Reaction score
Website
www.brokeninnovation.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands non-sas 4 door manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bronco seems to be having issues, any idea whats going on? Clearly not anything as serious as last year (knock on wood) but still

Edit: Holy Crap, they swapped a whole steering rack! (dont have twitter myself) Considering that, I am actually pretty impressed with their progress!
Sponsored

Last edited:

level3looper

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bronco seems to be having issues, any idea whats going on? Clearly not anything as serious as last year (knock on wood) but still

Edit: Holy Crap, they swapped a whole steering rack! (dont have twitter myself) Considering that, I am actually pretty impressed with their progress!
Yep. It seems like they're still in the same spot as the map pic I post an hour ago...

OP
OP
TeocaliMG

TeocaliMG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brokeninnovation.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yep. It seems like they're still in the same spot as the map pic I post an hour ago...
They are making progress, it just looks rather slow the last hour or so. I've refreshed 3 times in the last 30 minutes and it has been moving.

Sponsored
OP
OP
TeocaliMG

TeocaliMG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brokeninnovation.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Alright, looks like they'll be able to high five on the way by pretty soon here :LOL:
Ford Bronco Bronco R in action, BAJA 1000 1605968345621

OP
OP
TeocaliMG

TeocaliMG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brokeninnovation.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What are the odds! hahaha this is awesome. That gap is only a quarter mile. (Bronco you know what you need to do ;) )

Ford Bronco Bronco R in action, BAJA 1000 1605969141157

level3looper

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What are the odds! hahaha this is awesome. That gap is only a quarter mile. (Bronco you know what you need to do ;) )

Ford Bronco Bronco R in action, BAJA 1000 1605969141157
The Glick must have timed it that way so he can pull a raspberry! Here's another catch of the Boot at 5 minutes into the video wit the Bronco two vehicles behind:

toddz69

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Steering racks are the bane of the production-based vehicles. We raced a Ranger years ago in BITD and we got pretty good at changing them. The Raptors that Ford raced also changed their fair share of them.

Sponsored
OP
OP
TeocaliMG

TeocaliMG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brokeninnovation.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The gap is 155 miles.
At this point the course comes together again so we passed them again in opposite directions. We are now 160 miles ahead...
I was referring to the gap between the paths of the course, the joke was implying the Bronco should skip over it ;). I am honestly very impressed with how the Bronco and Boot have done so far. The Boot is steadily increasing the gap and is clearly the faster vehicle (as I would expect it to be despite my Bronco cheerleading). Despite some mechanical set backs for the Bronco, it has pushed on at a respectable pace. There are some checkpoints where the Boot gains 5 miles or so on the Bronco, and others where it only gains a couple, if that. Any way you cut it I'm happy if a mass production powertrain and short-chassis can do this!

I also love your rig, I work at Ford as engineer but your gig is my dream job! I would be much more fulfilled designing and producing lower production/higher performance vehicles. As a fan of independent suspension (done properly) the Boot serves as an excellent example for what can be achieved in the name of all out performance while still maintaining more practicality and even cost than say a built KOH rig when you really understand vehicle dynamics. I hope do try something like that some day! Even Ford performance products lean into mass production intent too much to really be at the same level.

Werkedperformance

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 4dr 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The boys are killing it. Sorry, bronco peeps, but Glickenhaus is crushing it. So cool to actually feel close to the team.

Jim, James, Crew, hell yeah!!!!!

So pumped to see you take the second class 2 1000 title.

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
The boys are killing it. Sorry, bronco peeps, but Glickenhaus is crushing it. So cool to actually feel close to the team.

Jim, James, Crew, hell yeah!!!!!

So pumped to see you take the second class 2 1000 title.
At the end of the day, I’m an off-road enthusiast first. Bronco happens to have a special place in my heart.... but the Boot is a badass rig.