Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic, Honda CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm heavily comparing BASEMANSQUACH (Which looks like a killer deal) and BADLANDS. Here is my list of what I'd have to be fine without to go BASEMANSQUACH, I'm sharing it with you all incase you have similar thoughts. I gotta say, I'm almost fine to do it to leave all that aside and save the money but I'm still noodling that one.

Base Missing:
- BRONCO lettering white (big whoop)
- Tinted back windows
- Front number steal and bash plate ( Can easily add to base )
- Rear bumper steel
- Rock rails
- Upgraded bash plates (?!?!?!)
- Marine Grade Vinyl
- Rubberized flooring with washout capable drain plugs
- MOLLE strap seatbacks
- Rock-Crawl and Baja goat mode
- Signature LED headlines
- LED taillamps
- High-level Instrument Panel (?!?!?!)
- Badlands suspension 10mm additional vs squach
- Front Stay Bar Disconnect
- No mid package avail on base
-- 2 door intelligent access with lock/unlock :(
-- footwell lighting
-- auto-dimming rearview mirror
-- illuminating sliding visor with mirror
-- reverse sensing system :) Good no beeps
-- Dual zone auto temp
-- 110v AV power outlet <- Jackery charging :(
-- Enhanced voice recognition sync 4
-- 90 day connected nav trial :( Garbage add
-- Ford Co-Polit360
--- Auto high beam headlights
--- Blind Spot Monitoring with Cross-Traffic Alert
--- Lane-Keeping System + lane-keeping alert nanny :(
--- Pre-collision assist with automatic emergency braking
--- Rearview camera with backup assist grid lines (Big whoop)

- No high package avail
-- 12 screen with 'Connected navigation' :)
-- 360 camera :) I Think
-- more sound deadening :)
-- Forward sensing system :( more beeps make me sad
-- Mirrors LED approach lamp and LED spotlight

If you go high package manual badlands is all the above worth ~7K to you? That is the question.
Sponsored

Slyder

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 KTM 1290R
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
For me the answer would be: 'No, it's not worth the $7k price difference.'

It's simply because the Mid, High and Lux packages bring too many annoying and unnecessary electronic nanny items and things I don't want or need.

This is strictly my opinion, though, and it's a subject that came up over the Thanksgiving weekend when I was able to talk to family members. I was trying to keep this as undercover as much as possible, so it would be a surprise that I'm going to buy one, but oh well, the feed back and questions gave me things to ponder.

I have no issues with Aftermarket parts, but I also have family members that aren't keen on aftermarket parts, which kind of balances out the ones that have no issues with it, like me.

Questions ranging from:
)'Since you can afford to get a Badlands, why not just go with your original zero point and call it good? It also comes in the original color you wanted. (Cyber Orange)'

)'Why not stick with your original reservation of a Wildtrak? The tan interior isn't that bad. (I really dislike tan/light tan interiors, by the way, and they know this)

)'Big Bend seems like a good deal if you originally wanted a Wildtrak minus the Mid package'

)'The Black Diamond seems like a helluva deal, why not just go with that? It also has the color you wanted originally (Cyber Orange).' (I showed them the over-exposed pictures, that were found of one, then told them it had blue stitching and no guarantee it'll get an option/changed by job 1)

I then explained that it's 'roughly' a $3k entry fee JUST TO ACCESS a lot of the stuff available on the trims/models above Base. I could use that $3k to bring a Base up to a point pretty close to them, but would end up waiting on the Aftermarket to catch up.

The conversations also went on a slight tangent regarding color choices. I showed them the colors I liked and Antimatter Blue came out on top, followed by Velocity Blue, Rapid Red, Cyber Orange then Carbonized Gray.

I still like Base and what it has to offer for it's price, but there have been days since Thanksgiving where I start to feel conflicted and question my choice.

Maybe I'll have a better idea once the time rolls around and I get the call/email about my time to place the order. ?

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I am considering a base at this moment since mid isnā€™t available on manual (below badlands). Heated seats were the biggest driver pushing me towards mid package and I was hoping that they would be a stand alone option.

Does anyone know of quality aftermarket seat warmers(over the seat covers or under) that can be powered by the aux switches?

DonM

Base
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4DR Base Sasquatch 2.3 in VB
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I have been holding on a Base 4DR 2.3 Sasquatch with Aux Switches and Floor Liners. I'm pretty confident that the gearing and engine combo will be fine, if not, I'll get a tune. Plus I have a feeling that I'll end up going to a 33" tire anyways.

But with all the info in this thread

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...ok-if-youā€™re-thinking-aftermarket-tires.9432/

I'm beginning to re-think and do a Base 4DR 2.7 with Mud Flaps, Aux Switches and Floor Liners and getting a set of 17x7.5 wheels (the slotted Fifteen52's) and run 255/80R17s (or even 255/75R17s) in a decent A/T and still be well under 40K. The 2.7 is needed (in my mind) to offset the 3.73 gearing in the Base. 33s with an open M190 front diff shouldn't be an issue, especially since I don't see much rock-crawling or mud-bogging in my future.

PLindsey725

Black Diamond
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I am considering a base at this moment since mid isnā€™t available on manual (below badlands). Heated seats were the biggest driver pushing me towards mid package and I was hoping that they would be a stand alone option.

Does anyone know of quality aftermarket seat warmers(over the seat covers or under) that can be powered by the aux switches?
I personally haven't had any aftermarket ones but I was in the same boat. I was going to do a BB with mid but a manual is a non negotiable so went down to base and going to add the aux switches and have a local upholstery shop add heat to the front seats, already got quoted about $600 for it.

Sponsored

DonM

Base
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I personally haven't had any aftermarket ones but I was in the same boat. I was going to do a BB with mid but a manual is a non negotiable so went down to base and going to add the aux switches and have a local upholstery shop add heat to the front seats, already got quoted about $600 for it.
Are you doing Katzkin?

PLindsey725

Black Diamond
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

zeak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU wrangler, BMW 3 series
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Just got some swatches from wet okole. Theyā€™re nice. Much smoother to the touch than my wetsuit. Makes choosing base with aftermarket cover very attractive vs BD with MGV.

tokyo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
siennavenzasparkXDfit
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The 2.7 is needed (in my mind) to offset the 3.73 gearing in the Base.
It seems people think going with 3.73 gearing will make the Bronco a dog but its really not that much difference and I think will be fine.

In fact F-150 has even higher gearing options as does the Wrangler. I think the Bronco actually has pretty low gearing all around compared with others.

I have 3.73 with 33's 2.7 and A10 on my 2018 F150. With TC off it will light up rear wheels on full throttle launches on the street. And it is turning a relaxed 2,000 RPM at 80mph.

If I could get a rear locker in 3.73 on the base (like you can on F150 and Ranger) I totally would.

DonM

Base
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The more that I talk with my old school VW buddies, I might just go Base 4DR with Aux Switches and Floor Liners. Still undecided on the engine, but the 2.3 would most likely be fine. I don't really need to do tires any bigger than 265/75/16 or 235/85/16. I think the fun will be in the mods!!

Sponsored
OP
OP
Nickp

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
The more that I talk with my old school VW buddies, I might just go Base 4DR with Aux Switches and Floor Liners. Still undecided on the engine, but the 2.3 would most likely be fine. I don't really need to do tires any bigger than 265/75/16 or 235/85/16. I think the fun will be in the mods!!
Canā€™t go wrong with that man. Aux switches and Iā€™d personally recommend the hard top too. Itā€™s 1000x easier and cheaper to add a soft top down the road than the hard top. (Unless you just want soft top full time; then go nuts lol)

DonM

Base
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Canā€™t go wrong with that man. Aux switches and Iā€™d personally recommend the hard top too. Itā€™s 1000x easier and cheaper to add a soft top down the road than the hard top. (Unless you just want soft top full time; then go nuts lol)
Want the convertible at a whim option of the soft top. And I was just thinking that my F150 Extended Cab Long Bed on 30" tires has gotten me anywhere that the Bronco would be going.

OP
OP
Nickp

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
Want the convertible at a whim option of the soft top. And I was just thinking that my F150 Extended Cab Long Bed on 30" tires has gotten me anywhere that the Bronco would be going.
30ā€ tires are still a pretty decent size... I took my explorer places where it DEFINITELY shouldnā€™t have and that was on 29ā€™s. Bronco on 30ā€™s is still going to be great.

DonM

Base
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

30ā€ tires are still a pretty decent size... I took my explorer places where it DEFINITELY shouldnā€™t have and that was on 29ā€™s. Bronco on 30ā€™s is still going to be great.
True....used to have an S10 Blazer. Think it rode on 235/75/15. It was fine everywhere it went in SoCal.
Sponsored