First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It might be better than having 30k people choosing to wait for a black mod top.
I totally understand this sentiment but I believe Ford is shooting themselves in the foot with more delays. The average car buyer will get bored and impatient and move on. Can you imagine without the news and rumors we get here on the forum what the average bronco reservation holder is getting from Ford? Silence and crickets...

We can blame covid and supplier issues but really creating and developing order banks shouldn’t be an issue. I love Bronco and will wait as long as possible but I’m not and most likely all of us here aren’t the average bronco buyer... consumers will move onto other new exciting things..
Sponsored

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I totally understand this sentiment but I believe Ford is shooting themselves in the foot with more delays. The average car buyer will get bored and impatient and move on. Can you imagine without the news and rumors we get here on the forum what the average bronco reservation holder is getting from Ford? Silence and crickets...

We can blame covid and supplier issues but really creating and developing order banks shouldn’t be an issue. I love Bronco and will wait as long as possible but I’m not and most likely all of us here aren’t the average bronco buyer... consumers will move onto other new exciting things..
I agree Ford will probably lose many people that reserved. But think how many buyers they will be picking up once these bad boys hit the streets. Like everyone I'm alittle disappointed in the delay. But a few months more of waiting isn't going to kill me. I'm sure there's alot of things behind the scenes causing delays that we don't know about.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm sure there's alot of things behind the scenes causing delays that we don't know about.
I'm sure there are many logistical nightmares. But communication is not one of them; email/internet still works; Bronco Nation is moderately competent if you use small words & talk slow.

Hard to tell how many customers Ford is losing - but they are losing credibility fast. Neither Bronco buyers nor their dealer network knows shit about what's going on.

I believe we just had a real-life demonstration of the fact that once you become a laughingstock, its very difficult to turn the ship. Ford needs to up their game - or is this 'fart in a whirlwind' status all they are capable of?

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I'm sure there are many logistical nightmares. But communication is not one of them; email/internet still works; Bronco Nation is moderately competent if you use small words & talk slow.

Hard to tell how many customers Ford is losing - but they are losing credibility fast. Neither Bronco buyers nor their dealer network knows shit about what's going on.

I believe we just had a real-life demonstration of the fact that once you become a laughingstock, its very difficult to turn the ship. Ford needs to up their game - or is this 'fart in a whirlwind' status all they are capable of?
I agree, it really seems like Ford keeps dropping the ball. But you have to remember most of us on the forum are following the news day by day, which can be very frustrating. The average reservation holder that doesn't follow us is just in a holding pattern until they get a call from their dealer to come and order. I get it's annoying that the communication sucks and the delays aren't helping. At the end of the day Ford has brought back to life a iconic Bronco that we are all going to be proud to own. The design team and engineers have surpassed everything I hoped for in the new Bronco. For me waiting a few more months isn't that big of deal,. Sure I would like to go buy one off the lot today, but thats not happening.. Ordering and waiting is the only option if you want one, but once we're behind the wheel all will be forgotten and forgiven.
Ford Bronco Bronco Ordering looking like it may be delayed until the first of the year i282319414675683903._szw480h1280_

Last edited:

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
it really seems like Ford keeps dropping the ball
Yeah...I'll buy it 'whenever'. But, when Ford can't even get the easy stuff right (communications, seat stitching, etc)....it does make me wonder about everything else.

I'll put it this way...Bronco is only a vehicle; if I have to toss it in a year - no biggie. Would I have heart surgery from a doctor with a similar level of ineptness? No F'ing way!

Sponsored

perfectburrito

Badlands
First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Badlands Sasquatch, 2.7AT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Move on to what?

To a Wrangler? That always has been and always will be an option for buyers, regardless of how good or bad Ford's communications are.

This is a consumer-grade product. Just because we're all ordering it, doesn't make these unique products that will fail to launch if we cancel our orders. Ford just has a faster runway to dealer stock if we cancel or get bored.

They have much more to lose if they over-promise and under-deliver. Each time a marketing or communications representative opens their mouth or logs in on behalf of Ford, the probability of over-promising increases. I don't blame them for staying mum on things that have yet to be determined, like mid-pandemic supply chain issues.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Move on to what?

To a Wrangler? That always has been and always will be an option for buyers, regardless of how good or bad Ford's communications are.

This is a consumer-grade product. Just because we're all ordering it, doesn't make these unique products that will fail to launch if we cancel our orders. Ford just has a faster runway to dealer stock if we cancel or get bored.

They have much more to lose if they over-promise and under-deliver. Each time a marketing or communications representative opens their mouth or logs in on behalf of Ford, the probability of over-promising increases. I don't blame them for staying mum on things that have yet to be determined, like mid-pandemic supply chain issues.
Remember most people aren’t diehard off-roaders. You can’t expect 190k worth of reservations to be patient and deal with little or no information being sent to them by ford and they sure as shit most likely aren’t getting accurate information from their dealerships..
This isn’t buy a bronco or Jeep or bust thing..
What I’m saying is peoples attention spans are short and a lot of people will move on.

Yes we know there is a damn world wide pandemic and everything is being blamed on it, this shouldn’t stop ford from communicating this to their consumers and potential customers..

Sponsored
OP
OP
North7

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Remember most people aren’t diehard off-roaders. You can’t expect 190k worth of reservations to be patient and deal with little or no information being sent to them by ford and they sure as shit most likely aren’t getting accurate information from their dealerships..
This isn’t buy a bronco or Jeep or bust thing..
What I’m saying is peoples attention spans are short and a lot of people will move on.

Yes we know there is a damn world wide pandemic and everything is being blamed on it, this shouldn’t stop ford from communicating this to their consumers and potential customers..
The moment the Bronco website went live most of us signed up for email updates...

Crickets...

Yet again the interns were partying and missed more classes:
"Customer Engagement 101"
"Communication 101"
"Email Marketing 101"

noahr

Black Diamond
First Name
Noah @ Mullinax
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)