JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura RDX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

While I like this 4-door soft top and the 1st position which opens up the airspace over the first row and most of the second row, I think the 4-door MIC hardtop is pretty cool as well given that it’s easy to flip the levers and open up the first and second rows. Going to go MIC hardtop with my initial order and see how much I like this approach, and then think about buying a soft top later if I need more flexibility.

C66C537C-6CB5-47A1-A71C-71FECF23C8DC.jpeg

13537CE3-F9BB-4C03-AC95-E49039B298F0.jpeg
Sponsored

Broncoak

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 FSB
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Oh and I forgot, they not only did they take those items but they took my factory half doors as well. I strongly believe that these were jeep people and knew exactly what to grab and all parts they could offload quickly or slap onto another jeep without anyone ever recognizing.
Unbelievable

Lakeman77

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think it is great. I’ll wait until I can see myself before calling the whole bolt and wheel well a design oversight. If you ever wrench on a truck even in minor situations there are all kinds of PIA places for bolts to fall and difficult access points. I don’t think the hidden bolts are intended to be a daily activity. Just when you want to swap tops or commit fully to no top. Looks better but kind of defeats the soft top convenience of having the top with you.

I’m getting the soft top because I think it’s cool and enjoyed my Jeep with it. It was a YJ with all the zippers and jazz. I pretty much ride with my windows down and sun roof open Even in cool weather. I like the feel and air movement. Noise will not be an issue to me.

I don’t think I’d take the hard top off as much and that is yet to be seen but probably a two person job. I’d be buying a truck if not for the open air experience, and I’m just ready to order, and no more waffle, waffle, waffle for anyone that listens to PulpMX.
I agree. @turtuga853 Are you guys coming over to ride Scull Shoals again in February? You missed it last year when they were testing the wrapped new broncos at the Jeep park while we were there. Couldn't get too close, but It was cool. I've got more of the singletrack mapped out and it can't possible by any muddier than 2018...

splathead

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Acord
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Uhm, shouldn't those side panels only be removable from INSIDE the car? Anyone can come along, pop them out, steal all your shit, and your car too while they are at it, and not have to break anything.

Edit : I was hoping to live with the soft top for a year until the white modular comes out, but the fact anyone can walk up and just open the top is a joke.
Even with those side panels removed, it would be difficult for someone to squeeze into the vehicles. Support pillar and softtop hardware is in the way.

Sponsored

6GSooner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Uhm, shouldn't those side panels only be removable from INSIDE the car? Anyone can come along, pop them out, steal all your shit, and your car too while they are at it, and not have to break anything.

Edit : I was hoping to live with the soft top for a year until the white modular comes out, but the fact anyone can walk up and just open the top is a joke.
Same as a jeep

Tortuga353

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I agree. @turtuga853 Are you guys coming over to ride Scull Shoals again in February? You missed it last year when they were testing the wrapped new broncos at the Jeep park while we were there. Couldn't get too close, but It was cool. I've got more of the singletrack mapped out and it can't possible by any muddier than 2018...
I can probably get my arm twisted for a weekend and doing Skull Shoals again. It was a great time in 2018 even with the mud. I had a conflict last year with a MTB ride in Cheaha, but I’ll check the dates. I ran the Monster Mountain Harescramble this Saturday. Hopefully night ride will work out as well!

Studawg

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Excursion, 96 Land Cruiser, 18 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
They had another opportunity here to destroy Jeep but again failed. Why not a power down glass rear panel and glass sides that can fold into the bed like flaps on a cardboard box. This top looks like the just said “Well it just has to be marginally better than Jeep.” Looks like a cheap tent.
What on earth are you talking about?

spyderman01

Base
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Base

Umm...you can also remove Wrangler side panels from outside the car. I used to joke that I can open the door to my JL faster by popping the rear softtop window that I can using the manual key!

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I like that the soft top is also somewhat modular, and the idea that it can raise up to help load is cool.

Still curious about the overall quality and ease of use.

And this is easily the best video BN has made. Things are in focus, the necessary things are shown off, both up close and at a distance, not a lot of uneasy panning, just cut straight to what you need, and the guy knew what he was going to say.
Whoever took over their video production - good choice.

Sponsored

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Unbelievable
Yep. When I reinstalled everything, I took every security measure possible for piece of mind. Takes me a bit longer to remove some of these times when I need to work on or service but its worth it at this point. Its been 7yrs since all that happened.

CT203

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ok, a thief with a knife or razorblade will be quicker than you sliding the sides out and if they're not brash enough to do in a populated parking lot then they will wait the 30 seconds it takes a passerby to continue walking away, slicing a soft top isn't enough to get anyone's attention. Christmas is near, how many cars get broken into at store parking lots? and that's with people all of the place and oh yes, they'll smash windows too.
That’s why it was a long standing rule to not lock your doors on a soft top jeep.