Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'92 Pajero 2.5TD, '99 Land Cruiser '15 Golf TDI
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Is that Eau Rouge like at Spa Eau Rouge ???
Yes - it was a Q50 coupe with GT-R motor and originally GT-R trans and 4WD system but later they changed to Infiniti running gear with the GT-R motor, and then they went and cancelled it. It was being co-developed with Red Bull (the ones that built all those F1 cars and won all those championships). It was going to be pretty awesome.
Sponsored

The Pope

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 F250/2007 Mercury Mariner/2014 Infiniti Q60x/2011 Kawasaki C14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes - it was a Q50 coupe with GT-R motor and originally GT-R trans and 4WD system but later they changed to Infiniti running gear with the GT-R motor, and then they went and cancelled it. It was being co-developed with Red Bull (the ones that built all those F1 cars and won all those championships). It was going to be pretty awesome.
I would have LOVED having the GT-R Engine & 4WD System in my Q60x!!!!!

dweskamp

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GMC truck
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks a ton for all the breakdown!

Seems like you guys have this all pretty figured out. The rear end looks like a standard Dana product, you can bet it uses the new Advantek gearset (less hypoid offset for more efficiency, different tooth profile resulting in smaller ring gear for more ground clearance). Looks like its straight out of a JT.

Rear suspension is a dream! All the control arms look nice and flat, track bar is flat and long, and its coilover from the factory! Those extended lower shock mounts really help get more wheel travel, as long as they are closer to the wheel than the diff then your ground clearance is not impacted too much. Even though I have managed to scratch up ball joints on a D60 front end in a JK....

I hope that square tube bracket stays for production. Looks like a great place to mount a FRAME mounted rock slider. The body mounted sliders are not worth anything. We have bent up entire JK bodies so that the doors dont close even when they have the full length body mounted sliders. The body structure is just not designed to take those loads.

The 'thing' on the shock body is likely a reservoir. Here is an image from the shocks on the Ranger Raptor. Look really similar. Fox, of course.
1586290830887.png

Here is the link to the video that is screenshot from:
I want the magic carpet ride