First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford F150, 2005 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We are buying a Bronco as a daily driver/family car for our (my wife and I) 40th birthday present to each other. Also with the plans of enjoying the open air experience on our planned vacations to a variety of National Parks. With that said my wife is 5-4 and is worried that getting in will be a pain (she has an Explorer now). She hates “climbing” into my F150, which just has a mild lift and is running on 34’s.

I know that some people have posted pictures of the door sill measurement, but I was hoping this thread could serve as a place to put all the trim levels step in/over height. Thanks!
Sponsored

Last edited:

Daytona_Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I saw a Rubicon on 35,s yesterday .. same tire size as the Sasquatch looks like it would be a task to get in if your wife struggles with the F150.. I'm thinking a good set of rock sliders with steps would solve the issue...
Ford Bronco All models step in/over height 20201205_171150

Frank N

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

If you dont need rock sliders, a good set of steps is worth it. They also save your seat bolsters long term.

If you squatch, you are looking at 24" or so to the sill.

Jpeyer

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I believe the badlands on 33s at Townsend was 25”
I saw a Rubicon on 35,s yesterday .. same tire size as the Sasquatch looks like it would be a task to get in if your wife struggles with the F150.. I'm thinking a good set of rock sliders with steps would solve the issue...
Ford Bronco All models step in/over height 20201205_171150
The step over height was 25-27 on the black badlands 2 door on 33s in Townsend. It’s 20” on my super duty to my side steps. My wife being 5’2” uses the handle to get in but any larger she is going to have issues. It will be a task. Invest in a set of amp power running boards when they come out or get a drop loop style step that can be removed for off-road.

OP
OP
Mustang_75_99

Mustang_75_99

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

The step over height was 25-27 on the black badlands 2 door on 33s in Townsend. It’s 20” on my super duty to my side steps. My wife being 5’2” uses the handle to get in but any larger she is going to have issues. It will be a task. Invest in a set of amp power running boards when they come out or get a drop loop style step that can be removed for off-road.
I am not disputing you, but man that seems high for the Bronco! My F150 is 26/27 to the door sill and 18/18.5 to the step. I figured th Bronco would be low 20’s.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Mustang_75_99

Mustang_75_99

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you dont need rock sliders, a good set of steps is worth it. They also save your seat bolsters long term.

If you squatch, you are looking at 24" or so to the sill.
We were planning on OBX, but we both HATE the interior options. So we are going Badlands without the Squatch. I would like to Squatch it, but she has no interest in running around on 35’s.

Daytona_Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

flatlander40

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Good thought. Do we know how much lower the other models are than the BL?

This is an Outer Banks and it looks very low to me but it’s hard to tell how low.

1B8E5882-BF12-4CE0-93DD-E68D64EB3250.jpeg

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Let's try and keep measurement heights to the door sill (and not the bottom of the door or elsewhere) as that is the up and over height.

As I had mentioned in the above linked post, for reference, our JKU that rides on 35's is 28-1/4" to the door sill. My wife, who is 5'-3", drives it all the time (by choice) and has no problem getting in or out. No steps but rock rails that she steps over and into the Jeep.

I would be disappointed if BL-Squatch sill height came in at less than 26"

Frank N

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Good thought. Do we know how much lower the other models are than the BL?

This is an Outer Banks and it looks very low to me but it’s hard to tell how low.

Ford Bronco All models step in/over height 1B8E5882-BF12-4CE0-93DD-E68D64EB3250

I'd guess roughly 20", the center of the tire/wheel is 16" since they are ~32", running bourd looks to be even with that at ~16".

Sponsored

Old Guy

Big Bend
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
My Essentially stock JKU is 22.5" to the sill and and 17" to the step. She is 5'3" and 59 years old. She can get in without the grab handles or step, but very much appreciates that they are there.

Edit, JKU rides on 32" tires.

OP
OP
Mustang_75_99

Mustang_75_99

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

I was thinking about your suggestion of the amp power step running boards. I actually have some familiarity with this product’s install, I have installed a pair on my Dad’s last two Tundras. The problem I see is that they wired to be activated when the door is opened and I am not sure what would happen when the doors are off the Bronc. I am sure there are some ways around this.

Any Jeep guys have experience with this?

Jpeyer

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I forgot about that. The new f150 have a button at the bed to press with your foot. I believe amp rebrands theirs for ford. They probably will have something similar.

AzScorpion

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew Lariat 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was thinking about your suggestion of the amp power step running boards. I actually have some familiarity with this product’s install, I have installed a pair on my Dad’s last two Tundras. The problem I see is that they wired to be activated when the door is opened and I am not sure what would happen when the doors are off the Bronc. I am sure there are some ways around this.

Any Jeep guys have experience with this?
At the off road show last weekend they had these from a company called Rock Slide. They were rock sliders and power steps in one. The sliders will hold the whole weight of the vehicle too. When the doors are off there's a button down by the inner rocker to active the power steps. They will be making these for the Bronco.

https://rockslideengineering.com
Sponsored