Sponsored

No Mid package with manual transmission except on Badlands...

Milamdj

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Versa
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The materials and colors pdf that was released denoted that the Badlands was the only model where you could get the mid package with a manual transmission. Has anyone heard any follow up for this? I know the manual with SAS was late availability and not offered on B&P and I know there may be issues on the B&P with adding the mid package to the manual transmission because of the Remote Start function, but I just can't believe the only way to get the mid package and manual is to step up to the Badlands. I was really settled on the Black Diamond with mid package, SAS, and MT. Anyone have news?
Sponsored

wolfpackinva

Black Diamond
First Name
Santiago
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Focus, '08 E350, '13 Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
That's what is listed on the B&P Reference Guide and in the B&P tool.

Quite honestly, stepping up to BL and not adding the sasquatch is very similar in price to a BD with sasquatch. I have the high package selected, and the difference is less than $3k.

Kludge

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Base
I haven't heard a definitive answer about whether Ford will be removing the remote starter from the mid package so it's available for manuals. I'm curious if it's a "late availability" deal or if they have no plans

Reactions: ELS

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I think the remote start is just an excuse. Mustang doesn't have this problem. Ford is putting the squeeze on Bronco manual transmission lovers. If you like the features of Big Bend (i.e. cloth seats), you shouldn't be forced into Badlands to get lighted mirrors or touch access door handles. Ridiculous.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
From Ford. I had a Ford customer service person tell me that remote start was the reason I couldn’t get Mid with a manual transmission. Then, state Badlands was an option. No, it doesn’t make sense, but that’s what they say.
Sponsored