Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Ram Rebel. Previously 2 wranglers and 4 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This comment could go in no less than 8000 threads on this forum.
Ain’t that truth. Instead we all want to tell you why our choice is better. Lol
Sponsored

OP
OP
Bimmerxi

Bimmerxi

Black Diamond
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, BMW R1200GSA
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This comment could go in no less than 8000 threads on this forum.
LOL i’m not looking for approval as to what choice I’m going to make. I’m just on the fence and curious about others reasonings

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
LOL i’m not looking for approval as to what choice I’m going to make. I’m just on the fence and curious about others reasonings
Oh I get that
I’ve changed my mind no less than 100-200 times
I actually sent my dealer my pre-build” two days ago for a 2 door Wildtrak
Love the looks but too be honest after I did it I wasn’t I love and my hair wasn’t set on fire ? ?

So I changed it to a 4 door BD with the steelies
Want the roof rack and going to get a roof top tent
This is what I plan on using the bronco for
Little minor off roading on fire roads to back country camping spots and then ride my mountain bike or trail runs for days on end...

Now that’s what sets the ole hair on fire ?

Frank N

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

That wasn't the point of my reply. The point of the reply was that if someone was choosing between steel and alloy then the alloy, given similar tire size, is far lighter.
Understood. I think a lot of people going squatch are in for A surprise when they get a flat... lol

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If you can't decide...
Don't get the steelies. I want mine to be less common.?

If you want actual reasons:
This Bronco is my truck. It is going to get scratched and dented and dirty. My car will have "looker" options.

In addition, we have an early Bronco and several other old cars and trucks that all have white steel wheels. I love the way the white steel wheels look and will eventually paint my Bronco steelies Wimbledon White.

Sponsored

TommyBronco

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just priced a set of steel “soft 8’s”, $500 for 5, doesn’t include tpms, shipping, mounting or balancing. That’s another $200 there. For the extra $300 I’ll just get these lol
D04B94C8-B9FD-4432-A7AA-D3711A356C4A.png
This guy has the right idea. Get exactly what you want and sell the stock wheels and rims. One thing to also consider going up to the 33” is that the BL has the higher gear ratio. But that is something you can do later if needed. Bottom line is if you don’t love the optional rims, stick with the stock rims and upgrade after.

Mike5681

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
More Door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm planning on the steelies and want to paint them to match my Cactus Gray 4 door. Will look sharp:cool:

85_Ranger4x4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I am not digging the black painted alloys that will show every nick and scratch.

Honestly I would rather have the charcoal Big Bend alloys.

I'm not in love with Ford's alloy option so I would rather spend $1000 later on something I really like.
Same, I would probably still go steel for cheap though.

Gr8Hortoni

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This guy has the right idea. Get exactly what you want and sell the stock wheels and rims. One thing to also consider going up to the 33” is that the BL has the higher gear ratio. But that is something you can do later if needed. Bottom line is if you don’t love the optional rims, stick with the stock rims and upgrade after.
4.46 vs 4.70 is going to have minimal differences running 33” tires, maybe 200 rpm tops at highway speed. I ran 33’s in my tj. Different vehicle/trans I know. With 3.07’s I couldn’t use 5th gear, once I regeared to 4.10, it was a different animal. 75 on the highway at 2800 rpm. If you were on the 3.73’s I could see it being a problem (my current jk has 33’s with 3.21’s and is in desperate need of new gears.

point being 33’s shouldn’t be an issue, I’d even say up to 35’s you should have no need to re gear. (NEED and WANT are 2 different things. It is a fine line though ?).

KirchTX

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
4.46 vs 4.70 is going to have minimal differences running 33” tires, maybe 200 rpm tops at highway speed. I ran 33’s in my tj. Different vehicle/trans I know. With 3.07’s I couldn’t use 5th gear, once I regeared to 4.10, it was a different animal. 75 on the highway at 2800 rpm. If you were on the 3.73’s I could see it being a problem (my current jk has 33’s with 3.21’s and is in desperate need of new gears.

point being 33’s shouldn’t be an issue, I’d even say up to 35’s you should have no need to re gear. (NEED and WANT are 2 different things. It is a fine line though ?).
I’m a newbie to swapping out tire sizes. Assuming they fit without a lift, does the shop/dealer address the speedometer etc or is it really just not that big a deal?

I’m either going with the stock steel/32” grabbers or aftermarket rims/33” ko2s

Sponsored

Phil_68w10

Big Bend
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F150 XLT
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I’m going to a BD from the BB. After seeing closeups yesterday of the steelies I’m sticking with them until I get some aftermarket wheels and tires.

Gr8Hortoni

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’m a newbie to swapping out tire sizes. Assuming they fit without a lift, does the shop/dealer address the speedometer etc or is it really just not that big a deal?

I’m either going with the stock steel/32” grabbers or aftermarket rims/33” ko2s
The dealer should be able to calibrate it, going from 32” to 33” isn’t going to be more than a couple mph off. Forscan (I think) can calibrate it as well as most tuners. I actually use a speedo app on my phone to figure out the speed on my jk.

BroncOBX

Black Diamond
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.polaris-intel.com
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford F-150 FX4; Mavic 2 Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

KirchTX

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Jarrett

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura RDX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ve gone back and forth but the latest pics (especially the two below) put the steelies over the top for me. I love the early Bronco / utilitarian look, and the silver bronco on the center cap even dresses them up a bit. Going to look great on my IS BD. Now if you could help me choose between the MIC hardtop and the soft top . . .

EFAEE11F-40D5-4184-B40F-644D690B915B.jpeg

39F14BFF-ECFD-4A0F-AEEB-BC1628333C81.jpeg
Sponsored