First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150 XLT
Your Bronco Model
Base
...I just remember automatic seatbelts and the hell those created. I even remember people selling thing to lock em in place when they break and the jankyness of all that...
Oh man, my brother had those in his POS Tempo back in high school. His seat belts didn't break before the rest of the car did, but they were bad enough when they functioned "properly" lol.
Sponsored

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm hoping they don't for the on road versions. I'd like to see carpet with carpeted logo mats. Also, memory power seat. Jeep seems to produce everything 1 way (example Wrangler & Gladiator doors) to save money. I hope Ford doesn't cheap out on details.
That is a good point. Like drain holes, hardtop liners, fancy seats, and carpet. All those are things that should be easy to make both of. LIke on the stamping lines for the floors, do the drain contour stamp on all but only do the punch stamp for the holes on part of the run. Different floor liners, different but same seats. All that stuff should be optional. Whether bulked together or individually.

Jook13

Base
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki samurai
Your Bronco Model
Base
Maybe not a deal breaker, but is Ford going to pump fake engine noise through the speakers? Can it be turned off on other Ford products? You would think they learned enough people complain about that but I don't know..

Jalisurr

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Corvette Z06, '97 Mitsubishi Pajero Evo
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Maybe not a deal breaker, but is Ford going to pump fake engine noise through the speakers? Can it be turned off on other Ford products? You would think they learned enough people complain about that but I don't know..
They probably will have fake engine noise, yeah. Pretty much every other Ford product has it in some version

I know on at least the F150 you can turn it off with forscan (which will be one of the first things I do on a Bronco along with enabling some options like 'Bambi mode')

There are probably other methods of disabling it as well like pulling fuses, but I'm pretty sure there isn't any way to turn it off just through an option in the infotainment if that's what you're after.

Paint

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Eh - I was as just driving with the top off the JK at night, looking over the hood and thinking how different the Bronco hood profile will be with the raised edges and canoe tie downs, and how much that profile reminds me of dad’s. Ford is really going to have missed their mark on the on-road vs off-road suv chart to lose me. It’s really a question of next vehicle or the one after?
I'd like to say it's my next vehicle...but I don't know if I can wait until 2023 for the Braptor.

Sponsored

Paint

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
They probably will have fake engine noise, yeah. Pretty much every other Ford product has it in some version

I know on at least the F150 you can turn it off with forscan (which will be one of the first things I do on a Bronco along with enabling some options like 'Bambi mode')

There are probably other methods of disabling it as well like pulling fuses, but I'm pretty sure there isn't any way to turn it off just through an option in the infotainment if that's what you're after.
What the hell is 'Bambi Mode'?

I mean...is it gonna shoot my mom or something?

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
That is a good point. Like drain holes, hardtop liners, fancy seats, and carpet. All those are things that should be easy to make both of. LIke on the stamping lines for the floors, do the drain contour stamp on all but only do the punch stamp for the holes on part of the run. Different floor liners, different but same seats. All that stuff should be optional. Whether bulked together or individually.
Either that or they could put plastic plugs in the holes like the did in the 60's and 70's cars and run the carpet right over them.

Jake_zx2

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Its just a complaint about added complexity, and the probability of overall future failures.
This is the most flawed argument that the anti-tech people LOVE to use

So, what if hill start assist "breaks"? Well, then you'll have a car without hill start assist, JUST LIKE YOU WANTED IN THE FIRST PLACE

I hear the same thing about things like power locks... some people don't like them because they're afraid they'll break. So, what if they break? Well guess what... you just got yourself a car with manual locks, just like you wanted

Jalisurr

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Corvette Z06, '97 Mitsubishi Pajero Evo
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
What the hell is 'Bambi Mode'?

I mean...is it gonna shoot my mom or something?
Ha! Thankfully not, 'Bambi Mode' means having the fog lights stay on when you turn your high beams on. To spot Bambi along the side of the dark road.

Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
One more thing to add to the wish list.
Sponsored