Sponsored

Why go Sasquatch when Badlands 4.70 is Same ?

OP
OP

Emcfetr1

Wildtrak
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The Goodyear Territory M/T is a new tire and designed/tuned specifically for the Bronco. Not saying you're wrong, but the Territory M/T is not even out there yet and you're saying the BFG is better? I'm all ears though, so post a link to the test between the two.
I do like what Goodyear did when they in my opinion changed the game with the duratrac being a hybrid tire. Not sure if they were the first to do a mt/at hybrid but that tire is amazing and now a lot of other brands followed suit . So many different hybrids now and that new Goodyear tire has tread like an a/t and in my
Opinion looks bad*ss so we’ll see
Sponsored

OP
OP

Emcfetr1

Wildtrak
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I do like what Goodyear did when they in my opinion changed the game with the duratrac being a hybrid tire. Not sure if they were the first to do a mt/at hybrid but that tire is amazing and now a lot of other brands followed suit . So many different hybrids now and that new Goodyear tire has tread like an a/t and in my
Opinion looks bad*ss so we’ll see
I’m also worried that the bronco looks awesome with 35’s and anything smaller looks just like a boxy suv . Iv said all my life how much a wheel and tire can drastically change how a vehicle looks . All the diff models they have out there it seems depending on tire width a 33” can look awesome or too skinny

MJJ

Wildtrak
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon, Jeep Wagoneer, Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The Overlander build is said to be regular BL suspension with 35s. That’s why they look so stuffed. They did fit and they showed some slow driving around with them. My guess is they will scrub with too much flex up front.
Thanks for the info.

JHawk

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Exactly, at this point I am stuck between either a BD with squatch or a Badlands with no options except 2.7. Gotta do whats in the budget. Decisions, decisions.
I understand. I have works for years to get to a point where I am more comfortable financially, then a couple of weeks back my daughter got engaged and wants to discuss the wedding budget at Thanksgiving. It is all good though as she is level headed and I have only one daughter. :)

BroncoT

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There are a lot of valid opinions in this thread. One common theme emerges, Ford priced this right. There isn’t a sure fire best option. At this point, it’s personal preference.

1. 35” versus 33” with a very similar lift.
2. stock rims versus bead lock capable.
3. fatter tires that look cool and are slightly more off road versus DD but still awesome off-road capable.

the one option I feel makes less sense is the 33” bead lock capable MT combo. At that point, I’d just go SAS.

Sponsored

BroncBro

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I disagree, there is no information that supports anything you are saying. It is all speculation.
If you have facts post them in your next reply.
I’m not trying to beat this dead horse. I just found some new info from another thread that’s useful and answers many peoples questions about this.

If you go to the SEMA Live Stream thread here https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/sema-special-live-stream-bronco-q-a.9118/page-11#post-330934
The video talks about the difference in the BL and Squatch suspension.

If you watch at mark 23:50, he says “with the BL suspension youre getting about a 10mm lift and with Squatch you’re getting about 1.5” of lift.”

Looks like the Squatch is getting about a 1.2” lift over the Badlands suspension which makes sense after seeing a regular Squatch Bronco and the Overlander build.

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You used quotation marks, so you're literally using his exact words; however, that's not what I heard. I heard him say they're basically the same suspension, but the Sas offers 1.5" over stock and 10mm (less than .4") over Badlands.

Are you sure about that quote?

robepa

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2006 Tacoma, 2020 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The beadlock capable wheels are kind of a gimmick in my mind. No one driving on road needs them, and almost no one driving off road needs them either. It's cool to say you have them, but most people will never "need" them.

Beadlocks only lock one side of the tire, and you still need the beadlock rim, unless it's included in the price. How low are you expecting to go with tire pressure, or how fast are you going to go over rough terrain. Very few people will ever lose a tire bead off road, because very few people drive in that manner, and if you do, re-seat the bead and go. Or, better yet, pull the wheel off the rig and put on the spare and keep driving. It's an answer to a question that isn't being asked by consumers, except by people that think it looks cool.
I agree no one needs beadlocks, and I would extend it to the entire Bronco.

But... I want it and it seams like a ton of fun! As far as beadlocks, yeah I will use them, I air my truck down to 18 for standard wheeling and 12 is as low as I dare for snow wheeling.

For me the decision would be to go non SAS and go strait to 37", but I will go SAS until others prove out how the stock driveline does on 37" and how Ford treats the warranty support.

In general the Bronco will be so much more capable than my Tacoma off road, nobody needs more... ;)

flatlander40

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m also worried that the bronco looks awesome with 35’s and anything smaller looks just like a boxy suv . Iv said all my life how much a wheel and tire can drastically change how a vehicle looks . All the diff models they have out there it seems depending on tire width a 33” can look awesome or too skinny
I agree
I don’t need a massive bro machine, but I do want it to look like a Bronco and not a soft top SUV

BroncBro

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Are you sure about that quote?
I am paraphrasing. I apologize for the quote but I just watched it again and I still think at the end of his response he says that BL is about 10mm of lift and Squatch is about 1.5” of lift.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Emcfetr1

Wildtrak
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I wouldn't assume 4.70 is available in auto for non-Sas. It's probably just another B&P bug.

Ford Bronco Why go Sasquatch when Badlands 4.70 is Same ? 0863CDD5-DEB4-433F-9AEC-7DF000215D7F

https://www.ford.com/cmslibs/conten...21/mediakit/21_Bronco_Prelim_Tech_Specs_1.pdf
That’s what I assumed because it doesn’t make sense . Now in the past my Fx4 could come with 3.55 or 3.73 gears for exact same truck (my buddy and I had exact trucks with either rear gear) . I assume ford wants people to buy the Sasquatch package and not try and bypass the system like I listed . I just hear a lot of nightmares about people regearing for bigger tires and 6 months later them exploding so would prefer the gear I need for 35’s from the factory . And he’ll then you could go 37’s with the 4.70 and it won’t be horrible . I def don’t want to order a base with 30” tires and throw 35-37’s on it and have someone try and regear it

OspreyFE55

Badlands
First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Smart ForTwo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The Goodyear Territory M/T is a new tire and designed/tuned specifically for the Bronco. Not saying you're wrong, but the Territory M/T is not even out there yet and you're saying the BFG is better? I'm all ears though, so post a link to the test between the two.
The Goodyear tire has been out for a while now,(2019 is what I have found) the only thing that changed for the Bronco was the Goodyear agreed to pull off the word “Wrangler.” Tire rack has lots of reviews on them both but there isn’t a lot of test comparing the 2 because one is a MT and the other an AT tire. The tires themselves have been available in the Canadian markets as well. This thread also talks about them as well. Also BFG has always had a higher superiority over Goodyear, just google the 2 and there is plenty to be said on that.
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...his-seemingly-new-line-of-goodyear-tire.6524/

Bullitt

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2001 Bullitt Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The Goodyear tire has been out for a while now,(2019 is what I have found) the only thing that changed for the Bronco was the Goodyear agreed to pull off the word “Wrangler.” Tire rack has lots of reviews on them both but there isn’t a lot of test comparing the 2 because one is a MT and the other an AT tire. The tires themselves have been available in the Canadian markets as well. This thread also talks about them as well. Also BFG has always had a higher superiority over Goodyear, just google the 2 and there is plenty to be said on that.
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...his-seemingly-new-line-of-goodyear-tire.6524/
Not sure what Goodyear Territory M/T you found in 2019, but per the Goodyear Reps, this tire was designed/tuned/tested specifically for the Bronco. Yes, the Territory is available for other models, but not the same Territory tire.

IXFE

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I absolutely want 35’s on my Badlands. But I’m not sold on that Goodyear Territory. The more I look at it, the more I think “meh.”

I’m actually sitting at Discount Tire as I write this... having a new set of Nitto Ridge Grapplers (35x12.5R18) installed on my JKUR (pic below). I’ve been running this tire on the Jeep three years. And I’ve got a set on my 2019 Super Duty (37x12.50R22). Really like them.

So for the choice is between...

1a) Badlands on stock wheels, sell 33” BFG’s, replace with 35” BFG’s on stock wheels (ie factory look with a bit more rubber)

1b) Badlands on stock wheels, sell BOTH 33” BFG’s and the factory wheels (5 new take-offs should bring 1200-1500) and replace with a set of black/gray Fuels running 35” Nitto Ridge Grapplers.
—————————————-
2a) Badlands + Sasquatch, sell the GY Territories and replace with 35” BFG KO2 or Nitto RG on Sasquatch wheel (powder coat the ring gray to match BL grill).

2b) Badlands + Sasquatch, sell the Sas wheels AND tires (thinking these takes offs should command a premium??) and replace with Fuels running 35” Nitto Ridge Grapplers

Obviously I would only do scenario 2a -or- 2b if I thought there was something truly unique about the Sasquatch suspension over the stock Badlands. So hard to know for sure.

Ford Bronco Why go Sasquatch when Badlands 4.70 is Same ? 01CB2BC6-4EDC-4D2C-8064-5A8DD29C0022
Sponsored