Sponsored

mac62989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Tacoma Sport Access Cab, 2001 Trans AM WS6
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Optional wheels are decent, I liked them better on B&P. The lack of black lug nuts with all these different factory black wheels really bothers me.
Sponsored

BeerForMyHorses

Base
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma TRD Offroad
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Wow!

can’t believe how hard I sold myself on getting A51 with a MIC top. I thought it was a done deal.

The more photos come out on Area 51, the less appealing it is to me. Unfortunately. It feels like I’m shoppping for a car for my daughter.

After this weeks A51 photos, my build just increased by 3200 to go from a badlands A51 to an AMB OBX Sasquatch. All for the sake of getting the color to work with a MIc top. Does it suck? Yes. But do I wantto spend 55k for the wrong color? Absolutely not

I’ve seen AMB in person and it has me making stupid decisions financially. Such as going squatch when I don’t need to. But not sure Area 51 is going to persuade me the same way. Very telling.
I'm not understanding your logic. Why not just get AMB Badlands and save that 3200?

JimL

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2020 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Lmaoo ok this thing is huge! Love itttt. I’m only 5’3 ? here I was wanting Sasquatch ?
Funny, I was thinking this is the first time a 4-door Bronco looked small to me. The woman standing next to it really adds scale; and the F-250 on the other side makes it seem much smaller.

Trustable

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Focus se
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I really like the 6 plys on my Ranger, I was happy when I heard the Black Diamond was getting them as well.

I don't care for the steeilies really but in no way do I feel the alternative is worth a grand extra.

Rotors are no biggie, its been sitting for a day or two. Normal in my world.
I'm not sure how tire ratings work, but I thought that the because it was an lt tire it was an e rating? I can't find anything on ford about this though. If you have them on a ranger I'd imagine the bronco would be fine though.

Garbone

Big Bend
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1962 C10, 21 Mustang, 12 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

Sponsored

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm not understanding your logic. Why not just get AMB Badlands and save that 3200?
BL with a MIc top is the best trim for A51, IMO. And one of the worst trims for AMB. Would need to swap out grille to a OBX or Wildtrak, custom paint mirror, handles body color, etc.

Or go OBX, which is the best trim for AMB. Then go squatch to have big unpainted flares to pull in MIC top with body colors bits and a blacked out grille to work with the glossy paint job. Everything ready to go out of the box, and comes with some additional perks like stance, power seats, preferred grille, less GVWR issues for family hauling and cargo, side steps etc. side steps are less than rock rails, but I was planning on swapping out on the BL anyway....Unfortunately a lot of the 3200 loss is attributed to the need to pay for leather vs MGV standard on BL, and that OBX has unfair pricing on the 2.7L upgrade since automatic comes standard. I recognize it’s not that good of a deal. Actually it’s a kick in the pants. But it’s one of the few ways I could get AMB to work properly. A51 badlands with a MIC top was a perfect money saving build but doesn’t work as well with AMB

Although still considering BL for AMB and trying to Frankenstein it. Versus paying a premium for OBX Sasquatch. Leaning towards the latter.

Last edited:

drive21bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Gotta say. Just my opinion. But I think the steelies look better than the upgrades.

Thx for sharing!
mid love to see the A51 with the steel wheels.. also the AMB. I know I a lot to ask.

jcwr1313

Big Bend
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
What’s your impressions seeing it in person?
I like it but then again I’ve been waiting forever for a new Bronco so I’m happy to see one all.
I really like the color in person. I wish I could have seen a hard top close up. It’s the size I thought it would be. Not too big and not too small. I’ve had two 75’s and a 76 in the past and would love to just get a 2 door but this will be replacing our Edge so we need the room.

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I live in Buffalo and with the amount of salt we use on the roads I think I know a little about rusty rotors. The amount of rust on the Bronco rotors is excessive even for old rotors in the middle of a Buffalo winter. I've gone weeks without driving my F150 and they never looked that bad.
I've found that some rotors when new will rust quicker. Like overnight quick. Eventually it becomes a non-issue. I'm guess this is what we're seeing here.

Sponsored

BeerForMyHorses

Base
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma TRD Offroad
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

BL with a MIc top is the best trim for A51, IMO. And one of the worst trims for AMB. Would need to swap out grille to a OBX or Wildtrak, custom paint mirror, handles body color, etc.

Or go OBX, which is the best trim for AMB. Then go squatch to have big unpainted flares to pull in MIC top with body colors bits and a blacked out grille to work with the glossy paint job. Everything ready to go out of the box, and comes with some additional perks like stance, power seats, preferred grille, less GVWR issues for family hauling and cargo, side steps etc. side steps are less than rock rails, but I was planning on swapping out on the BL anyway....Unfortunately a lot of the 3200 loss is attributed to the need to pay for leather vs MGV standard on BL, and that OBX has unfair pricing on the 2.7L upgrade since automatic comes standard. I recognize it’s not that good of a deal. Actually it’s a kick in the pants. But it’s one of the few ways I could get AMB to work properly. A51 badlands with a MIC top was a perfect money saving build but doesn’t work as well with AMB

Although still considering BL for AMB and trying to Frankenstein it. Versus paying a premium for OBX Sasquatch. Leaning towards the latter.
Ah gotcha, that's all subjective. I thought I was missing something factual. Not that I disagree with you! Just hoping I wasn't missing something

NurseA.J

Outer Banks
First Name
Amy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Outerbanks Sasquatch Lux 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Lmaoo ok this thing is huge! Love itttt. I’m only 5’3 ? here I was wanting Sasquatch ?
@jasminekd I hear ya! I’m only 4’11” so this thing is a beast! ? Short kids unite!!! Lol

NoDoorsNoProblem

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GMC Canyon SLT Mini-Duramax
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Also... this is the first time I've seen those crash bars be so apparent in the wheel wells. Kind of an eye sore.
I can speak on this as a former 2016 F150 owner...those are gonna look like that. They’re added to the front and back of the wheel to increase safety in the event of a frontal crash, and prevent the wheel from entering the cabin. It was a big deal because the 2015 extended cabs did not have the front, only rear, and the crew cabs had front and rear. Crash testers that year put a spotlight on extended cab trucks and found that the F150 minus the crash bars performed way worse due to the wheel pushing pretty far back into the cabin. So they added them front and rear.

On my 2016 F150, the bars looked pretty much like that, no end cap. They were hidden way better on the F150 just due to the nature of the bronco with its big open wheel wells, especially with the front module bumper. If it’s anything like my F150 the crash bars will be the first road block and biggest limiting factor in tire clearance.

side note...I feel like the early Cyber Orange 2 door Sasquatch that was out testing with the front modular bumper parts removed for clearance DEFINITELY did not have the crash bars, they would have stuck out way more. ??
Sponsored

Last edited: