First Name
Eddy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R8
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you have a 2021 you're the trendsetter the first on the block, if you have a 2022 or later you're a copycat not cool by then people have seen Broncos all the time *yawn* go away they'll say.
Sponsored

chownd

Outer Banks
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm 32. I fell in love with the looks of the EB since a summer I saw one parked at the beach everyday when I was 16.

But I'm also into the latest tech. I love the look of old cars but think I'd struggle living with a classic. I know it's a different beast but a co worker has an old defender (might predate the name defender?) And he's always getting that thing towed 100+ miles to a guy who works on em

This bronco seems like a perfect blend of having my cake and eating it too.

H - 2 CHARLIE

Wildtrak
First Name
CHARLIE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F 150 - E 350
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm getting mine at the end of next year. All the way around they will be better .
By then my corna vaccine stocks will be booming .
I need a 4 door with a 2.7 .

H - 2 CHARLIE

Wildtrak
First Name
CHARLIE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F 150 - E 350
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm getting mine at the end of next year. All the way around they will be better .
By then my corna vaccine stocks will be booming .
I need a 4 door with a 2.7 .

Sponsored

Neigh.hey

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
1. For me I was really interested that they have a manual transmission offered. Only other option in my mind is a Tacoma, but back seat is small for family/kids. I personally don't trust a Fiat/Chrysler product (Me), so Jeep has never really been an option for me. Manual transmission is very big on my next purchase as that is mostly what I have had, and missed it for the last several years. I drive 30-35k a year for 1099 work and I'm bored with my Tundra 5.7 auto. Toyota has served me good for many, many years. But...number 2:

2. This is a great re-release. I love:
The options for lockers (just need one for reasonable exploring/trail riding with a DD in my past), love the model/build options, love that new bronco throws looks to original 66-77', and love I can get 4 doors with decent leg room in back (cause I have kids that need room for legs in car seats). I'm not so interested in removal top; kinda cool to be able to remove part of the hard top sections...but a soft top is just not anything I would want to do (me).

3. I do believe there is some price/cost savings getting in on the purchase on 2021 with "A Good Dealer", since we all know ordering or buying in a year or two will have some major mark ups. And there are those 'Good Dealers' out there apparently...

4. I do think about and understand concern with an initial model release as there is likely some problems that will come about during normal consumers use that will find issues. I've never been very confident on US made vehicles, and have been buying Toyota trucks/suvs for a long time and have been very happy. But...this new bronco is really pulling me in with my number 1 and 2 points above. I have 173k on my 2015 tundra and would be happy to go to 300k...but a 7 speed new bronco is feeling like a F*CK IT, I'M DOING IT!

5. What if they stop making manual transmissions in 2022???!!!!

Meng, Meng

Last edited:

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
and a 2021 because i want to have a car that nobody except reservation holders will have, its the hype, nobody can buy one for that year hehe
Never thought of it that way but that in itself is the icing on the cake. Cars on the lot are so cookie cutter anymore. They are all built to the same generic middle of the road set of trims and options to match the widest demographic, greatest likelihood to move, and optimum balance of profit.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
It’s not odd for people to ditch their car after a few years. Leasing is built around this behavior.

BroncoAgain

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"14 Wrangler JKUR, Ram 2500 6.7 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
There are people wanting a Bronco that $10,000+ over MSRP means nothing. They will be getting a Bronco. I don't want to compete with them. I had a '70, not a '66. I special ordered it also pretty stripped and got it for $3600 OTD, V8 and all. Ford is playing games and so is Jeep with the 392 Wrangler. They will play these for $$$$$$$, what is fair has nothing to do with it. If you go to a dealer and tell them you will pay $20,000 to the dealer, you will get one over John Doe who sat in a line.

Sponsored

Neigh.hey

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Try the price of a 64 1/2 Mustang vs a 65 or 66. Add in that they were not 100% factory ordered...
Ummm, so we would be talking about a 2021 bronco in 2077.

Pretty sure there will be flying cars by then like Marty McFly used. Not sure that Barrett Jackson will be that interested in a 2021 Bronco. Although, that is probably what 1964.5 Mustang owners thought about the future...hmmmm you might have something there...haaaaaaa

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm just wondering why someone would go through the reservation, order conversion, process only to buy something else a couple or few years later. Why buy a Bronco at all, not that you wouldn't, but why? What is the motivation, why do you "want" one?
"I want it and I want it now" is probably the fundamental reason. Although, I can't understand the rationale of buying a '21 and selling it in a year or two--that's expensive. Once Broncos can be purchased off the lot, they aren't going to be in the same part of the supply-demand curve.

Personally, now vs. later comes down to whether I can get one as close to my ideal as possible. But the vehicle I buy, when I buy it, is one I plan to keep.

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
uh you doooo know that the "64 1/2 and the 65 were the same car, right?
Yeah, but different in the same way that people will talk themselves into paying for for an "early" serial number classic, or "this is 1 of only 37 in this combination". Ah, so the fact that 200,000 were made means it's not rare, but the fact that only 37 idiots ordered the pea-soup green color with a column shift three speed, white interior and the perfume spray option makes it rare? ?

There is a distinction (however small) among the early '65s (commonly referred to as 64 1/2s) and the September-and-later '65s. Things are worth more when the market agrees to pay more for them. I'm hoping my Bronco is a "1 of only 37 in this combination," as long as it's not because I made a bunch of stupid choices. :LOL:

Last edited:

rgwinn

First Edition
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘62 Vette
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

“First” edition

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
I get that. Most people that have a reservation do. My question isn't whether you want one, but why now, why a 2021?
Scarcity.

Early reservation holders get 2021s, and that's it. It's too late to reserve one. Most future buyers are only vaguely aware or even unaware of the new Bronco. When they come out, people will be driven mad that they cannot get one. Humans desire nothing more than that which they cannot have. It'll be cool to have Unobtainium (UM) for a while. If I'm not smitten with my 2021, I can easily sell it and re-coup most or all of my cost.

A more pertinent question for me is, if why would anyone choose to wait for a MY 22? A darker complexion hardtop seems like a triviality. If I'm obsessed with the black top, I'd rather drive my cool, exclusive new vehicle and buy the top I want later. I kinda understand Mansquatch, though that's a niche crowd.
Sponsored