Ford got me, again

Cookieck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro SS, Indian Chief Vintage, Yamaha Fz1, Honda Shadow, etc
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
As opposed to the $5k you have to spend for a 2 door bronco to go from base to a trim that offers mid package, and still not get the heated steering wheel with it but be buying other stuff you might not want? Neither offers heated seats for the very bottom tier. At least Jeep lets you get them on manual trans without a like $15k price jump(and doesnā€™t charge for remote start that you donā€™t get with manual trans).
Sponsored

Cookieck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro SS, Indian Chief Vintage, Yamaha Fz1, Honda Shadow, etc
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Oh Iā€™m all for makin it your own. Iā€™ve added heated seats to multiple vehicles myself(2 of my motorcycles even have heated seats) and plenty of other things added myself that either werenā€™t options from factory or cost too much so I did myself(or added things I didnā€™t want so I did it myself). But sometimes itā€™s nice to not have to mess with everything, save the time and effort for other things instead, and not everybody feels confident doing those things themselves. But youā€™d think ford would want everyone to add more cost, as it is, ford keeps talking me out of more expensive builds bit by bit. Heated seats are only one small part of that.

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, TD5 Defender
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I've been saying the similar thing lately. Only from a different perspective. I don't want any tech or anything else fancy. I want bare metal floor, metal non removable roof, crank windows, am/FM radio, mechanical gauges. Basically, I want a 1969 Bronco with modern dependability. Small lift would be nice.
Why you ask....I'm currently driving an '07 XL 2 door Ranger and absolutely love it. That, and a base Bronco with Sasquatch here in Canada is $52 000, and full of stuff I don't need or want.
I realize some safety tech has to be there, but I don't want the rest of it.
Import a 2002-2006 Land Rover defender TD5 from Europe then. It has all those things, although the ā€œmodern dependabilityā€œ part is marginal:ROFLMAO:

itll even cost slightly less than the bronco.

Reactions: RLW

CanadianFord

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Import a 2002-2006 Land Rover defender TD5 from Europe then. It has all those things, although the ā€œmodern dependabilityā€œ part is marginal:ROFLMAO:

itll even cost slightly less than the bronco.
I can get a 1977 Belgian Army Unimog imported for about $15 000. I should go that route.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ā€˜05 LJ & ā€˜17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ugh! I don't understand you guys that are a slave to a "wife". Do what you want! Your life is short. She isn't in control of what you want. Wake up.
Unless the Bronco will be her daily driver and trail rig. My wife isn't going, nor would I ask her to, from a loaded suv to a Bronco without these creature comforts she's had on her last 2 vehicles and that my f150 has. My wife will be getting the 4dr BL w/ lux package. Only thing I'm pushing back on is she wants leather with the power seats and i want the MGV. I may win that battle when I tell her power seats doesn't get her the memory seats. But then again, she's the one buying her Bronco.

Sponsored

JessD05

Badlands
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC suv
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Unless the Bronco will be her daily driver and trail rig. My wife isn't going, nor would I ask her to, from a loaded suv to a Bronco without these creature comforts she's had on her last 2 vehicles and that my f150 has. My wife will be getting the 4dr BL w/ lux package. Only thing I'm pushing back on is she wants leather with the power seats and i want the MGV. I may win that battle when I tell her power seats doesn't get her the memory seats. But then again, she's the one buying her Bronco.
Sounds like my build & Iā€™m not getting power seats. MGV. Not having power seats will remind me of my youthful days ..?

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ā€˜05 LJ & ā€˜17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sounds like my build & Iā€™m not getting power seats. MGV. Not having power seats will remind me of my youthful days ..?
Coincidentally, this morning she asked me why everyone is so high on the MGV. I then told her power seats wont get her memory seat settings and she said if thats the case then sheā€™ll go with MGV.

Now I just have to break it to her that she wont be getting cooled seats from Ford no matter than trim or package level. This is the one option Ive been dreading the most telling her about. We both have become too comfortable with her grand cherokee and my f150 having the cooled seats!

edgeflyer

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
"Some woman."

Also, don't call me darling. I'm not interested in being addressed by a stranger in a condescending diminutive term. This isn't 1919. Women have the right to vote and own property now.
Ooh man, southern girl has been triggered again