Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Everglades / 2021 Kia Telluride
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

I am 100 percent on board with hooking up a horse sound horn for one of these but how creative can you get... I am getting the badlands with the high pack. Only thing I would want from the lux is the wireless charging pad and for me that isn’t worth the upgrade. Would it be possible to take a wireless pad, mount it somewhere and wire it to one of the aux switches? Thanks in advance for any feedback.
You can do about anything if you put in the work to do it. I imagine the question then is 'why'? What is the desired outcome you hope to achieve by running something like that to a manual aux switch rather than having it auto switch in a USB or other power port? Once we know that, it will help give an educated answer.

My initial response without that would be "You can, but shouldn't. Too much work with no benefit."
Sponsored

OP
OP
HorizonHunter

HorizonHunter

Badlands
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes you can, just power a 250 amp relay with it to supply winch power, piece of cake.
I think they meant operate, not just run power. But not sure

Reactions: P.C

Sponsored

JesseS

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jayco AY26, Honda F6B, CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have same question. Where do the pre-wired wires terminate?
I was informed that they terminate it the engine bay in a relay box, I think it was 2X 5 amp, 2X 10 amp amp and 2X 15 amp, but not positive. These can be wired directly to the rated devices, or further power (use the 5 amp) a larger relay for winch or air compressor, or a power interrupt relay for the engine kill.

Ironiguana

Black Diamond
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Pancho Kornwallace

Base
First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
What, we can't "play chords" with the switches?

We are only limited to 6? Why constrain us that way?

What about an switch 1/3/5 combo for the pedestrian friendly horn sound or a 1/6 switch combo for the left, but not the right fog light?

I was hoping to have different combos of switches to do different things. Should I complain about this like you complain about a gray top?

Sponsored

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
1. Fog lights
2. Ditch lights
3. Overhead light bar
4. Rear lights ( I like them on a switch vs the reverse wires)
5. Winch
6. Rock lights
4) use a diode setup so you can dual feed the lights- Aux switch when you want and reverse automatically. If you need help/drawing I can share

5) Winch draws WAY too much. You can use the aid switch to turn on and off a solenoid that provides power, but there really is no benefit. Winch will draw 300-400 amps.

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Here is how I power my winch:

Ford Bronco Configuration: Aux Switches and Accessory Rail 2214121-nes_spyhunter
That is not powering the winch (I hope) that is controlling the winch solenoid. Winches draw way to much current to run through a normal switch. You are likely energizing the solenoid and the other other switch is flipping the polarity to go in or out
Sponsored