Sponsored

Why go Sasquatch when Badlands 4.70 is Same ?

BroncBro

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The 0.4” of suspension lift on a Squatched Badlands would make sense. That’s the difference between the 33s and M/Ts.

Im not even going to get into whatever you’re talking about there.
Are you being distracted by Judge Wapner right now? :ROFLMAO:

j/k
Sponsored

Last edited:

rainman23

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m too tired to explain, but it made sense in my head. ??‍♂

Bullitt

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2001 Bullitt Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Why can't we simply get vehicle heights on each of the models with and without Sasquatch? That should be readily available by now.

BroncBro

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Why can't we simply get vehicle heights on each of the models with and without Sasquatch? That should be readily available by now.
You are totally right. I think they’re still making Frankenstein’s Broncos aren’t they? I know some are off the assembly line now but who knows if all of the right parts are on the correct model. ?‍♂

rainman23

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

j/k
I understand that. I meant that if the Sasquatch lifts the Badlands 0.4” it would even out the difference between no Sasquatch 33s and Sasquatch “35s”. That probably doesn’t make any more sense, but I’m tired...

Sponsored

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They've already published the total vehicle heights.

Depends on the suspension and it depends on tires. If there three or four tire sizes available and two or three suspensions available you have a half dozen or more possible heights. There are 30", 32", 33" and 35" tires, there is one or two or possibly three suspension configurations. Those would all cause variation in overall vehicle height. They did publish the heights though, the range of heights. If the Sas suspension provides 1.5" suspension height difference, and the tire range is 30" - 35" then you know there's going to be a 4" overall variance in total vehicle height (1.5" + 5/2), but it could be just about anything in between depending on what model and options are chosen.

Ford's preliminary tech specs (2D models):
Base - 71.9"
Wildtrack - 75.2"

Last edited:

AzScorpion

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew Lariat 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've pretty much decided to get an XL Ranger with FX4. I get trail control, more room, more towing, more payload, off road capible enough, plus a heck of a lot cheaper.
It's a great truck and you will love it. Come join us on the Ranger5G message board. There's a lot go good info there and fellow Canadians too. Just be prepared to spend a lot of money on mods as there's a ton of posts from all the cool stuff that everyone's done to theirs. ?

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The conversation is specific to suspension, not overall vehicle height. The question is what is the difference in suspension, and the answer is specific to the difference in height relative to suspension. They arent talking about vehicle height or tires, except to say SAS is a package that includes 35" tires.

The difference between base tire and SAS tires is 5", or 2.5" in overall height of the vehicle. It's not 1.5". That further lends to the fact the question was about the difference in suspension, and the answer being specific to suspension, not overall vehicle height. No one asked how much taller, overall, the SAS vehicle is over base.

Sponsored

BroncBro

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Go back and listen to the live stream he clearly said the Sasquatch package raises the vehicle height 1.5 inches on base and 10mm on the Badlands but yes I understand the difference.
After getting in to this subject a couple of times, my opinion is that the people who want the BL WITHOUT Squatch heard it to say there’s only a 10mm (0.39”) difference between BL and Squatch. The people that DO want to Squatch their BL heard it to say that BL is 10mm lift over base and Squatch is 1.5” over base. (1.1” over BL suspension)

I don’t think these arguments are going to go anywhere because it’s team BL suspension vs team High Clearance suspension. :poop:

Last edited:

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
plus 95% of the people buying a bronco will never air their tires down to 10psi while offroad...the whole reason for beadlocks in the first place
Yep...I air down to 15-17psi on my jeep, truck, wife’s GC all with aftermarket wheels (no beadlocks) and zero problems. Heck on the truck (w/ 35” Mt) and GC (w/ 32” AT) theyre 20” wheels and still no issues wheeling on rocks.

h2osentinel

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Expedition, Subaru Forester, Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
On the spec sheet it says the water fording is the same for 33 and 35 inch tires for both 2dr and 4dr. Makes me think they are pretty close in lift.

Water Fording (max.)33.5"(with 33 & 35" tire)33.5"(with 33 & 35" tire)

DaveH

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Ford Focus, 98 Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

After getting in to this subject a couple of times, my opinion is that the people who want the BL WITHOUT Squatch heard it to say there’s only a 10mm (0.39”) difference between BL and Squatch. The people that DO want to Squatch their BL heard it to say that BL is 10mm lift over base and Squatch is 1.5” over base. (1.1” over BL suspension)

I don’t think these arguments are going to go anywhere because it’s team BL suspension vs team High Clearance suspension. :poop:
How is lift actually measured? (More importantly: How is Ford measuring it?) I've tried to google this and there doesn't seem to be a consistent answer. However, for a couple of methods I looked at, increasing tire size also increases lift. Could the difference in lift be almost entirely from tire size? Increasing the tire size from 33 to 35 would add approximately 1" of lift. Given that tires can run slightly smaller or larger than tire size, going from BFG AT 33 to Goodyear MT 35 could add 1.1" of lift.

If so, it could mean that everyone is getting what they want. The BL non-squatch group get the same components, but the BL squatch group gets the extra 1.1" of lift.
Sponsored