Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
I had forgotten where we saw that originally, thanks for the link.

My transcription of Cristy's question and Jeff's answer:

Will the suspension be the same for the Sasquatch-Badlands and the standard Badlands? If not, what's the difference gonna be, height, bump-stops, are you gonna change things up a little bit?

"They are actually very close. Ah, they're not exactly the same part numbers all the way across, but they are, the um, they're the same suspension. When you get a Sasquatch package, what you are getting is a package that gets you that 35-inch, ah, pack. It lifts the, um, Base vehicle about an inch-and-a-half, and it lifts the, ah, the Badlands about 10 mils, so."

My speculation: I'm not sure how much stock to put into this, as some of the other answers were a bit, intentionally, vague. And, it is not easy for these guys to answer questions cold. He does seem to be suggesting that there is some slight difference in suspension, which jives with the SuperCel East Q&A.

Conversely, from a parts supply perspective, it would make the most sense for the Badlands and Sasquatch parts to be exactly the same except for the wheel/tire/bump-stop. Why go to the trouble of longer shocks and/or stiffer springs, but then also still need a bump stop?

I admit to having very little knowledge, just a desire to know the EXACT difference(s).
For what itā€™s worth- Esteban Jennings -the guy in the SEMA video is who reviewed the chassis difference with me at SuperCel East. He and I went over this while standing over the chassis. He made a point to correct me ā€œthat itā€™s not a lift but different partsā€. This was in reference to the BL vs Sasquatch
Sponsored

Last edited:

flatlander40

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For what itā€™s worth- Jennings-the guy in the SEMA video is who reviewed the chassis difference with me at SuperCel East. He and I went over this while standing over the chassis. He made a point to correct me ā€œthat itā€™s not a lift but different partsā€. This was in reference to the BL vs Sasquatch
Hence why he says you are getting a ā€œpackageā€

also Iā€™m interpreting whatā€™s being said differently than many others. Iā€™m hearing that the Badlands ride height is basically the same as the other models (only 10mm difference) and the Sasquatch suspension raises the ride height of any model itā€™s on about 1.5 inches.

Whatā€™s your take?

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thanks for the transcript. Right, I'm taking Jeff at what appears to be his plain meaning that the "10 mil" lift is Sasquatch over Badlands and the 1.5" is the Sas lift over Base trim. I'm not sure how one interprets Jeff was saying Sas is 1.5" lift over Badlands.

That's where this is so odd with the SuperCel East answers, as you mentioned. If I were to go to the "horse's mouth" I would think that Jeff from the SEMA vid would carry more weight unless the SuperCel East guy was Esteban then... Lol, oh boy, they have some (more) clarification to make.

Like what was said already, these questions were answered "cold" so who knows if they're totally accurate... But at the same time, we wanted this Q&A session, and we wanted to hear from "Ford" (who - I'm assuming - are the ones to have this info nailed) so I'm not sure if we're going to get much better than this outside of finished technical specs documentation... And who knows when that's going to happen.

All I know is that we've got a conflict between two (apparently) authoritative voices. Until the Build and Price update (or updated tech specs), I can understand a lot of the caution people have here with what anyone says at this point.
It was Esteban at SuperCel East. It was a one on one extended conversation.

DGTUX20

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 TDI Sportwagen
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
After watching the Q&A I am convinced that the Sasquatch package is useless on the Badlands. Save the money and get the wheels/tires I want and get a 2ā€ lift aftermarket(or FORD if offered).

Ramble_Offroad

Badlands
First Name
Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35ā€™s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looked like he had just taken it out of the box too! ?
To be fair they look that way for about a year. These jackets have a loooong break in period. That said, Iā€™d wager youā€™re correct. ?

Sponsored

jasminekd

Big Bend
First Name
Jasmine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Camry
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Get yourself some Amp Research or Rockslide Engineering Deployable steps that way you can have the biggest baddest Bronco and not look like youā€™re going mountain climbing every time you get in Especially when wearing heels ?.
Not a bad idea, or I can get a step stool ? loool hopefully it wonā€™t be that much of a climb ?

DGTUX20

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 TDI Sportwagen
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Can you please elaborate? I have never had a lift put on a vehicle. Seems that the squatch pkg isnā€™t worth it on the BL for a 10mm increase.

Brock27

Badlands
First Name
Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Bingo, this was a clear design screw-up that none of the managers want to take responsibility for so their excuse, "it's a trade-off if you want a winch" :mad::mad::mad:
Really tough decision but it looks like this is the issue that finally disqualifies me... I wanted a fully loaded BL but there are just too many oversights and compromises to justify being a 1st year guinea pig at this price tag. I'd drop down to a base 2dr if more options were a-la-carte, but it looks like they're really trying to push people upwards to the BL.

Gonna lease a Rubicon while I wait for a Warthog. Hopefully after a 2-3 year lease all the kinks will be worked out along with late availability items finally being in stock lol. Gonna place my Bronco order anyway just to keep any of you from moving up a spot in line :sneaky: Who knows, maybe I'll fall in love and bail on the Jeep lease, or pay cash and flip it.

Best of luck to you guys! Can't wait to see your Broncos on the road.

mikonrad

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Fiesta SFE, Toyota Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It was Esteban at SuperCel East. It was a one on one extended conversation.
So the plot thickens - I didn't look closely at who was answering on that Q&A and just assumed it would be someone else to give credibility to the possibility that someone was just mis-informed. Nevermind, by some way of interpretation, they're both right. :) I mean, these are the guys I would want answers from so it's at least good to know this info came from the source. Different springs and longer shocks (Esteban Plaza-Jennings) providing 10 mils of lift (Jeff Seaman). Sounds odd but it is 2020 so weird things happen.

But seriously, I'm assuming there's missing-pieces of information we don't have at this point. I'll watch for explanation in the future but would the order guides eventually coming to dealers have this info?

Last edited:

linbackr99

Wildtrak
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor Crew
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Is it just me or should of Ford made the fenders squared off in the first place?
NO WAY (IMO) . . . I personally hate the look of the squared off fenders on anything.

Sponsored

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Bingo, this was a clear design screw-up that none of the managers want to take responsibility for so their excuse, "it's a trade-off if you want a winch" :mad::mad::mad:
Might be an MY22-23 change. Probably will be retrofittable too. Not an engineer and I did not stay at Holiday Inn Express either.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

. I'll watch for explanation in the future but would the order guides eventually coming to dealers have this info?
The repair parts book will have it.

BroncBro

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

For what itā€™s worth- Esteban Jennings -the guy in the SEMA video is who reviewed the chassis difference with me at SuperCel East. He and I went over this while standing over the chassis. He made a point to correct me ā€œthat itā€™s not a lift but different partsā€. This was in reference to the BL vs Sasquatch
Maybe, but to achieve a proper lift without using spacers, you have to use different parts. (Replace the coilovers)
I think the true answer is that he doesnā€™t have enough knowledge in the matter to give a proper answer.

BroncBro

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Hence why he says you are getting a ā€œpackageā€

also Iā€™m interpreting whatā€™s being said differently than many others. Iā€™m hearing that the Badlands ride height is basically the same as the other models (only 10mm difference) and the Sasquatch suspension raises the ride height of any model itā€™s on about 1.5 inches.

Whatā€™s your take?
It seems to be half and half on this.
I heard that the BL is 10mm higher than base suspension and Squatch is 1.5 higher than base.
Sponsored