Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, BMW R1200GSA
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’m ordering a black diamond but keep debating on whether to go with steel or alloy. What are you guys doing and why? I think I like the looks of the alloy wheel better and they will be lighter but the steel wheel will be stronger. Like most I’ll be spending more time on the road than off but I do wheel from time to time
Sponsored

brocotect

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep
Your Bronco Model
Base
I wouldn't spend extra to get the alloys. If you're going to do that you might as well just get the steelies and go aftermarket and get exactly what you want.

Last edited:

Sponsored

reaper5252006

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My question is, if i stuck with the steelies, is there enough room to fit 33 inch tires in there with new rims? Would rather buy aftermarket, but unsure of size that can fit naturally without an additional lift....anybody know for sure?

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
If I was getting a BD I would go with the alloy wheels. Personally I can't stand the look of steelies. I know they are 100% function over from, but are beyond eye sores to me. That is got to be the inner mustang guy in me coming out, I need a good looking wheel on my vehicle.

If I was to rank the non squatch wheels on Bronco Trims in terms of looks

1. badlands
2. Outer Banks
3. Big Bend
4. black Diamond alloys
5. black diamond steelies since they are black
6. base steelies

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
anybody know for sure?
I THINK Ford's position is 32" is largest tire for the 'standard' suspension. Room might be one issue, but I seem to remember the 190 front axel was a big factor

OP
OP
Bimmerxi

Bimmerxi

Black Diamond
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I would spend extra to get the alloys. If you're going to do that you might as well just get the steelies and go aftermarket and get exactly what you want.
Yeah kind of leaning that way maybe run the Steely‘s till I wear out those stock tires and then in a few years ago with a 1 to 2 inch lift upgrade to alloys with 33‘s and call it good. Also debating about the sasquash by honestly think if I were spending most of my time off road It would be the way to go but on 2 door they look just a little too big for spending most of the time on the road.

Sponsored

stras27

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm getting a BD and would 100% stick with the steel over the alloy. However, I have seen multiple threads on this and went back and forth 1000 times and will opt for the SasQ instead.

brocotect

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yeah kind of leaning that way maybe run the Steely‘s till I wear out those stock tires and then in a few years ago with a 1 to 2 inch lift upgrade to alloys with 33‘s and call it good. Also debating about the sasquash by honestly think if I were spending most of my time off road It would be the way to go but on 2 door they look just a little too big for spending most of the time on the road.
oops I meant wouldn't. Edited my post to reflect that but I think you understood from context.

Anyways sound like a good plan.

I considering a similar plan.

OP
OP
Bimmerxi

Bimmerxi

Black Diamond
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My question is, if i stuck with the steelies, is there enough room to fit 33 inch tires in there with new rims? Would rather buy aftermarket, but unsure of size that can fit naturally without an additional lift....anybody know for sure?
I don’t think we’re gonna know that for sure until people get vehicles and try it out but seeing that this vehicle comes from the factory with 35s 33‘s shouldn’t be a big issue there’s only like a half inch lift on that Sasquatch suspension the rest of the height comes from tires

Gr8Hortoni

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Ram Rebel. Previously 2 wranglers and 4 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I was all about the steelies until I figured out my build. Only reason I’m switching is because I like the look of the alloys on A51. If I decided to switch once I got the steelies I’d probably get black wagon wheels anyway, so for the couple buck extra I’d save by the time I bought and mounted and installed tpms sensors, it’s worth saving the time and hassle.

added pic simply because I can’t love this setup enough lol
Ford Bronco Black diamond steel or alloy wheels? 49114A42-97F3-4026-A3E9-E2A4554EE62A

GPW

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I was all about the steelies until I figured out my build. Only reason I’m switching is because I like the look of the alloys on A51. If I decided to switch once I got the steelies I’d probably get black wagon wheels anyway, so for the couple buck extra I’d save by the time I bought and mounted and installed tpms sensors, it’s worth saving the time and hassle.

added pic simply because I can’t love this setup enough lol
Ford Bronco Black diamond steel or alloy wheels? 49114A42-97F3-4026-A3E9-E2A4554EE62A
Love that build/color as well! The steelies wouldn't have been my first choice, but I don't know that I like the alloys $1000 better.
Sponsored