Sponsored

Two oddball answers for which I searched and no joy.

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
  • Banned
1). The front interior of the two door has the body color painted metal section. Does anyone know if it is actually part of the door skin or just an insert? The concern is that if there is metal to metal contact with the outer skin, it will transfer the heat or cold from the outside directly into the vehicle with just the paint layer(s) as insulation. Meaning the -25F days I sometimes gets will turn it into a frozen/frosted mess that will drip condensate all over the door, give me freeze burns if I brush against it, and chill my left leg all the time and on the 110F days it will burn the crap out of me if I come in contact with it and cook my left leg with radiant heat. Speculation is not helpful, looking for a picture (or direct knowledge) on if that inside painted section is part of the door that they just did not put trim over or if it is an insert in the trim.

2). Floor inserts (front and back) $160. I was looking at the pre-pro pictures of the washout floors and they appear to be uneven with lots of places to catch a shoe or boot heel in addition to maybe forcing the feet to be at unusual angles for getting at the pedals (clutch pedal specifically) or getting snagged entering and exiting. Anyone who has seen or sat in a Bronco with the washout floor think it is flat enough to not worry about, or are the liners more necessary than one might think on the washouts? I am sure the aftermarket will have better for cheaper, but the Bronco branded (again, pre-pro) liner pictures look pretty nice.

Thanks for the read!

Edit; from the replies and some absolutely spot on pictures from
Lab00Rat, am adding floor liners and postponing my first question until people actually have these trucks in pocket. Thanks for your help everyone!
Sponsored

Last edited:

flatlander40

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

#1 think I saw somewhere that the color on the inside of the door that matches the outside paint is actually the door. The interior panel allows a place for it to show

jbellousux

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜13 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Iā€™m inclined to save the $160 and wait for the WeatherTech mats.
It should be easy to get a set of factory mats, if you change your mind.

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

On the first point, I don't have any direct knowledge on the Bronco, but my Jeep has painted metal on the inside of the doors (matching the outside) and I never noticed it being particularly hot or cold no matter the temperature. I have also never heard of frost or condensation issues because of different temperatures in the cab vs. outside. I doubt this will be a problem on the Bronco. Also, I have driven that jeep in -40 Fahrenheit (-25 with no wind chill) with no issues.

On your second point, I believe there are carpeted mats that come with the Bronco with a pattern on the underside that will fill the grooves in the washout floors. I am not certain on this, but I have heard it thrown around a couple of times. I will be getting the liners on top of the washout floors just in case.

Sponsored

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Dang came I here looking for a riddle since you said oddball answers. I was fully expecting to come up with some oddball question for you lol

The video with the ladies speaking about the colors and interiors she said the cutout goes to the door to be body colored.

OP
OP

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
  • Banned
#1 think I saw somewhere that the color on the inside of the door that matches the outside paint is actually the door. The interior panel allows a place for it to show

appreciated, If it is part of the door, it is going to suck for heat transfer. I will follow up when people start getting them. An easy check, is it hotter or colder than the rest of the inside of the door when hot or cold outside.

Thanks again.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

1). The front interior of the two door has the body color painted metal section. Does anyone know if it is actually part of the door skin or just an insert? The concern is that if there is metal to metal contact with the outer skin, it will transfer the heat or cold from the outside directly into the vehicle with just the paint layer(s) as insulation. Meaning the -25F days I sometimes gets will turn it into a frozen/frosted mess that will drip condensate all over the door, give me freeze burns if I brush against it, and chill my left leg all the time and on the 110F days it will burn the crap out of me if I come in contact with it and cook my left leg with radiant heat. Speculation is not helpful, looking for a picture (or direct knowledge) on if that inside painted section is part of the door that they just did not put trim over or if it is an insert in the trim.

[...]

Thanks for the read!

If that was actually the exterior door panel being shown through to the inside, or there was metal-to-metal contact, you wouldn't be able to roll down the window.

Ford Bronco Two oddball answers for which I searched and no joy. Screen Shot 2020-11-23 at 09.50.45

I could see it being the interior metal door panel (rather than just a trim piece), but as mentioned above, in my jeep it's not a problem at all. There's enough insolation and air gap inside the door to prevent any issues.

AMK610

Big Bend
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 RAM 1500 Rebel
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
If that was actually the exterior door panel being shown through to the inside, or there was metal-to-metal contact, you wouldn't be able to roll down the window.

Ford Bronco Two oddball answers for which I searched and no joy. Screen Shot 2020-11-23 at 09.50.45

(I could see it being the interior metal door panel, but as mentioned above, in my jeep it's not a problem at all. There's enough insolation and air gap inside the door to prevent any issues.)
Yeah Iā€™m willing to bet the cash value of my whole life insurance policy that itā€™s just a painted piece of plastic lol

flatlander40

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I could see it being the interior metal door panel (rather than just a trim piece), but as mentioned above, in my jeep it's not a problem at all. There's enough insolation and air gap inside the door to prevent any issues.
Lol
You may be right

13:54 is where I saw it. Must have heard it wrong

Sponsored

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

For #1 can only speak to a FJ which is body colored and it's molded on the door panel insert. I expect the Bronco to be the same.

OP
OP

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Man I donā€™t want to live where you live that has weather ranging from -25 to 110
Me either.

In all seriousness, I travel around the middle third of the country overseeing construction projects, from the tops of mountains (last mountain was the top of Franklin mountain in El Paso, TX. Helicoptor or old tram to get up that last 1800 feet) to below sea level in NOLA. Did a job last year in the dead of Winter in Sault ste Marie, MI and one in Amarillo where it hit 114F for a week. As far East as Youngstown, OH and as far West as El Paso. My vehicles see conditions that would make most vehicle testing people cry.

If it is part of the door and not isolated by insulation, it will form a skim of ice on that metal in the Winter, count on it.

Been to Kansas as well, Garden City(took weeks to get the smell of cow crap out of my Subaru), Wichita, and the ever popular meth capital of the State; Hutchinson, home of the Apollo 13 capsule and close enough to Yoder to get to the Country Crossing restaurant for the best lunch ever!

Last edited:
OP
OP

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

An answer I like! (not quite following how the window would not close if the exposed piece was part of the door as the window would be moving between the outer skins that would be connected at the edges, totally enclosing the window and mechanism like on every other vehicle, unless there is no inner metal skin on the door to keep weight down?)

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Lol
You may be right

13:54 is where I saw it. Must have heard it wrong
Yeah, she says "exposed sheet metal" and "exterior color"... so it sounds like it is metal (not plastic), but who knows whether it's actually the door structure or an applied piece to the door card.
Sponsored