K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Anything mid package or above has heated seats, so there’s already power run to the seats there, not sure why power adjustable would then all of a sudden make it non wash out capable. Switches for the adjustment can be waterproofed, wiring can be waterproofed and there’s already at least some wiring going to it for the heated seats.

Also curious where the wiring would differentiate between the seats, there will have to be a connector under the seat for the power to the heated seats and the power adjustable ones, typically on most vehicles the connector will be the same across all models just a matter of what pins are used by the seat for heating or power adjustability or just not used at all if no power or heat. So if the connectors still there anyways, shouldn’t change washout capability and maybe could be possible to add power seats later?

My curiosity here is because the heated seats are the main thing I’d want out of the mid package and curious if could add stock heated seats later if they might be plug and play(not sure, some vehicles make things like that easy, some make it rather difficult to do in a stock-like setup).
Wiring for the heated seats can be tucked up higher and is smaller vs wiring for a motor for powered seats has to sit lower would be my guess so maybe they didn’t want to mess with making waterproof powered seat motor since it may be in the slash zone??‍♂ If I had to guess this would be the reason or even maybe they want to get production out as quick as possible so didn’t want to take the time to test a water resistant harness
Sponsored

CobraKaiSG

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi TTS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
i'm a simple guy and don't care if i have anything beside a steering wheel and some pedals but i do find it weird that a car that isn't that cheap doesn't come standard with some things like led lights in the back and power seats. does feel like we're being nickel and dimed more than usual

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Damn. I could get by without power seats but my wife, who asks for *very* little, suffers from chronic back pain and having power seats allows her to more easily adjust the seats as needed to adapt. Badlands 4-door is my plan but having to get leather seats and swapping the flooring for carpet sucks. I don't think just because it advertises "wash out interior" anyone's planning on taking it through the car wash with roof and doors off - seems a pretty drastic restriction. Oh well, guess leather and carpet it is - wonder how hard it would be to retroactively obtain and swap in the standard flooring at some point.

Red Mountain Pass

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Ford Bronco, 1968 Buick Riviera GS
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Based solely on what I've found from Ford's B&P:

There are only 2 options for power seats.
---> Outer Banks Leather trimmed Navy Pier <---
---> First Edition Leather trimmed Navy Pier <---

First Edition & Outer Banks
Ford Bronco Power seats not an option? Outer Banks Navy Pier.PNG

It is possible (perhaps a B&P oversight/late addition add/change) that the BL and WT Leather trimmed seats have power.

Badlands
Ford Bronco Power seats not an option? Badlands black.PNG

Wild Trak
Ford Bronco Power seats not an option? Wildtrack Brown n Black.PNG

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Based solely on what I've found from Ford's B&P:

There are only 2 options for power seats.
---> Outer Banks Leather trimmed Navy Pier <---
---> First Edition Leather trimmed Navy Pier <---

First Edition & Outer Banks

It is possible (perhaps a B&P oversight/late addition add/change) that the BL and WT Leather trimmed seats have power.

Badlands

Wild Trak
Yeah, I'm also hoping it's just another B&P glitch. Kind of hard to justify charging $2,195 for each option yet not including power on the BL and WT versions.

Sponsored

Husker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
If power seats are not an option across the board then it's going on the Con side of my scale of Pro/Con reasons to order or move on. I've been hoping/waiting for years to have a COOL LOOKING BRONCO DD that won't be seeing much off-roading...It must-have creature comforts available for the majority who never go off-roading.

Bignet

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't think power seats are available on the 2 doors because you need to fold the front seats up to get into the back seats.

bronc'o

Wildtrak
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Rubicon, 2020 Defender FE, 2022 Bronco WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'm guessing it comes with leather, but is an error in build and price. One of the videos or flyers yesterday said something about Badlands coming with carpet if you got leather due to the power seats, so I'm betting it's a mistake on the build and price. Hope there is more mistakes, as I hope I'll be able to get hard top insulation with the 2.7L if I switch to Badlands from Wildtrak.
I don't believe you can get power seats on the badlands, unless you get leather/carpet. Power seats come with wiring (and leather) which would not make the interior of the Bronco washable.

Chief1301

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Mustang GT Premium; 1994 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't think power seats are available on the 2 doors because you need to fold the front seats up to get into the back seats.
That's what I'm hearing from my dealer. Leather Trimmed Seats are Power in Badlands 4 doors, but not on Badlands 2 door. Not worth the $2,195.00 for a few strips of leather and carpet for 2 door Badlands. I'm going with standard MGV seats and rubber wash out floor on my 2 door Badlands.

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, TD5 Defender
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
If the power seats are like other fords, the adjustment isn’t as good as manual seats anyhow- specifically the height adjustment, which really just pivots at the front of the seat, raising the back of the seat but the front is fixed.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Swynn106

Swynn106

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Bronco and soon to be 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well some people in particular may need power due to arthritis and would be more than willing to pay for an option for sealed motors. I wouldn't want to be restricted from my washout interior.

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I dot know if you guys heard (there are many threads on this same topic), but the bp has been updated. Leather option gives you power seats as long as its 4 door
Sponsored