Blitzinger

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Base
I plan on getting a hard top. Was going to wait a bit and get by with the soft top but after seeing this, no way. What a piece of shit.
Sponsored

Moparguy

Outer Banks
First Name
Mansour
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 MX5 GT - 2010 MX5 T
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This is basically the ad to make you get a hardtop, this is very painful to remove.
Very cheap top too.
You pay $40K to get this top!

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I do really wish that everyone who has no interest in a soft top would just go put some place else. Many of us really are digging this and we don't need to read your comments about why you don't like it.

Brownie

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, 1981 Trans Am, 1972 Austin Mini
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco Bronco Soft Top how-to video -- folding, removing and window removal 1606175067965

Sponsored

Ricepuddin

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 BMW 340i and 1998 bmw m3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

People who've owned a Jeep: "I can't believe how nice this is"

People who haven't owned a Jeep: "I can't believe how awful this is"
Never owned a jeep and this video has me thinking I want a soft top.

I have driven soft top HMMWVs with massive holes in the top in rain storms in the desert.... So I am pretty easy to impress

Stu baby

Outer Banks
First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Audi
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
People who've owned a Jeep: "I can't believe how nice this is"

People who haven't owned a Jeep: "I can't believe how awful this is"
This is 100% right. I couldn’t have said it better.
You know exactly what you’re talking about

NVCowboy

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F350. 2022 Big Bend (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I think the top looks great overall with a few complaints:
3) This is probably my biggest complaint... Why does everyone from Bronco Nation product videos have to wear an unbuttoned long sleeve flannel over a t-shirt? Was there a memo? There had to be a memo right?
Damnit. This describes my winter “uniform” down here on the desert. Now you are gonna be in my headspace for the next few months. Thanks.

NVCowboy

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F350. 2022 Big Bend (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
It’s a good thing I’m not an administrator for this website. I’d move all of the security related comments about the top over to the pros and cons of a soft top already discussed in previous threads. This should’ve been about the operation of this top, how it compares to Jeep, if it changed any MIC Top minds, etc. it very quickly devolved into confirmed hard top people trolling their confirmation bias.

I think if I could’ve rolled an actual window up and down in the tailgate, id be in on the soft top. I’m sure there were durability problems with the old school gates that did this, so we’re not going to have the option of that special hell.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Jarrett

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura RDX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was fully decided on the MIC hardtop. But now with this video I’m thinking that the soft top will be much more flexible for days in the sun when I first get my Bronco next summer. On the fence, but might just go that way and then plan to buy one of the Grey MIC tops that go for sale when someone upgrades to the modular hardtop in the future.

9A4E54C4-FF6B-4CFE-9E72-AC9326C1F8C4.jpeg

D198AE88-4B62-412B-8645-D8CDFB5B0927.jpeg

ultima785

Badlands
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 5.0 Mustang, 2022 2-Door BadManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
yeah but it does have a cool feature to lift it up a little, giving more room to load stuff.
The little lift is cool but a little disappointing in contrast to the stock Bestop on a Wrangler JL, an older design yet so much more practical - the rear window and bottom frame just pops right out and can be flipped over the top similar to opening the back window on a hardtop; it gives full back-end access with nothing in the way on top or on the sides. On the Bronco the corners are part of the back window vs. being part of the side windows so that loading method would be impossible. :\

Last edited:
Reactions: BD1

jntaylor1701

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco II Eddie Bauer
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Very happy to see the video. Pretty much works like the OEM Jeep JL and the new Bestop Ultra top. I think the extra buckles are to help keep it tight to allow wind to come into the cabin and not blow off the soft sides. I really don't see what more Ford could have done outside of copying a version of the Skytop from Jeep or Mytop; both of which are 3500.00+ options.

Still not sure what path to take.

DJJ1973

Black Diamond
First Name
Darrin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Bronco Eddie Bauer, 2010 Mini Cooper S
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Not really a factor...unless they happened to watch the YouTube video. A low end thief is generally not very smart...they’re not removing windows. If they want in, they just cut.
Hard top or soft top, thieves are going to do what they do. They will take the necessary measures to overcome whatever they perceive to be an obstacle in order to meet their objective.

So if your vehicle is targeted, a thief will proceed, regardless of how we honest types may perceive the obstacle as either easy or difficult. Let’s face it, the decision to break into other peoples property is not based in truly rationalized thought.

Several years ago I had an aftermarket in-dash CD player stolen from my car overnight from in front of my house. The CD player was 3 or 4 years old at the time & had cost about $90 brand new.

They ransacked & tossed the whole car looking for anything else of value. This included several college text books that I’d left in the back seat. These books could easily be sold for hundreds of dollars at any college book store no questions asked, and yet not a single book was taken.

ELJeffe77

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jefflenney.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi Q5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My point was more that they can steal stuff without looking like they are stealing. They look like it's their truck and they are just taking the top down. Glass windows smash just as easily with a rock. Having to damage the car to get in makes it less of a easy target. You also have to have a knife with you...
I believe he had to fold the top of the roof down first BEFORE he removed the side windows?
Sponsored