Sponsored

Dealer told me low number of reservations...

gavalan

Base
First Name
Glen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I thought 10/31 was the deadline to switch dealers? Did that change?
Sponsored

Pancho Kornwallace

Base
First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
This is similar to sitting in stop and go traffic and you jump in the other lane because it seems like it’s going faster, and then you end up a quarter mile behind the people you were once in front of.
Just turn on the radio and relax :)

I would say there are too many unknowns. If you are happy with your dealership, then stick with them.
This applies to the CostCo gas station and the grocery store as well.

If you switch lines, the line that you were just in will move faster.

Last edited:

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This applies to the the CostCo gas station and the grocery store as well.

If you switch lines, the line that you were just in will move faster.
simple math; If in a line where there are three lines that move at at a random or unknown speed. Two out of three times the line you are in will have at least one lane faster than it. Moving lines without knowing which will be faster will result in the same 2/3 potential to screw yourself. I just pick the line with the most attractive cashier to my taste.

Kevinf0wler

Base
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Base
Talked to my dealer yesterday, salesman said that I’m the only customer that has been asking them questions about the bronco. He also then said that they only have 4 reservations total.
This made me think.... should I transfer my reservation to a bigger dealer in hopes to be allocated my bronco sooner? I know the algorithm is quite confusing, but just curious what you guys and gals think. The dealer is located in PA, north of a suburban area. Less than 2 hours from philly
van bortel ford rochester ny is offering invoice

Sponsored
OP
OP
AMK610

AMK610

Big Bend
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 RAM 1500 Rebel
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
van bortel ford rochester ny is offering invoice
thank you, and to everyone else for your replies. Rochester is about 4-5 hours away from me, but if i could find a dealer closer to me (lehigh valley area) that is selling under msrp, that'd be awesome. I've called about 10 dealers and they either tell me that they dont know jack about the new bronco, or they won't budge off msrp lol this is my 6th new car purchase and i enjoy negotiating but i cant seem to get anyone to budge.
Part of my issue with this is that i know that my trade is the other end of the deal, and we cant negotiate that yet, so in my mind i know that even if they take money off the bronco, they could very well low ball my trade once i go to pick it up. which would annoy me but the ball is in their court at that point. this issue could be eliminated if i sell privately tho, just never did that before

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

thank you, and to everyone else for your replies. Rochester is about 4-5 hours away from me, but if i could find a dealer closer to me (lehigh valley area) that is selling under msrp, that'd be awesome. I've called about 10 dealers and they either tell me that they dont know jack about the new bronco, or they won't budge off msrp lol this is my 6th new car purchase and i enjoy negotiating but i cant seem to get anyone to budge.
Part of my issue with this is that i know that my trade is the other end of the deal, and we cant negotiate that yet, so in my mind i know that even if they take money off the bronco, they could very well low ball my trade once i go to pick it up. which would annoy me but the ball is in their court at that point. this issue could be eliminated if i sell privately tho, just never did that before
Like @Fly by Nite said, we have a couple of deals going for our group as it is.

You can also give us that dealer name and we'll reach out to them. Maybe a dealer with only 4 reservations might be willing to negotiate if that number jumps to 20+.

TRACKTOY

Badlands
First Name
ANDRÉ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 LARIAT CREW C. 3.5L ÉCO 2022+ BRONCO BL.2023
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

hi
my reservation is out my city 56 kilometer from home. that's a small dealer family owned but they win 25 year the contest from FORD CANADA PRÉSIDENT CHOICE FOR THE BEST SERVICE DÉPARTEMENT IN CANADA. They have only 5 reservation holder i am the first in line. i trade direcly with the owner . i feel to obtain a very good price below invoice and i am sure to have the best sevice in CANADA AFTER SALE. Near my home they have 3 big Ford dealer i have try them ....very bad service they charge 150.00$ per hour to work wiht syndicate employes. My small dealer charge only 99.00$ per hour for a better job. and you are not only a number in the bunch. what you thinck about that. buyng it's easy but after with your big dealer you can be only one number on the list
:cry::cry::cry:
scuse my english writing i am french canadian
TRACKTOY

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Like @Fly by Nite said, we have a couple of deals going for our group as it is.

You can also give us that dealer name and we'll reach out to them. Maybe a dealer with only 4 reservations might be willing to negotiate if that number jumps to 20+.
Came here to post the same thing. If he only has a few reservations this may be an opportunity for you to negotiate an invoice or better deal.

Call him back, ask to speak to the sales manager or the GM. Let them know you are part of an enthusiast group with many members who are excited about the new Bronco. Ask him how what sort of discount pricing he can give the group if you got 5-25 to switch, 25-50 to switch.

Steamroller72

Black Diamond
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 RAM Sport Quad Cab
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Talked to my dealer yesterday, salesman said that I’m the only customer that has been asking them questions about the bronco. He also then said that they only have 4 reservations total.
This made me think.... should I transfer my reservation to a bigger dealer in hopes to be allocated my bronco sooner? I know the algorithm is quite confusing, but just curious what you guys and gals think. The dealer is located in PA, north of a suburban area. Less than 2 hours from philly
4 reservations and you don't live in East Podunk?

That dealership would terrify me. Obviously, living near a built up area with plenty of customers, residents are avoiding that dealership for whatever reason.

Sponsored

Bullitt

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2001 Bullitt Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm going with a very small dealership. Their entire inventory right now is just 27 vehicles. :)

I reserved on 15 July, so it will be interesting to see when I actually get it.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

hi
my reservation is out my city 56 kilometer from home. that's a small dealer family owned but they win 25 year the contest from FORD CANADA PRÉSIDENT CHOICE FOR THE BEST SERVICE DÉPARTEMENT IN CANADA. They have only 5 reservation holder i am the first in line. i trade direcly with the owner . i feel to obtain a very good price below invoice and i am sure to have the best sevice in CANADA AFTER SALE. Near my home they have 3 big Ford dealer i have try them ....very bad service they charge 150.00$ per hour to work wiht syndicate employes. My small dealer charge only 99.00$ per hour for a better job. and you are not only a number in the bunch. what you thinck about that. buyng it's easy but after with your big dealer you can be only one number on the list
:cry::cry::cry:
scuse my english writing i am french canadian
TRACKTOY
Stay where you are comfortable.

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Lol
Just saying, Kitchener Ford is the biggest Ford dealer in my area, but by some US dealers, probably still small potatoes
Just kidding, of course, "some of my best friends are Canadian". :ROFLMAO:
Honestly 200+ is a lot for any dealer, IMO.
Sponsored