Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Agree. This is my main concern now. I know we can go aftermarket for many of the components that look OEM but perform better. However, not having an integrated trailer brake controller makes aftermarket options seem disjointed and far from an OEM looks. This along with being a very heavy vehicle with a very small payload. I realize the Bronco isn’t the ideal tow vehicle, but I still need to tow some toys and my small trailer
I wonder if it can be a dealer installed option. It's showing on Ford's website as (towing capability)under FE packages. Worse case I'll go aftermarket as I tow my motorcycle a couple times a year.
Screenshot_20201205-094021_Chrome.jpg
Sponsored

IXFE

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Thrilled about the all black interior option. However, I’m not sure it’s enough to keep me from ordering Badlands Sasquatch. For me there are still two issues with the First Edition

1) By my math a First Edition will be aprox $3200 more than a loaded Badlands. What are we getting for that premium? There’s literally nothing exclusive about it, except for one shade of blue which nobody will even notice is different. Lightening Blue is not even a unique color; it’s been used on just about every Ford vehicle over the past decade. And it’s way too close to Velocity Blue to be considered unique in on the Bronco.

2) We still don’t have the right top for the First Edition. To me the main benefit of the BL is the gray grill and trim matching the ONLY top we have available to us at launch. Makes no sense to me to take delivery of a vehicle with a mismatched top. It also makes no sense to me to wait months after launch to get your “first” edition delivered with the top it was always meant to have.

If Ford gave us the black mod top in time for us to take delivery ahead of everybody else by a month or so... then I’d consider paying the ridiculous premium for this trim package.

Lilj4425

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wonder if it can be a dealer installed option. It's showing on Ford's website as (towing capability)under FE packages. Worse case I'll go aftermarket as I tow my motorcycle a couple times a year.
Hmmm...interesting. If that’s the case then I’m definitely all in on the First Edition.

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Thrilled about the all black interior option. However, I’m not sure it’s enough to keep me from ordering Badlands Sasquatch. For me there are still two issues with the First Edition

1) By my math a First Edition will be aprox $3200 more than a loaded Badlands. What are we getting for that premium? There’s literally nothing exclusive about it, except for one shade of blue which nobody will even notice is different. Lightening Blue is not even a unique color; it’s been used on just about every Ford vehicle over the past decade. And it’s way too close to Velocity Blue to be considered unique in on the Bronco.

2) We still don’t have the right top for the First Edition. To me the main benefit of the BL is the gray grill and trim matching the ONLY top we have available to us at launch. Makes no sense to me to take delivery of a vehicle with a mismatched top. It also makes no sense to me to wait months after launch to get your “first” edition delivered with the top it was always meant to have.

If Ford gave us the black mod top in time for us to take delivery ahead of everybody else by a month or so... then I’d consider paying the ridiculous premium for this trim package.
I'm sticking with my FE reservation. The black interior has kept me in the game. As someone mentioned FE Bronco's only come around once and 7000 units is still a very low production. Agree it sucks on the Black Mod Hardtop late availability, but a few more months of waiting for it won't kill me.

Last edited:

Deleted member 13817

ALCON, your thoughts? What if...

ALL blacked out interior (even dashsurround) with the Filson quilt stitching in a neutral (CG)? The Filson interior Was simply stunning...

Sponsored

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

ALL blacked out interior (even dashsurround) with the Filson quilt stitching in a neutral (CG)? The Filson interior Was simply stunning...
I can definitely get use to the Filson Edition interior. Looks gorgeous IMO.
960x0.jpg

SammyB

First Edition
First Name
Dougie
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.taylorchip.com
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 | 2016 Toyota Tacoma | 1990 Toyota Camry
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I would lose my mind with excitement if they made that interior or something close! I would be willing to pay more in addition for the extra material costs.
?I agree 100%

Boston182

First Edition
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley Davidson Sportster
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I can definitely get use to the Filson Edition interior. Looks gorgeous IMO.
960x0.jpg
I would lose my mind with excitement if they made that interior or something close! I would be willing to pay more in addition for the extra material costs.
?I agree 100%
If we got diamond stitch in our black interior like above, I would not have a drop of seminal fluid left to function for the rest of my life.

Ford Bronco First Edition Bronco Thread 1607185224544

Last edited:

Lilj4425

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If we got diamond stitch in our black interior like above, I would not have a drop of seminal fluid left to function for the rest of my life.
LOL. I wouldn’t even care if it didn’t have a tow package at that point. I would be ALL IN!!!! I would order a whole truck load of beer to celebrate. :D

Sponsored

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Agree. This is my main concern now. I know we can go aftermarket for many of the components that look OEM but perform better. However, not having an integrated trailer brake controller makes aftermarket options seem disjointed and far from an OEM looks. This along with being a very heavy vehicle with a very small payload. I realize the Bronco isn’t the ideal tow vehicle, but I still need to tow some toys and my small trailer
As far as anyone knows an integrated brake controller isn't included with the tow package anyway.

HardenUp

First Edition
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
First Edition 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

As far as anyone knows an integrated brake controller isn't included with the tow package anyway.
Right, it’s not included in any trim, so I guess my grip is not with the FE necessary (other than it being heavier than other trims, which reduces payload and is likely why we can’t get many accessories).

IXFE

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Diamond stitching.... now THAT’S an idea that would bring me back to First Edition!!

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Right, it’s not included in any trim, so I guess my grip is not with the FE necessary (other than it being heavier than other trims, which reduces payload and is likely why we can’t get many accessories).
I imagine it's the front and rear steel bumpers and bash plates adding the extra weight. The price we pay for a fully loaded badass FE Bronco.

emerald86

Badlands
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Bronco, 21 Badlands Bronco, 23 Braptor INBOUND
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Lack of a tow package still kills the FE for me. :/
Have they confirmed this? It makes 0 sense a loaded WT or BL can have one, but not a FE. I am hoping it is just a B&P error.
Sponsored