First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I am sure we will know more when he Bronco is released.

BUT I am 1000% positive that the OEM fogs will be crap. Aftermarket lights are so much better.

And everyone is worried about wiring into the factory fog light switch? Who cares as you have 6 auxiliary switches.

Regardless, I am def getting the Modular bumper as the aftermarket will be focused on that bumper. And that bumper has exposed bolts which many aftermarket companies will exploit and produced brackets and lights bars that will use those holes as mounting points ... assuming if you want additional lights to sit on top of the bumper.

:)

If they have a bracket to get the lights tucked in tight in those holes towards the center of the vehicle, I am very interested. I am still worried that by putting fog lights there and removing the end caps (if it's even still possible), you are just asking for them to get knocked off. It probably won't be a problem 99% of the time, but it would be a huge bummer to lose one of those lights!

If they don't have a bracket, I have considered mounting the lights sideways by drilling a hole through the little tab that bends back and points towards the rear of the vehicle in that same opening. This will free up all of the existing hardware that is for taking the end caps off. Also, I should be able to adjust the internals and lens on Baja Designs lights in order for them to retain a proper beam pattern and have them mounted as tightly as possible into the upper inside corner of those openings.
Sponsored

Megawatt

First Name
JO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lifted Rubicon usually off-road.
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Does anyone have experience adding street legal aftermarket fog lights? What do you think?
I always check out Headlight rev linky
good prices and they make it work for your application. I ordered JW speaker led headlights for my Jeep and they included the correct conversion cannon plug already installed so it was a simple plug and play installation. That was four years ago and in still going strong.

Also wondering how effective the LED light bar we've seen mounted above the bumper on some of these demo models would work for fog.
bumper mounted led bars are better than windshield mounted bars. The lower they are the better they work. And if you ever wheel and the sky gets dark nobody wants you behind them (because they put out buku light) if you have a windshield light bar because it blinds them. So expect to be put up front leading the trail.

I bought a 24” bar and drilled mounting holes in my warn steel bumper about 6 years ago. Still works great. And it was not an expensive rigid industries light (you pay for the excellent replacement warranty).
Ford Bronco Aftermarket Fog Lights - Modular Front Bumper 51D2C638-07B5-45EE-BC71-FA2900061C3A

I also got JW speaker fog lamps to replace the stock ones and they work great.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I am sure we will know more when he Bronco is released.

BUT I am 1000% positive that the OEM fogs will be crap. Aftermarket lights are so much better.

And everyone is worried about wiring into the factory fog light switch? Who cares as you have 6 auxiliary switches.

:)
The lights Ford is selling are after market Rigid brand that can be bought much cheaper elsewhere.

csj

Outer Banks
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Tacoma OR
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
FWIW I have the rigid I think d series lights that replace the factory fogs in my 17' Tacoma. I think they were over $300 but they are excellent, maybe 6 times brighter than the factory fogs? I'm not sure if they're exactly a fog type pattern, but they are really very bright. I've used them a couple times on the street and I've never been flashed, not that that necessarily means anything. Just based on these I'd be happy to buy any fog type lights rigid might make for the Bronco.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

At this point, it is looking like factory fog lights are not available with the modular front bumper. I get a lot of use out of my factory fogs with my Jeep and would like to add something aftermarket that is street legal.

I am also hoping the factory fog light wiring harness and switch is still present so I wouldn't have to use up an AUX switch. It looks like this may be the case at this point based off of this video I have seen people post a couple of times. 2021 FORD BRONCO - Hands-On First Impressions and Details! (2 door Bronco + Bronco Sport)
At exactly 8:30 it looks like the button for fogs is still present.

Ford Bronco Aftermarket Fog Lights - Modular Front Bumper 51D2C638-07B5-45EE-BC71-FA2900061C3A

For the lights, the first thing I found was the Rigid D-Series SAE Fog Light. I've heard good things about Rigid and they seem to be moderately priced.

Next thing I found was Baja Designs Squadron-R SAE. I had never heard of this company before looking at this forum, but they seem to make some pretty serious stuff.

Does anyone have experience adding street legal aftermarket fog lights? What do you think?
I've had great luck with Hella.

Sponsored

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This machine is great retro/modern but it's confusing. The squeegees is obvious BUT those round lights in a very angular grille are great!

That being said: round fog/driving or rectangular/square?

I'm leaning round myself.

OP
OP
Philly

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This machine is great retro/modern but it's confusing. The squeegees is obvious BUT those round lights in a very angular grille are great!

That being said: round fog/driving or rectangular/square?

I'm leaning round myself.
I honestly can’t decide. I think if I put lights on top of the bumper I will go with round, but if I try to fit them on the underside, I will go square so they can fit in there tighter.

I don’t think I’ll be able to decide until I take delivery.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I honestly can’t decide. I think if I put lights on top of the bumper I will go with round, but if I try to fit them on the underside, I will go square so they can fit in there tighter.

I don’t think I’ll be able to decide until I take delivery.
It might be a situation of sucking up buying a couple pairs and see which ones trial fit better. Then return the others. Hate doing that via mail order but...

AZRap

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Raptor, 16 Mustang, 56 F100, 19 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

At this point, it is looking like factory fog lights are not available with the modular front bumper. I get a lot of use out of my factory fogs with my Jeep and would like to add something aftermarket that is street legal.

I am also hoping the factory fog light wiring harness and switch is still present so I wouldn't have to use up an AUX switch. It looks like this may be the case at this point based off of this video I have seen people post a couple of times. 2021 FORD BRONCO - Hands-On First Impressions and Details! (2 door Bronco + Bronco Sport)
At exactly 8:30 it looks like the button for fogs is still present.

For the lights, the first thing I found was the Rigid D-Series SAE Fog Light. I've heard good things about Rigid and they seem to be moderately priced.

Next thing I found was Baja Designs Squadron-R SAE. I had never heard of this company before looking at this forum, but they seem to make some pretty serious stuff.

Baja Designs is quality stuff. I have been running them on my Raptor without issue for almost 2 years now. I based my purchase off countless others who gave them a stellar review also. My plan is to continue using them again on the Bronco.

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Mine will be round for sure.

Sponsored

JohnMcClane

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Does anyone know how long it usually takes aftermarket to catch up/offer something?

Would like to get some morimoto fogs in the removable section of the modular bumper.

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This sounds like another good reason to get the aux switches.

My buddy got the baja designs lights put them on his ktm and they are like the sun, i will be going that route.

B-Dog

Black Diamond
First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi A4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Does anyone know how long it usually takes aftermarket to catch up/offer something?

Would like to get some morimoto fogs in the removable section of the modular bumper.
Ford Bronco Aftermarket Fog Lights - Modular Front Bumper 1610205251766
Baja Designs already has this pictured on their website for the '21' Bronco. No price or SKU yet though. I'm hoping this means they will be available soon after the Bronco's start being produced. I haven't checked any other manufactures.

Ford Bronco Aftermarket Fog Lights - Modular Front Bumper 1610205369265

KAQ

Outer Banks
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Subaru Crosstreck
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I haven’t seen any mention of Diode Dynamics, they make great options for Jeep’s and Tacoma’s I’m sure they will have something. Great quality products too.

JHawk

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I see lots of bolt holes on these bumpers. If my picture loads properly, check out the two I pointed out. Lets hope they are mounting holes for fog lights!

Ford Bronco Aftermarket Fog Lights - Modular Front Bumper 1610205369265
I like this idea because the placement is ideal. I think that rigid has an application for the raptor that fits in a similar place. I also like the application in the overlanding rig.
Ford Bronco Aftermarket Fog Lights - Modular Front Bumper Overland6IMG_0908
Sponsored