Sponsored

Why go Sasquatch when Badlands 4.70 is Same ?

OP
OP

Emcfetr1

Wildtrak
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
You can spec any of these Broncos to resemble each other. The question is how much effort and $ are you willing to spend to do it. Why buy a Wildtrack just to spend all that $ and time making it look like the Badlands I could have just bought from the beginning?

And you’re forgetting... the one thing you can’t (easily) change is the interior and the Wildtrack interior looks like ass, in my humble opinion.
I can’t really see any difference in computer rendered interiors and all the differences . Who knows If that’s what they’ll actually be once delivered I have no idea lol
Sponsored

OP
OP

Emcfetr1

Wildtrak
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I was at super cel east and the Ford guy at the overland concept toldme the badlands suspension adds about 1” of lift. i May have misunderstood this part but I thought he said the lift was a simple spacer on top of the strut. I do think The shocks and bump stops are different as well.

this guy may have no clue what he was talking about.
You would think the badlands being the most “off-road” model would have some lift over stock . Then wildtrak supposely being the most “desert racing” Baja type has more lift for suspension travel at high speed ? Who knows at this point . I’m basically betting on buying one for I tisk delivery then once all the options are available and the air clears getting a specific. Bronco 100% how I want the next year and hoping it doesn’t devalue too much on trade in

Ramble_Offroad

Badlands
First Name
Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I agree no one needs beadlocks, and I would extend it to the entire Bronco.

But... I want it and it seams like a ton of fun! As far as beadlocks, yeah I will use them, I air my truck down to 18 for standard wheeling and 12 is as low as I dare for snow wheeling.

For me the decision would be to go non SAS and go strait to 37", but I will go SAS until others prove out how the stock driveline does on 37" and how Ford treats the warranty support.

In general the Bronco will be so much more capable than my Tacoma off road, nobody needs more... ;)
I have roughly the same plan. I’m ordering the Sasquatch package as a bridge gap plan until several aftermarket suspension solutions are available, and, more importantly, we know more about how these rigs behave when modified. I’m also hoping the Bronco proves to be more capable that my Tacoma. Tall order if you ask me.

As far as the wheels, I’ll probably swap them out for something different. I’ve never had bead locks and I’ve never popped a bead. I will say this, my wheels are fuuuuuuucked up and they still roll just fine. ?

The stoke is high.

IXFE

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I was at super cel east and the Ford guy at the overland concept toldme the badlands suspension adds about 1” of lift. i May have misunderstood this part but I thought he said the lift was a simple spacer on top of the strut. I do think The shocks and bump stops are different as well.

this guy may have no clue what he was talking about.
I actually hope you’re right about the 1”. If we can somehow confirm that I’d definitely get the Badlands with Sasquatch

Last edited:

Bullitt

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2001 Bullitt Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The Badlands has the "Badlands Suspension".

When you add the Sasquatch Package you get the "High-Clearance Suspension". So there is a lift...just how much, we don't know at this time. Here is what I pulled from Ford's website:

Ford Bronco Why go Sasquatch when Badlands 4.70 is Same ? Screen Shot 2020-11-21 at 6.16.13 PM

Sponsored

Bullitt

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2001 Bullitt Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If I were a betting man, I'd say the reason why Ford hasn't explicitly stated the numbers is because they are still finalizing them based on the latest data from testing. The only published data on height is on the base model... Interesting that there is no height data for the other models and Sasquatch. (unless I'm missing something)

Screen Shot 2020-11-21 at 6.23.45 PM.png

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford said Sas is 1.5" taller than base and 10mm taller (.4") taller than Badlands. Per Ford, it is the same suspension, but "it lifts the base vehicle about an inch and a half, and it lifts the Badlands about 10 mils". Ten millimeters is less than .4 inches.

ETA: I keep seeing posts about it being "different". The Ford reps said they are the same, different part numbers, but the same; except for the (very) minor difference in ride height.

Start at the 24 minute mark and watch for about a minute:
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/sema-special-live-stream-bronco-q-a.9118/

Maybe this should be a sticky????

Last edited:
OP
OP

Emcfetr1

Wildtrak
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ford said Sas is 1.5" taller than base and 10mm taller (.4") taller than Badlands. Per Ford, it is the same suspension, but "it lifts the base vehicle about an inch and a half, and it lifts the Badlands about 10 mils". Ten millimeters is less than .4 inches.
Honestly starting to rethink my build . If it’s not a glitch and the badlands can chose the 4.70 no cost upgrade , and the big fact that the badlands tires are less then an inch smaller then Sasquatch 32.7 versus 34.4 I’m thinking may save the $2500 upgrade , go with more attractive badlands wheel (in my opinion) and maybe sell 33’s and buy true 35’s instead of 34.4 orrrrrr ??‍♂ But again all comes down to it Sasquatch has they diff suspension setup then badlands . Sheesh my head goes round and round. Safest bet may just be 4 door base with Sasquatch and hardtop and then wait till hype calms down and all options become available

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I’m not trying to beat this dead horse. I just found some new info from another thread that’s useful and answers many peoples questions about this.

If you go to the SEMA Live Stream thread here https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/sema-special-live-stream-bronco-q-a.9118/page-11#post-330934
The video talks about the difference in the BL and Squatch suspension.

If you watch at mark 23:50, he says “with the BL suspension youre getting about a 10mm lift and with Squatch you’re getting about 1.5” of lift.”

Looks like the Squatch is getting about a 1.2” lift over the Badlands suspension which makes sense after seeing a regular Squatch Bronco and the Overlander build.
You misunderstood- Squatch is a 1.5” lift over base-OB, but only 10mm higher than BL.

BroncBro

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I went back and listened to him several times, what I heard was that the Badlands Suspension was very close to the Sasquatch package suspension. He said the Sasquatch package on a base Bronco raised it 1.5 inches and on a Badlands it raised it 10 mm, this would be accomplished by the tires alone, 35-33 = 2 inches, divided by 2 equals 1 inch or 25.4 mm so what he said was incorrect as tires alone raise Badlands 25.4 mm.
You could be right IF they were talking about total height, which they weren’t. He was comparing the two suspension systems.

Bottom line is, we will know for sure after they are built. I’m just trying to give information. I have no care about how much lift one has over the other.
It’s more of a puzzle to figure out than who’s right or wrong. The 35s on that Overlander build with BL suspension could barely fit those 35s. Other Squatched Broncos we’ve seen can easily fit 35s. There’s a big difference in fender gap between the two. I think we’re just curious to find out exactly why.

Sponsored

CanadianFord

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I built every model just about every way possible. Now I'm down to Base SAS as it seems like the best option for me and value too. I have a loaded Ranger Lariat and was going to trade it in. If I can't get everything I want without spending north of $50K I might as well keep it and go Base SAS and have the best of both. Plus I don't like the interior colors of most. I know some say it's not a big deal but yes it is! Spending this kind of money and not at least getting the option for just plane black is just dumb.
I've pretty much decided to get an XL Ranger with FX4. I get trail control, more room, more towing, more payload, off road capible enough, plus a heck of a lot cheaper.

rainman23

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You could be right IF they were talking about total height, which they weren’t. He was comparing the two suspension systems.

Bottom line is, we will know for sure after they are built. I’m just trying to give information. I have no care about how much lift one has over the other.
It’s more of a puzzle to figure out than who’s right or wrong. The 35s on that Overlander build with BL suspension could barely fit those 35s. Other Squatched Broncos we’ve seen can easily fit 35s. There’s a big difference in fender gap between the two. I think we’re just curious to find out exactly why.
The 0.4” of suspension lift on a Squatched Badlands would make sense. That’s the difference between the 33s and M/Ts.

BroncBro

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I understood him to say this is how much total height was raised, 1.5 inch on base and 10 mm on badlands.
Yup. Some people heard it the way I described it and some heard it the way you described it.
It’s been said several times earlier in this thread that we might not be understanding what he means and he might have not fully understood the question.
And there’s the possibility that he didn’t even know the real answer.
Without measuring or Bilstein telling us what they built, we are all speculating.
Like I said, it’s just a puzzle. It’s not a competition or for self validation of which suspension you’re going to get.

Last edited:

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I smell a rat, tires alone raise the Badlands 1 inch, 1/2 of 2 inch taller tires, this alone equals 25.4 mm so this doesn't add up.
They aren't talking about total vehicle height, they are talking about suspension height, which is what is important if trying to figure out what tire to use. If you wanted to put 29" tires on a Sasquatch Bronco, it would ride considerably lower (overall) than a Badlands, but the suspension height would be higher than the Badlands. You would still be able to put a 35" tire on it and raise the total vehicle height. If you can fit 40" tires in the wheel openings you'd raise the total vehicle height, but you wouldn't change the suspension height.

The Sas suspension raises the vehicle, above the axles, 1.5"/.4". Total ride height, just like ground clearance, will change with the tires.

Make sense?

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The 0.4” of suspension lift on a Squatched Badlands would make sense. That’s the difference between the 33s and M/Ts.
No, no, no. Tires don't impact suspension height, they are "under" the suspension. They raise the total vehicle by half the difference in overall diameter, but they don't raise the suspension.
Sponsored