Sponsored

To Order or Not to Order, that is the question??

Zeke013

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How do we know if something is a DIO? For example, the air compressor can be installed in the engine bay, does the purchase price include dealer installation?

I assumed the running boards would be installed (they are listed under "Options"). But what about the rock rails, that are listed under "Accessories"? It's weird to treat some of these things differently.
Sponsored

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The dealers want to lock you into an order asap so you don't find a better deal at a different dealer.
You can change dealerships up until Jan 31st and if they "lock" you in that is an allocation spot that they have accepted against their total allocation...

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have until the end of January. They can't cancel my reservation if I decide not to show up on 12/08 just because that works for them.
When I am ready, I will contact the dealer and set up an appointment though out of respect for them.
It's funny the way people read things into something never said. Of course, the dealer should be setting the time that works for the customer, not what works for the dealer.

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How do we know if something is a DIO? For example, the air compressor can be installed in the engine bay, does the purchase price include dealer installation?

I assumed the running boards would be installed (they are listed under "Options"). But what about the rock rails, that are listed under "Accessories"? It's weird to treat some of these things differently.
It will be orderable on the WBDO when it opens up...DIO is a box of options that are not in the normal option boxes...

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If the options are available it does not matter when you order the Bronco..

Ford will only build it when it can be built...

Ford will then put them in time stamp order as they can be built and start production in April for the retail orders, unless CV shuts down Michigan again then who knows..
Yep. Thats how I understand it as well. But we haven't been given any guarantee that the options I mentioned will be available in the order guide December 7th. So I'm going to hold out until I can order it exactly to my liking

Sponsored

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yep. Thats how I understand it as well. But we haven't been given any guarantee that the options I mentioned will be available in the order guide December 7th. So I'm going to hold out until I can order it exactly to my liking
They will have all of them in the WBDO system when it goes live, (the order guide is just that a guide for dealerships to have an idea of how the options marry up) now that being said they can change things in there but that usually happens later in the model year prior to the incoming model.. . i.e. the 2022 Bronco...

BroncoT

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OK, my build is finished as the B&P now stands, and we have until Jan 31st to convert. My Dealer wants me to come in as soon as the order bank opens to order (of course) but I want to see what will be in the updated B&P before I do, there might just be something I can't live without! Or would it be best to place the order soon as possible then modify it when the new B&P comes out if needed?
Is there any value to the customer to ordering before 1/31? I feel like Ford has been clear that reservation date is what matters as long as you order before the deadline.

Am I correct to assume dealers are simply trying to speed things up to avoid cold feet? The conversion rate after a deposit has to be WAAAYYYYY higher than a reservation.

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Is there any value to the customer to ordering before 1/31? I feel like Ford has been clear that reservation date is what matters as long as you order before the deadline.
I would like to know this also. I don’t think Ford has been clear at all that reservation date is what matters. I feel the opposite as actual order date stamp matters last I read up on it.

rapidredbronco2021

Badlands
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 2 door MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
According to @Granger Ford, accessories can usually be changed up until production is scheduled. Things like trims and 2 vs 4dr are locked in at order.
I’d have an idea of the way you're going with your build, like trim, 2 or 4 door, color, etc. I think the only changes that will come with the updated B&P is the glitches being fixed like the mid package being selectable with manual.

Pancho Kornwallace

Base
First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
Been waiting since 2017 when they announced they were bringing it back. The way things have shaken out with being able to factory order what will be a collector's item (every 2021 will be, not just the First Edition) with everything I need, want and gotta have is a bonus...
I feel there will be an aura of 1964 1/2 Mustang to it as a collectors item. Very similar timing (Late Spring into the Summer).

In that case, some features/trims (notably the fastback) was not ready yet. But still, that 1964 1/2 is coveted by some more than then 1965 or 1966.

Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The not knowing what options that are out there is the real killer. I thought I was pretty much set, then I discovered there's a spare tire cover, soundbar and the Sunrider front top on the accessories list. These are items that I'm potentially interested in and there are possibly more.

KyTruckPlant

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Mustang, 05 F150, 08 Expedition EL, 21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you have a day 1 reservation, I suggest that you take as long as possible to place your order, maybe even wait until MY22

That way I may jump up a few spots

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would like to know this also. I don’t think Ford has been clear at all that reservation date is what matters. I feel the opposite as actual order date stamp matters last I read up on it.
Sorry to butt in however it has been stated that the reservation time stamp that we have on file for the reservation holders in our care is what Ford will use as the official order sequence...

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I suspect they'll let you select the time that works for you, but I'm betting that's what will be required.
Uh, if I pick the time that works for me, they aren't forcing me to order before I'm ready...right? :LOL:

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The not knowing what options that are out there is the real killer. I thought I was pretty much set, then I discovered there's a spare tire cover, soundbar and the Sunrider front top on the accessories list. These are items that I'm potentially interested in and there are possibly more.
I thought the soundbar was only on the SEMA concept. Can you share where you found out its an optioned accessory? I absolutely would be interested in that
Sponsored