
First Name
Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Uhm, shouldn't those side panels only be removable from INSIDE the car? Anyone can come along, pop them out, steal all your shit, and your car too while they are at it, and not have to break anything.

Edit : I was hoping to live with the soft top for a year until the white modular comes out, but the fact anyone can walk up and just open the top is a joke.
Please revisit reality, it’s a soft top. It’s not Kevlar, welcome to every single soft top ever made on the entire planet.

Sponsored

JGuske23

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep compass
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

First, that flip up rear window is awesome. Anyone who has owned a JK will appreciate it. Can't comment on the JL but I assume like wise.

Second, how many pampered, Starbucks drinking, people are one here? It's not a traditional convertible. It's an off-road vehicle that comes with many conveniences, but some take more than a button push to work properly and functionally while climbing out of a mud rut.

I think that most of these complaints are coming from people that have never had a Jeep and have no understanding how things are or have been done. They'll be in for a rude awaking when their bronco arrives and it's not a luxury sedan.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ya’ll complain about EVERYTHING! Wow.

That design is fantastic, intuitive and looks very easy to put back with 1 person. Great video too.

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not really a factor...unless they happened to watch the YouTube video. A low end thief is generally not very smart...they’re not removing windows. If they want in, they just cut.
Or smash. Really, this whole boxcutter soft top vs hard top BS needs to be in its own thread vs threadjacking a discussion on how the soft top works. There's soft top haters that will always be bringing up how one can cut them while conveniently ignoring that it also only takes seconds to smash a window. For the mythical wallet on the console/seat in plain view scenario it doesn't make a damn bit of difference what type of enclosure surrounds the vehicle.
Sponsored