R-E-L-A-X

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Base
Also, I asked the rep if the sound deadening made a difference and was worth it - he said he felt like it made a difference. I asked about a Ford Performance tune coming at some point, one of the Ford reps asked why would I want that?! Speaking to the Ford driver rep later he went on and on about the 2.7 - I explained I was getting the 2.3 for the manual and he seemed disinterested at that point.
My response would have been, I'd buy it if I could have it with the manual.
Sponsored

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Does anyone know if the rear drop down tail gate is standard or an accessory for badlands?
"Drop down"? I am under the impression that it is a slide out and not a drop down.

JesseS

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jayco AY26, Honda F6B, CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just turned 71 and it's starting to feel like it.
I have been active my entire life, and still weigh the same as I did at 25 (just not all in the same places :) ) I refuse to let my age be a factor in my life until I have no other choice.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

"Drop down"? I am under the impression that it is a slide out and not a drop down.
Sometimes people use the term “drop down” to refer to the shelf that mounts to the inside of the rear gate... but your point on clearification stands.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have been active my entire life, and still weigh the same as I did at 25 (just not all in the same places :) ) I refuse to let my age be a factor in my life until I have no other choice.
I'm far less active then I was before retiring 5 years ago. I think that's most of my problem. In my mind, I still think I'm 20. The rest of me is sending a different message though.

Heffe66413

Outer Banks
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Also, I asked the rep if the sound deadening made a difference and was worth it - he said he felt like it made a difference. I asked about a Ford Performance tune coming at some point, one of the Ford reps asked why would I want that?! Speaking to the Ford driver rep later he went on and on about the 2.7 - I explained I was getting the 2.3 for the manual and he seemed disinterested at that point.
Thanks for the additional info on the sound deadening material . I appreciate it!

AzScorpion

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew Lariat 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
But, I don't want them to look like a 10 year old did the project. :rolleyes: I think if you grind the tabs off, there won't be any way to tape them back on. You'll be looking for a new set of letters. If these indeed have tabs, I'm betting you'll be able to press on the side where the tab is located and remove them.
Neither do I and I have a serious case of OCD so it'll be done right. I don't think you'd have to grind the tabs off the back but again without seeing one I'm not positive. The ends were sharp to a point like they pressed into the grill so I'm thinking (hoping) they might be able to be pulled out? It's possible the whole grill needs to be removed to do it without damaging anything else too. Worse case I tape off around the letters and paper around the grill and spray them.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Neither do I and I have a serious case of OCD so it'll be done right. I don't think you'd have to grind the tabs off the back but again without seeing one I'm not positive. The ends were sharp to a point like they pressed into the grill so I'm thinking (hoping) they might be able to be pulled out? It's possible the whole grill needs to be removed to do it without damaging anything else too. Worse case I tape off around the letters and paper around the grill and spray them.
That's what I'm thinking. If they're loose in there, they likely will pop out easily. I wish I thought to check while I had the chance.

Sponsored

edgeflyer

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The 2.3 was not originally designed as a turbo motor. Neither was the 3.5. The 2.7 was. 2.3 direct injection only vs the 2.7 direct injection and port injection is just one big advantage in the 2.7
What?

EquusBronsis

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Porsche Macan GTS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
And have the same amount of hair; it's just down my back!

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hmmnm, how old is 'older'? I am 72 and have to issue getting in/out of my 4runner on 37's <so far>:)
How tall are you if you don't mind sharing ?
My idol ?