First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F350. 2022 Big Bend (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Am I the only one who wants a swing out spare carrier bumper on the back? I want one that also has a spot for a Jerry can and hi-lift jack. I’ve seen pictures of the Jerry Can on the roof rack, and I think it looks like crap. It belongs on the back bumper so I can punch my ticket in a ball of fire resulting from a simple rear ender. Sorry, my humor tends to be as dark as my coffee.

More seriously, is the swing gate going to keep this from being a possibility? Might there be rack systems that bolt to the gate so I can put those items back there on each side of the spare? I’m also aware the backup camera has to be taken into consideration. Do I just need to shut up till the aftermarket community gets their hands on a Bronco for product development? I have a tendency to answer my own questions the longer I type.
Sponsored

Ramble_Offroad

Badlands
First Name
Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Time is our friend here. It will come one way or another.
I’d wager it won’t be long and we will see...

- front bumpers with improved winch solutions
- proper sliders
- proper belly armor and drag links
- rear spare delete kit
- rear bumper with swing gate & mounting options.
- improved fold down tailgate tables
- drawer solution for the 4D as an alternate to the slide out gate.
- roof racks
- Upgraded control arms & high end coil overs
- fenders & doors
- and so much more.

speculative yes, but hopeful. ?

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I say get a bumper with a drivers side swing and all the accessories mounted on it you like. Then go big on mounting a table and storage(since it can handle more weight without the tire on it) on the in side of the gate.

OP
OP

NVCowboy

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F350. 2022 Big Bend (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I say get a bumper with a drivers side swing and all the accessories mounted on it you like. Then go big on mounting a table and storage(since it can handle more weight without the tire on it) on the in side of the gate.
Hadn’t considered drivers side swing, thanks for the tip on that one. I was concerned about conflicting swing radius’s between the gate and carrier. Now to find a good model that doesn’t rattle horribly like some of these do.

Frank N

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Aftermarket will solve all this.

Sponsored

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Am I the only one who wants a swing out spare carrier bumper on the back? I want one that also has a spot for a Jerry can and hi-lift jack. I’ve seen pictures of the Jerry Can on the roof rack, and I think it looks like crap. It belongs on the back bumper so I can punch my ticket in a ball of fire resulting from a simple rear ender. Sorry, my humor tends to be as dark as my coffee.

More seriously, is the swing gate going to keep this from being a possibility? Might there be rack systems that bolt to the gate so I can put those items back there on each side of the spare? I’m also aware the backup camera has to be taken into consideration. Do I just need to shut up till the aftermarket community gets their hands on a Bronco for product development? I have a tendency to answer my own questions the longer I type.
I'm confident that in time there will be aftermarket solutions. It might be quite a bit of time, however, as the aftermarket will face the same challenges as consumers in getting their hands on a vehicle. Also keep in mind that first to market isn't necessarily best in market.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Apples

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JLUR, 2004 Lexus GX470
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Hadn’t considered drivers side swing, thanks for the tip on that one. I was concerned about conflicting swing radius’s between the gate and carrier. Now to find a good model that doesn’t rattle horribly like some of these do.
Fun fact, the reason you don't see full length swing arms to the driver side is if the latch fails, it won't swing into oncoming traffic.

Sponsored

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

FWIW most bumper-mounted swing-out tire carriers on Jeeps now open with the swing gate. You no longer have to swing open the tire carrier and then the gate. It all happens in one motion.

Apples

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JLUR, 2004 Lexus GX470
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The FJ swings to the driver's side.
I'm not talking about tailgates. Most tailgates have mechanical stops in them. Swing arms mounted to the bumper have a large rotation and a lot of mass. A failed (or forgotten) latch and a quick turn can swing them fast enough to take a vehicle coming the other way by surprise.

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not that it matters, but you can order the Wilco to swing either way.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model