North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Combining the the information from these two threads is seems like there is now a high likelihood Ford will delay ordering until the new year. This information seems to be confirmed by reading the latest Ford "press release" that their Marketing Company Bronco Nation published on November 23, 2020.
Build & Price update coming next year says Ford
Confirmed: 2-Door Soft Top Accessory Option & 4-Door Sunrider Top by Bestop

From BN article dated November 23, 2020:
After the Q&A event, Plaza-Jennings also confirmed to Bronco Nation that the SEMA build Bestop accessory is scheduled to be available for the 2-Door Bronco at Job 1 (OEM speak for “at launch”). The top will be a dealer-installed accessory that, like other dealer-installed accessories for Bronco, can be rolled into the financing for the vehicle. Ford has confirmed that these dealer-installed accessories will be available to order from your dealer after purchase. However, Ford has not released a complete list of dealer-installed accessories for Bronco like they have for Bronco Sport, so the full list of what is available is still to come. In the SEMA Q&A, Plaza-Jennings also answered a question about Build and Price and whether reservation holders would see a full list of options before converting their reservations into orders.

“What’s going to happen with Build and Price,” Plaza-Jennings said, “is it will get updated. It will get updated next year, in the early part of next year,
and what we’ve promised to customers that are really chomping at the bit to place their orders early next year is that every dealer orderable accessory will be up and you will know about those so you can check the box when you place the order with your dealer. Then, all the dealer channel accessories, things like this soft top that you see right here that you’re going to get when you actually take possession of the vehicle, those will be updated later.”
So it seems clear, Ford will announce "Soon" that the ordering that was to start on Dec 7th will be delayed until "to place their orders early next year"

Who is this "Plaza-Jennings" quoted in the article? he is Esteban Plaza-Jenning who is the Ford Bronco Brand Manager.

As you can see Ford is using double speak to describe the accessories, threading the needle between "dealer orderable accessory" and "dealer channel accessories". This seems to wipe out much of the early talk of DIO. What is/was "Dealer Install Options" (DIO), it was another way to say order all your accessories on the factory order and they would be on the window sticker and Ford would pay the dealer to install them.

UPDATE: see post #136
Finally received a call from my dealer today for the first time. I was told ordering is delayed and the ordering process will be happening January and February.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Steamroller72

Black Diamond
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 RAM Sport Quad Cab
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I watched his interview on Ford SEMA nights. My thought is he was referring to the accessories currently NOT available on B&P. The magical "200+ accessories" number and the items included on the SEMA built BL.

I don't believe this affects the options currently listed in B&P, nor should it delay the ordering system past 12/7/2020 for currently available options/accessories.

Hell, we're all really just speculating at this point.

OP
OP
North7

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I watched his interview on Ford SEMA nights. My thought is he was referring to the accessories currently NOT available on B&P. The magical "200+ accessories" number and the items included on the SEMA built BL.

I don't believe this affects the options currently listed in B&P, nor should it delay the ordering system past 12/7/2020 for currently available options/accessories.
Yet he says:
" what we’ve promised to customers that are really chomping at the bit to place their orders early next year".

This is only one current "order" planned "early next year", the Bronco and whatever accessories are available at that time.

BPMANAZ

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outback
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The thing that gets me in all that Ford "Double talk" is this line:

...…..."and what we’ve promised to customers that are really chomping at the bit to place their orders early next year".

Wrong, WRONG SIR/madam/whoever the hell you are....we are chomping at the bit to place our orders on DECEMBER 7th...NOT early next year, which could literally mean through March, which means we won't see our trucks until maybe September.

For the love of PETE...either this truck is ready to build or it's not. SHIT or get off the pot FORD...start making these Bronco's or come clean that you're not as prepared as you thought.

My God, they can put a man on the Moon (obviously FORD can't put a man on the moon or a colored roof on a Bronco, for that matter but someone else sure can).......

Sponsored

FstFrd00

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.gunsmithingtx.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 BD Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

...l "to place their orders early next year"...
the optimistic person in me says he is referencing the smart buyer waiting until the last possible second (1/31?)
but the realist tells me your probably 100% right

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The more delays the more customers will lose interest and move onto other things..

Not me because I have nothing but time to wait- but In general people lose interest as the hype dies off...
Ford will only be shooting themselves by all these delays..

Sponsored
OP
OP
North7

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

The thing that gets me in all that Ford "Double talk" is this line:

...…..."and what we’ve promised to customers that are really chomping at the bit to place their orders early next year".

Wrong, WRONG SIR/madam/whoever the hell you are....we are chomping at the bit to place our orders on DECEMBER 7th...NOT early next year, which could literally mean through March, which means we won't see our trucks until maybe September.

For the love of PETE...either this truck is ready to build or it's not. SHIT or get off the pot FORD...start making these Bronco's or come clean that you're not as prepared as you thought.

My God, they can put a man on the Moon (obviously FORD can't put a man on the moon or a colored roof on a Bronco, for that matter but someone else sure can).......
User @LEGEND said a few days ago they were still installing equipment on the manufacturing floor and production is only 4 months away, that maybe enough time to finish but he seemed concerned time was getting short, from his posts he seems to be a Ford employee.

NPBronco91

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco - Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not to throw fuel on the fire, but my dealer said "I don't know anything about December 7th." Do we have an official announcement and or statement showing that was supposed to be the date to convert reservations to orders?

Edit: Would like to give this information to my dealer.

OP
OP
North7

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

The more delays the more customers will lose interest and move onto other things..

Not me because I have nothing but time to wait- but In general people lose interest as the hype dies off...
Ford will only be shooting themselves by all these delays..
Agreed, the diehard Bronco fans will just take this is stride, they have waited this long, a little more time is par for the course in 2020.

Captain nSANEo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Whether you order on December 7th or January 31st it doesn't really matter because its based on dealer allocation an reservation number at that point. So why not just wait until January, no big deal in my eyes.

Hey19

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands 2dr 7spd, 1966 A code Mustang coupe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As many others have stated in numerous other threads, let Ford make sure everything is good with the Bronco before Job 1. Obviously they are still tweaking things, as evidenced by the R running the Baja to further refine a GOAT mode. We will get there, just need to be patient.
Sponsored