Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
70 Ford Mustang, Mazda CX5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
finally a side profile shot!!!!

Just when I had moved on from black Diamond and settled into big bend 2door squatch...ugh this is difficult now. To me the looks are fine here, doesn’t look too squat or “flex-ish” like the outer banks ones. Now it’s really down to whether the improved Sasquatch suspension + ability to fit 35s is worth the sacrifice of the 2 door...decisions decisions!
I am leaning toward the BD nonsquatch. How hard would it be to lift this 2”?
Would that make the tires look too small?
Also would aftermarket lift affect the drive as it will be a daily driver?
any input is welcomed!
Sponsored

OP
OP
NoDoorsNoProblem

NoDoorsNoProblem

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GMC Canyon SLT Mini-Duramax
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am leaning toward the BD nonsquatch. How hard would it be to lift this 2”?
Would that make the tires look too small?
Also would aftermarket lift affect the drive as it will be a daily driver?
any input is welcomed!
I don’t think it would be too difficult. You could end up doing what most people with mid and full size trucks, and other off road SUVs do - coil spacer or longer springs in the back, new coil overs in the front for 2” of lift. Coil overs are relatively easy if you have the tools, and most basic Fox coil overs will run you about $1k and be a slight improvement on road. For more money, you can go with coil overs from Icon or King what will probably ride even better, and if you have the money, I’m sure someone will be fabbing up upper control arms soon after Broncos show up.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I don’t think it would be too difficult. You could end up doing what most people with mid and full size trucks, and other off road SUVs do - coil spacer or longer springs in the back, new coil overs in the front for 2” of lift. Coil overs are relatively easy if you have the tools, and most basic Fox coil overs will run you about $1k and be a slight improvement on road. For more money, you can go with coil overs from Icon or King what will probably ride even better, and if you have the money, I’m sure someone will be fabbing up upper control arms soon after Broncos show up.
I'd have someone do it who does this a lot. My mechanic has a fiat, lifted, and one day was pointing out one that had nor been done right. On the lift, you could see the physics and angles involved.

KindaOrange

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None... hurry up Ford!
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Whoever decided Badlands needed Halloween Orange interior accents is costing Ford a lot of moolah
I like the orange.

If I could get my seats (blue trim on BD) swapped with a BL-owner (orange trimmed seats)...

ChapEJF

Outer Banks
First Name
Everett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco OBX/BD Mashup
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Still have not seen a decent pic of the side of the BD with Steelies, so I made my own. Apologies to the photographer for the crude photo edit. This helps me, in a small way, envision what the BD will look like.

BD New Pic.jpeg

Sponsored

Jv15

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Anyone know if we’ll see a small silver center cap with the bronco logo for the BD Steelies? That seemingly small detail would make a big difference in the look to me. I like the steelies but would add a little refinement and seems like a very simple option.

porjos

Black Diamond
First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Anyone know if we’ll see a small silver center cap with the bronco logo for the BD Steelies? That seemingly small detail would make a big difference in the look to me. I like the steelies but would add a little refinement and seems like a very simple option.
I found that very odd, that such a small (and cool!) detail was left out on that rim...it's the ONLY rim to not offer it. Even the 16 inch base steelies have it :(

I don't know if it's a psychological way of Ford trying to upsell you from a mid-trim...but it's rather annoying to get something on the Base and not the Black Diamond, especially when they took all that care to include these small details all over the vehicle.

I'll just end up getting aftermarket at some point, I won't split hairs over it...but it is unnecessarily annoying.

Edit: @Tommy1135 I think you're right! Maybe it's just missing from B&P. I zoomed in on some other production-concept pics and I see it!

Last edited:

Tommy1135

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I found that very odd, that such a small (and cool!) detail was left out on that rim...it's the ONLY rim to not offer it. Even the 16 inch base steelies have it :(

I don't know if it's a psychological way of Ford trying to upsell you from a mid-trim...but it's rather annoying to get something on the Base and not the Black Diamond, especially when they took all that care to include these small details all over the vehicle.

I'll just end up getting aftermarket at some point, I won't split hairs over it...but it is unnecessarily annoying.
It’s gotta have it. The build and price don’t show the center caps for both the base and BD, but real life pictures of the base have them. No way they leave the BD out like that. Or would they....

Jarrett

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura RDX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It’s gotta have it. The build and price don’t show the center caps for both the base and BD, but real life pictures of the base have them. No way they leave the BD out like that. Or would they....
This picture seems to have the bronco center cap on the steelies. Who knows if it is the final production plan or not. I hope they include it, as it adds a nice final touch to the look.

Ford Bronco Ultimate Black Diamond Non-Sasquatch pics thread 0C1B1EE1-49C5-4E29-8199-A71177E09E07

Sponsored

scottyb907

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
74 Ford Bronco, RAM 3500,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I’m torn between Base-Man-squatch loaded with accessories with a 7 speed if it becomes available, or a BD stock with a 7 speed. Or splurge a little bit and get BD with mid package, but I’ll loose the manual ?.
Too many combos. Wish ford made 3 damn trims with a ton of different options instead of 5 with different shit you can get but not other things you want.
Me too! That seems to be the way they Juice you for more $$$$$

mjjnuge

Heritage
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

@Gman90 I feel ya. I want the BD for the MGV but want the manual too. My wife wants the heated seats, so I'll have to go mid and lose the manual ?

Gman90

Base
First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 mustang gt500
Your Bronco Model
Base
To me the entire point of going up a trim from base model is to get mid package. It still stings to not be able to get manual with mid package. I’m not spending 40k to not have it with BD, I just can’t give up the chance for a manual. If I was getting a Ford F-150 v8 I wouldn’t mind not having a stick because there is no stick. Now I’m leaning towards waiting this out and see what happens in a year or two. Maybe even getting a used bronco after I see what the fall out is on a first launch

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

FerkinBlonco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 KLR 650, 2022 Bronco Base (2dr/7mt/CO)
Your Bronco Model
Base
To me the entire point of going up a trim from base model is to get mid package. It still stings to not be able to get manual with mid package. I’m not spending 40k to not have it with BD, I just can’t give up the chance for a manual. If I was getting a Ford F-150 v8 I wouldn’t mind not having a stick because there is no stick. Now I’m leaning towards waiting this out and see what happens in a year or two. Maybe even getting a used bronco after I see what the fall out is on a first launch
So, I'm really stressing about mid/manual, now that I'm considering manual again. I haven't been able to tell from the various threads on here,or I just plain suck at searching... well I know I do... but anyway, is it known for sure than man/mid is not an option for the 1st year? I 100% don't treat b&p as scripture so have been hoping that combo not being allowed on the Ford site is a glitch. I remember prior to b&p launch, the flyer with configs said mid/man was an option, though remote start wouldn't be included.
Sponsored