Sponsored

Jeep 4xe hybrid in showrooms December ----Ford Where Is Our Hybrid Bronco ? ? ? ?

That_Hal

Badlands
First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 and Volvo S90
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
100% my Dad had a Rabbit diesel and that thing got 43mpg 40 years ago.
Sponsored

GreatDaneMom

Badlands
First Name
Diana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR Badlands; Genuine Buddy Scooter
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Out of curiosity is gas mileage your reason for wanting a hybrid? Or other factors also?
I'm moving forward with my MY21 reservation; however, I'm also patiently waiting for the PHEV Bronco. Reasons: my daily drives are short so I could technically use the EV mode for most of my jaunts, avoiding weekly trips to the gas station; any environmental advantage is a good thing, and will only get better as technology improves; I can charge at home using my Tesla charger; I'll get the $7500 tax credit if it's still available; premium parking (and free charging) at many retail locations for EVs; and (this is huge in Atlanta) I can drive solo in the HOV lane with a special $22 license plate!

Last edited:

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

To me, hyrbid and bronco are oxymorons. I don't get it. I want a V8.

OrlandoBroncos

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My Dad back in the day had a VW that got 65 mpg diesel. That was like 30 years ago. I really don't think 50 mpg is really that impressive. I think we have honestly been fouled into thinking that is good. But I understand the point of view.
100% my Dad had a Rabbit diesel and that thing got 43mpg 40 years ago.
How MPG is calculated has changed multiple times over the years. The biggest change was in 2008 but they also did some changes as recently as 2017.

You can't compare MPG numbers from different eras.

https://www.caranddriver.com/featur...with-realistic-fuel-economy-estimates-column/

Sponsored

ramblinwreck

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
`22 Wildtrak, '21 Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
PHEVs don't have the same size battery as a full electric car (and they don't need to). The average PHEV can do 21 miles in pure electric mode. The best is the Honda Clarity PHEV at 47 miles.

But the point of a PHEV isn't its all-electric mileage, so ragging on that doesn't make any sense. The primary purpose is better gas mpg. All-electric range is just a bonus.

However, for those with a commute under the limit of the all electric range, it's a huge bonus. The average commute in America is 16 miles each way. If your PHEV electric range is 35 miles, you could conceivably do your daily driving on pure electric power (I'd personally save $100/month in gas costs if I was able to do this). But when you want to go further, the gas engine is there.
this. The PHEV technology is awesome for many many types of people. I average 10k miles a year but buy gas about once every 2-3 months. Around town it might as well be a Tesla, but I can drive it to LA if I want without having to hunt for charging stations.

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Nothing is ever easier to retrofit versus a clean sheet design.

JK
My money is on them planning for it and already having it roughed together, but waiting a few years to iron out any kinks before slotting it in. They also know that there will be those of us who will buy a brand new 2021/2022 then turn around and trade it in for a 2025 hybrid or PHEV at a huge loss.
Sponsored