First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yeah, well if Raptor =/= Rubicon, launching without the hard core off road version is going to be a mistake because the compares are going to be brutal.
the prototypes have been seen with bigger tires than the Rubicon and buttons that appear to be lockers. couple that with the 2.7 that’s already a badass truck. On par (or better) than a rubicon. The question then is, what is the Raptor then? More hardcore? Hardcore hybrid?
Sponsored

Jalisurr

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Corvette Z06, '97 Mitsubishi Pajero Evo
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
the prototypes have been seen with bigger tires than the Rubicon and buttons that appear to be lockers. couple that with the 2.7 that’s already a badass truck. On par (or better) than a rubicon. The question then is, what is the Raptor then? More hardcore? Hardcore hybrid?
Or, my hope, something geared towards more speed and performance for events like KoH, Dakar, Baja, what have you.

Hopefully not hybrid. Weight is bad for turning corners.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Metal painted flared fender Mo Aoun looking desert runner with a 5.0, and auto with paddle shifters?

Or lifted SFA Warthog Rock Monster with 37s, a 5.0 and a manual?

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Metal painted flared fender Mo Aoun looking desert runner with a 5.0, and auto with paddle shifters?

Or lifted SFA Warthog Rock Monster with 37s, a 5.0 and a manual?
I'm down with the second one but unfortunately I believe I'm in the minority. If it turns out to be more like the first option then I will just go for an FX4 and if it don't get the job done, which I think it will, I will just make the SFA option myself. ?

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I'm down with the second one but unfortunately I believe I'm in the minority. If it turns out to be more like the first option then I will just go for an FX4 and if it don't get the job done, which I think it will, I will just make the SFA option myself. ?
I think there is market for both ala Mojave and Rubicon

Sponsored

texheim

Base
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang Ecoboost Stage 2
Your Bronco Model
Base
Working very hard to ensure 2021 1/2 model year launch. This comes the following calendar year.
Too true. My in laws are a dealer and with what's going on now, well, just think about it.

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The 'Raptor' should be intended to be something different or a significant step above the Rubicon equivalent.
Above in price maybe. I see Raptor as more of a Mojave/Sahara bling that will be used by less than 1/10 of the people putting Rubicon parts to use.

Mountain Bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Full size GM SUV
Your Bronco Model
Base
Do you think the Bronco Raptor will be build with the same frame & interior size as regular? with updated drive train, shocks etc.. Maybe different body panels & bumpers.

or something completely different?

Nanook

Wildtrak
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, Bronco, Galaxie, Ducati Streetfighter V4S
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I’m hoping something close to Mo’s renderings with R style fender flares and the same mechanicals as @Jalisurr mentioned.
2023 tho...Sadly I might be exiting from this wait.

Sponsored

Bodhistrafe

First Name
Bodhi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Trucks
"Launch date is January 2021, possibly Feb 2021"

Damn! I literally joined the forum this week, I guess I'll check back at the end of summer. Have a great spring and summer everyone and stay safe.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
"Launch date is January 2021, possibly Feb 2021"
They were saying over on Blue Oval before the virus situation really ramped up that job #1 was likely around December, so things aren't really as bad as could be yet.

BuckWildOffRoad

Raptor
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands Bronco, King Ranch F250, Taurus SHO
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I sure wish they would release, or at least reveal the raptor version at the same time. I want to know if it is worth the wait. I mean I'll need to have a bronco early on for product development anyways, but I might opt for a base model.. sigh. Hahaha

BuckWildOffRoad

Raptor
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands Bronco, King Ranch F250, Taurus SHO
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

@ChrispyKC also, what are we expecting with the raptor version anyways? SHO 2.7EB? or an entirely different system? I mean all the other features that I can think of would be either on the original release models or available aftermarket... hmmm
Sponsored