Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Do all these people complaining about the soft top being broken into ever plan on taking their doors off? I guess thieves only attack in crummy weather, or these people never plan on taking the door off due to the chance of someone reaching in and stealing stuff.

I've got a JK Bestop soft top, and this looks way better.

If you're that worried about security, get an Explorer because it sounds like you don't want the no door, no top, open air experience.
Exactly. Kind of missing the point. Should get a 4 runner.
Sponsored

Sjbiss

Black Diamond
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Sorry, seems dumb to me. Either leave back window out or just open the door. What am I missing?
Easier if you need to load say 10 bags of mulch in the back. The window gets in the way as you stack the bags and taking the window out is an option but kind of annoying. I have a Jeep Jk and taking the back window out is kind of a pain, maybe it is easier with the Bronco.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ā€˜05 LJ & ā€˜17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Bolts are attached to the body and all you need is a Ratchet with a socket.You don't have to use what the guy had on the video.I would rather have bolts holding that top on then 2 pins.
Thats fine. 15yrs later, zero issues with the soft top removing itself from the jeep, and its only held by 2 pins when completely folded back. When its up, 2 pins, 2 windshield clamps, 2 pins of the front seats.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Easier if you need to load say 10 bags of mulch in the back. The window gets in the way as you stack the bags and taking the window out is an option but kind of annoying. I have a Jeep Jk and taking the back window out is kind of a pain, maybe it is easier with the Bronco.
On my LJ, I just unzip both sides of the rear window (leaving the top zipped) and flip my window up onto the rollcage. I do this every time Im loading/unloading my dog into the back.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Had a TJ once with half doors and zip up windows. Thieves just used their fingers to slide open the zipper and steal my cds cause I was dumb enough to leave them on the seat while in church.
Never leave valuables I inside with a soft top
Oh and I forgot, they not only did they take those items but they took my factory half doors as well. I strongly believe that these were jeep people and knew exactly what to grab and all parts they could offload quickly or slap onto another jeep without anyone ever recognizing.

Sponsored

Zeke013

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Iā€™m all in for MIC top, but this looks pretty functional and painless.
On a side note, this Badlands looks amazing without the Squatch!!!
Really makes me think Squatch is not worth it or necessary on badlands.
Are the tires on this one the 33" optional tires? Doesn't look like the K02 tread . . .

But maybe there are variations on that tire.

Edit - these are for sure the Goodyear tires. Tread matches the Sasquatch. I am curious if folks can tell that these are 33s - as they do look good.

Last edited:

goog67

Base
First Name
todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 f250 4x4 hiboy 2009 Nissan Maxima
Your Bronco Model
Base
love the stance and ride height of the Badlands with the 33"S!!!

bandicam 2020-11-21 17-47-05-414.jpg

Stroopaloop

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GMC canyon all terrain
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Uhm, shouldn't those side panels only be removable from INSIDE the car? Anyone can come along, pop them out, steal all your shit, and your car too while they are at it, and not have to break anything.

Edit : I was hoping to live with the soft top for a year until the white modular comes out, but the fact anyone can walk up and just open the top is a joke.
You're right bronco sucks. Everyone should cancel their reservation. I'll let you all know how i deter all the thieves.

Sponsored

rlwoody

Wildtrak
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Suburban, Dodge Durango
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Cool. Now who do I pay to get this top back on?

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hereā€™s the most important thing to note - Having a soft top as a holdover for a mod top sounds like a very bad idea

We need to remove the side windows to tip up the rear area? How do we pack a full cargo hold with family stuff? Major PITA

I have zero interest in a soft top. But when doing the math on a MIC top to get a mod top late availability vs a soft top...this further blocks out of mod top, AMB, OBX and many colors/trims. No way Iā€™m loading a family of four cargo space with this soft top knowing what is required. And thereā€™s no way I spending 700 for a MIC to sell for a couple hundred to turn around and spend 4-5k on a MOD top with sound deadening.

I normally lease cars. Iā€™m not leasing this. But would I lease a family suv for three years knowing 1/3 of my lease means I canā€™t easily pack the cargo area? HELL NO.

Zeke013

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hereā€™s the most important thing to note - Having a soft top as a holdover for a mod top sounds like a very bad idea

We need to remove the side windows to tip up the rear area? How do we pack a full cargo hold with family stuff? Major PITA

I have zero interest in a soft top. But when doing the math on a MIC top to get a mod top late availability vs a soft top...this further blocks out of mod top, AMB, OBX and many colors/trims. No way Iā€™m loading a family of four cargo space with this soft top knowing what is required. And thereā€™s no way I spending 700 for a MIC to sell for a couple hundred to turn around and spend 4-5k on a MOD top with sound deadening.

I normally lease cars. Iā€™m not leasing this. But would I lease a family suv for three years knowing 1/3 of my lease means I canā€™t easily pack the cargo area? HELL NO.
This is my biggest issue: hard vs. soft.

I am planning to have this rig a while - but the MIC is not a long-term solution.

Considering ordering a soft on the BL, and ordering a Mod at some point - but I am not a fan of being limited to the soft for 1-2 years while Coronavirus wreaks havoc on supply chains.

This is the one thing that makes me wonder about the utility of leasing, and in 4-5 years purchasing what I want, until Ford has worked some bugs out/I can buy exactly what I want. Never leased a car before. But may do so here.

ProSim

First Name
Pro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I think the top looks great overall with a few complaints:
1) Rear lift and fold upwards to load feature is awesome just wish it "tipped" up instead of fold to keep the side windows flat.
2) The rear fold up prop bar should come down from the corner and not middle so it didn't obstruct access on left side. I'm nitpicking I know.
3) This is probably my biggest complaint... Why does everyone from Bronco Nation product videos have to wear an unbuttoned long sleeve flannel over a t-shirt? Was there a memo? There had to be a memo right?
Sponsored