Threads
Reaction score
Website
HotheadHeadliners.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler & Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It all depends how Ford set this up. Prior softtop / hardtop experience it was one or the other. Use the soft top for summer and swap to hardtop for winter. I eventually went full softip all year long because it was just easier.

Hardtops were a bitch to fully remove alone and you needed at least two people to remove the rear.

Noise levels are subjective until we see a video.
I think Ford is going to make it a lot easier and you can probably remove solo. The 4-door appears to be three separate sections (four, if they copy Jeep w/ Freedom panels). The Wrangler hard tops aren't very heavy, they're just awkward and I think having these sections will make it pretty easy and convenient.
Sponsored

PecOBX

Big Bend
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Jeep CJ7
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I have been onboard with the soft top from the beginning. I have owned multiple jeeps with hard and soft tops (from an 85 CJ7 to my some now having a 2014 Willys). Assuming the set up is similar to the jeeps, the hard top was a pain because on the 4-door jeeps it’s a 2-man job to remove the back portion. Plus when I go on trips I like to drive with top off as much as possible and from the photos I have seen of the Bronco it’s great you can store the hard top in the back but it does not seem to leave any room for storage. For me the soft tops work fine. Noise levels are really not that bad and in the more modern cars the heater easily overcomes any cold air (I live in the Phila, PA area so we get out fair share of cold days). I prefer the convenience of being able to put the top down when the chance presents itself but also to be able to button the vehicle back up quickly if the weather changes. Good luck with your decision.

UNBROKN

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 F-350 CC dually, 97 Infiniti QX4, 21 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have been onboard with the soft top from the beginning. I have owned multiple jeeps with hard and soft tops (from an 85 CJ7 to my some now having a 2014 Willys). Assuming the set up is similar to the jeeps, the hard top was a pain because on the 4-door jeeps it’s a 2-man job to remove the back portion. Plus when I go on trips I like to drive with top off as much as possible and from the photos I have seen of the Bronco it’s great you can store the hard top in the back but it does not seem to leave any room for storage. For me the soft tops work fine. Noise levels are really not that bad and in the more modern cars the heater easily overcomes any cold air (I live in the Phila, PA area so we get out fair share of cold days). I prefer the convenience of being able to put the top down when the chance presents itself but also to be able to button the vehicle back up quickly if the weather changes. Good luck with your decision.
Noise level has been my only concern with the soft top. I have poor hearing when there are other noises around. Wind noises are the worst. I have to say "what?" to my wife all the time. REPEATEDLY! She never turns up the volume, she just keeps saying the same thing at the same level every time. Eventually I give up... I would like to have a conversation in my Bronco and not have to turn the radio up so loud that the cars next to me hear what i am listening to. I guess i should go test drive a new Jeep with a soft top on the highway to see how bad it really is. I was thinking about getting the hard top with the sound deadening panels. more thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated.

PecOBX

Big Bend
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Jeep CJ7
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Noise level has been my only concern with the soft top. I have poor hearing when there are other noises around. Wind noises are the worst. I have to say "what?" to my wife all the time. REPEATEDLY! She never turns up the volume, she just keeps saying the same thing at the same level every time. Eventually I give up... I would like to have a conversation in my Bronco and not have to turn the radio up so loud that the cars next to me hear what i am listening to. I guess i should go test drive a new Jeep with a soft top on the highway to see how bad it really is. I was thinking about getting the hard top with the sound deadening panels. more thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated.
Test driving a Jeep would be a good idea. My older CJ (for which I had just soft doors) had noise issues but the newer jeeps we have had not so much. Having the regular doors will cut down on wind noise but my sense is the newer soft tops aren’t that bad. With that said, if you already have a hearing issue the hard top with sound deadening material may be smarter. Good luck
Sponsored