Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing cool
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

They had another opportunity here to destroy Jeep but again failed. Why not a power down glass rear panel and glass sides that can fold into the bed like flaps on a cardboard box. This top looks like the just said “Well it just has to be marginally better than Jeep.” Looks like a cheap tent.
Sponsored

Trueblue2296

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands, 2022 F250 Tremor 6.7L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Uhm, shouldn't those side panels only be removable from INSIDE the car? Anyone can come along, pop them out, steal all your shit, and your car too while they are at it, and not have to break anything.

Edit : I was hoping to live with the soft top for a year until the white modular comes out, but the fact anyone can walk up and just open the top is a joke.
Even if you couldn’t open it from the outside like that, someone can easily cut through the soft top and still take your shit. If someone wants it bad enough they’ll take it. IE break windows and so on. They wont be able to start it though it’s push button. Needs the key in the vehicle to get it started.

Jason O

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 Bronco II; 2015 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That's pretty lame reasoning. Most, and I do say most, people who would leave their doors off while it was unattended wouldn't leave anything out within easy theft reach. Just because people are worried about theft doesn't mean they can't have a vehicle with open air option. In case you haven't noticed times are really tough now. People are more desperate for an easy payday.
I fully understand the times. If individuals are in such a financial hardship that they need to break into my/your Bronco, even glass isn’t going to stop them.

My point is that vast majority of thieves are looking for an easy win. Knifing or taking the time to undo your soft top still takes time, so they aren’t likely to hit your vehicle.

Don’t let the soft top deter you from getting a Bronco out of fear of getting broken into. Best deterrent is to lock your doors or don’t leave stuff out.

CinciGP

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
`72 Jeep CJ6, `04 Jeep Rubicon, '18 Jeep JLU sport, `09 Mercedes CLK550
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The 4 door jk until the last few years of production has windows that you could roll up in an aftermarket bag and strap on top of the top stack when it was down.

The JL got rid of the zipppers and went to a type of slide on method. Harder to do and very hard to line up when dark. The windows have to lay flat and no longer roll up. The clips are an improvement in my mind. In addition, the lift up feature is winner to me. Especially if it still functions with top down.

When the weather is nice, i just left the windows out and had a tonneau cover over the cargo area.

Taking the top off on the tj, jk or jl always required removing bolts. Some aftermarket frameless designs address that issue.

Once the top is removed, you still have the option for a bimini top for temporary weather protection, but they can take longer to install.

Both the wrangler and bronco top design are not perfect, compromises in the design had to be made. The only two 4 door vehicles with a removable top!

There is a company that designed a power top for wranglers. Take a look, stack height is huge and it does not look very good up or down. But I am willing to bet, someone will design something similar for the bronco.

Dreadnought

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A8L, cube, Corvair
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Versatile, relatively simple, will hold me until the painted modular top arrives, and maybe most important to me, it isn't gray.

Sponsored

mkennedy009

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Triumph Bonneville T100 110th Anniversary
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

apparently you have never stolen something. My experience has been when the opportunity presents itself the thief wI’ll strike quick and easy not worrying who is watching . I live in a city and see this all the time. Way worse since the pandamic.

living with a soft top is a different way of living. Don’t be sad when it gets cut. Just hope they cut the easy to replace part and not the whole top.

My point was more that they can steal stuff without looking like they are stealing. They look like it's their truck and they are just taking the top down. Glass windows smash just as easily with a rock. Having to damage the car to get in makes it less of a easy target. You also have to have a knife with you...

Beachcrawler

Outer Banks
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The ultimate solution is the painted mod top with the Sunrider top up front. When you open the Sunrider, you effectively have position #1.
The Sunrider looks like a nice top, but also looks like it compares more to a typical sunroof rather than a convertible top.

Ramble_Offroad

Badlands
First Name
Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The 4 door jk until the last few years of production has windows that you could roll up in an aftermarket bag and strap on top of the top stack when it was down.

The JL got rid of the zipppers and went to a type of slide on method. Harder to do and very hard to line up when dark. The windows have to lay flat and no longer roll up. The clips are an improvement in my mind. In addition, the lift up feature is winner to me. Especially if it still functions with top down.

When the weather is nice, i just left the windows out and had a tonneau cover over the cargo area.

Taking the top off on the tj, jk or jl always required removing bolts. Some aftermarket frameless designs address that issue.

Once the top is removed, you still have the option for a bimini top for temporary weather protection, but they can take longer to install.

Both the wrangler and bronco top design are not perfect, compromises in the design had to be made. The only two 4 door vehicles with a removable top!

There is a company that designed a power top for wranglers. Take a look, stack height is huge and it does not look very good up or down. But I am willing to bet, someone will design something similar for the bronco.
Any insight available yet on how the Bimini will attach to the windshield top edge? Does it have a subframe / structure or it just fabric with a few hard points? I’m just curious if we know anything yet. I owned a soft top 2D Jeep back in the day but never had a Bimini. Thanks!

kermitfrog

First Name
gareth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
drive
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
They had another opportunity here to destroy Jeep but again failed. Why not a power down glass rear panel and glass sides that can fold into the bed like flaps on a cardboard box. This top looks like the just said “Well it just has to be marginally better than Jeep.” Looks like a cheap tent.
Glass windows not a good idea for a soft top as it would need reinforcing around the Windows(motor for the rear window) due to wieght More cost added to the soft top and even if you could fold the glass sides into the bed why would you want glass in the bed area.

Sponsored

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What a load of plebs on this forum... Who doesn't have their personal mechanic ride with them everywhere?
What are you talking about, rook, only wannabe's have their mechanic ride WITH them? If your personal mechanic isn't following in a dedicated chase truck you're just a poser. ?

MAFD

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 BMW 328i
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Does anyone know which tires are these? Are they MT or AT?......that rig looks awesome. I might not need the Sasquatch

Jarrett

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura RDX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The Sunrider looks like a nice top, but also looks like it compares more to a typical sunroof rather than a convertible top.
Agree the Sunrider only opens up the same area as the front panel of the hard top. The soft top first position opens up nearly all of both the front and second panel areas of the hard top — much more like a convertible experience for those in the front seats, and somewhat of a convertible experience for those in the back seats. A really nice feature of the soft top.

bmclain

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Explorer, 2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Question for you jeep peeps. I know there are bimini tops for just sun protection. Are there any that can protect from rain with windows up at least for the front row? I would rather go bimini but do want some protection if it starts raining. And yes I know my badlands is protected with mgv and washout interior. More a question from the wife...
Sponsored