Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Just adding noise and don't fit your criteria or affect your order delivery. I'm a late reservation holder on purpose to target MY22. But when I submit my build, it will include the black mod top. With the combination of my late reservation (October) and the late availability of the mod top, it will all but guarantee that my order is punted into MY22 offerings. At which point when the order has to be resubmitted, I'll be opting for the body color (OW) mod top.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Vigor

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Just adding noise and don't fit your criteria or affect your order delivery. I'm a late reservation holder on purpose to target MY22. But when I submit my build, it will include the black mod top. With the combination of my late reservation (October) and the late availability of the mod top, it will all but guarantee that my order is punted into MY22 offerings. At which point when the order has to be resubmitted, I'll be opting for the body color (OW) mod top.
See. A man with a plan

Iceman153

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I don't see why the Black Mod Top wouldn't be offered as an option on at least OB and BL. I have a WT reservation from day 2, but I can't live with that interior, going BL and will wait for the black mod top.

I also noticed a bunch of people seem to think you can't change trims from what you reserved? that's rubbish AFAIK. With the exception of the FE which has limited numbers, you can order any trim you'd like when the time comes.

Wyo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sas Badlands, 1968 Bronco, 2018 Expy
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I also have a BL and will likely wait for the black, modular top (planning on it being a late availability option). Not crazy about the MIC, especially since I'm leaning AMB.

YEGDriver

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've not ordered or reserved. Yet. I want to see one with my own eyes and sit in it, test drive it, before I order. That being said, I definitely want the MOD top. If I have to wait for MY22 that's fine. a nice deep black would work, but if necessary I can LineX it white if I decide white looks better (VB exterior). Although come to think of it I have not seen any statements that the MOD top is offered on the 2 door or not. Very much hope so.

Sponsored

Solfive

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a day one 2 door WT reservation that I’m changing to a BL with the modular top because of the interior. At least for me not only is the gloss black important, but the actual modularity of it as well...I feel like this is lost in many of the debates between the two tops.

Ripcurl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DodgeRam 1500 Laramie, HarleyDavidson 48
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I worry a bit that there is a whole lot of aggravating unknowns that will be going on behind the scenes in between ordering bronco with late availability top........late availability top becoming available (along with any other late ordered item or newly labeled late item based on supply pipeline associated with that build's features).......my bronco then being escalated into the build process with such late availability top ...................and then my bronco being loaded and shipped to my specific dealership

We shall see.

Johnny Mo

Raptor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teachu2shoot.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Energi, Ducati XDiavel
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

WildTrak early August resv. Looking to wait for Dual Top option probably, but definitely waiting for black modular at a minimum.

JHawk

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Like many others I have changed my mind several times. I was settled on OW with black top (I have a late res too). Then I saw a white over white jeep and it really looked good. Then .... I watched the soft top video and am now leaning toward a dual top option with soft top and OW hard top. It is a good think that I have some time to save more.

Johnny Mo

Raptor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teachu2shoot.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I don't see why the Black Mod Top wouldn't be offered as an option on at least OB and BL. I have a WT reservation from day 2, but I can't live with that interior, going BL and will wait for the black mod top.

I also noticed a bunch of people seem to think you can't change trims from what you reserved? that's rubbish AFAIK. With the exception of the FE which has limited numbers, you can order any trim you'd like when the time comes.
because the FE and WT had it standard so they MUST fulfill those orders first

Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This thread is NOT to bash on the mic top. Idc how you feel about it. This thread is to give me some sense of calm about how late I'm getting my Bronco ?

Who is getting a wildtrak or FE and opting to wait for the black top?
Follow up question --- whats your reservation time stamp?

You guys are my competition, so to speak outside of dealer allocations.

I have a 9:10am 7/15 reservation
I have an 8:13 PM 7/15 reservation.

Iceman153

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

because the FE and WT had it standard so they MUST fulfill those orders first
This isn't true, opting for a WT trim level is no different than opting for a black mod top on another trim level... There is no reason for the priority to be different there, I know you'd like it to be as I assume you have a WT reservation (like me) or a FE reso.

Ford just removed the black mod top as standard from those models, and dropped the price by the value of the mod top. They didn't promise you'd get your truck before anyone else.

OP
OP
Vigor

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This isn't true, opting for a WT trim level is no different than opting for a black mod top on another trim level... There is no reason for the priority to be different there, I know you'd like it to be as I assume you have a WT reservation (like me) or a FE reso.

Ford just removed the black mod top as standard from those models, and dropped the price by the value of the mod top. They didn't promise you'd get your truck before anyone else.
They dropped the price from wildtrak and fe. Those emails went only to those who held those reservations

It would be in bad form if they fulfilled black top orders for the other trims, before the trims where it comes standard

Johnny Mo

Raptor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teachu2shoot.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Black mod was ONLY standard on WT and FE and Optional on the others, has nothing to do with me having a WT reservation, but if 50k people with Badlands and earlier reservation numbers than me opt for a black mod - then it absolutely puts my resv timing in jeopardy. So the fact that Ford took the stance they did with it being late availability for the Standard Equipment vehicles is the correct approach - I have no guilt over this - especially given the lack of options on the interior.

Iceman153

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Black mod was ONLY standard on WT and FE and Optional on the others, has nothing to do with me having a WT reservation, but if 50k people with Badlands and earlier reservation numbers than me opt for a black mod - then it absolutely puts my resv timing in jeopardy. So the fact that Ford took the stance they did with it being late availability for the Standard Equipment vehicles is the correct approach - I have no guilt over this - especially given the lack of options on the interior.
Still doesn't make any sense to me, if the mod top wasn't late availability, those orders would have been filled before yours, just like they will be with the top being late availability. the top option being standard on a trim level has nothing to do with priority of the build.

trim level is an OPTION, the black mod top is also an OPTION.
Sponsored