First Name
PRE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yukon Denali/BMW 750
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I've decided on Badlands trim but learned there is no "sport mode" available on that trim. I will be getting the 2.7 engine. Is not having sport mode a big deal? If it was available, how often would you use it?
Sponsored

DasQball

Wildtrak
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer ST, Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I've decided on Badlands trim but learned there is no "sport mode" available on that trim. I will be getting the 2.7 engine. Is not having sport mode a big deal? If it was available, how often would you use it?
I plan on wildtrak or outerbanks because of this... After having the ST, sport mode is a must have now. I could go without rock crawl or the sway bar disconnect IMO.

Lilj4425

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I plan on wildtrak or outerbanks because of this... After having the ST, sport mode is a must have now. I could go without rock crawl or the sway bar disconnect IMO.
I would love to have the Wildtrak due to the sport mode but I want the rubberized floors with drains and MGV seats. The Wildtrak doesn’t have either. :( I also want the high or lux package and signature lights so that eliminates Black Diamond. There’s pretty much no perfect trim for me but Badlands is the closest.

Dubfound

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi’s
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I know it's a completely different car but I leave my Audi S3 in sport mode 90% of the time.. so sport mode on the bronco is a must for me. I was going to get a Badlands and now I'm going to get an Outer Banks.

Sponsored

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am leaning toward thinking it is a must have...I want a Badlands/Sas with high or lux...but may be forced into a Black Diamond/ Sas Mid just to get the Sport mode (and side benefit of a better looking grill). I don't want to drive a slug on the street if it doesn't have to be, and good shifts and throttle response are important. I am hoping I am missing something and that you can run it in Baja/2H and it's the same, or run it in manual mode and it changes the throttle response to Sport mode. We're going in blind though with no reviews.

Studawg

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Excursion, 96 Land Cruiser, 18 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Umm, what? So people are switching trims just in order to get “Sport mode”?? ? it’s a Bronco, not a sports car. I have paid literally no attention to any of the GOAT modes. It might as well just have one mode, normal.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Or get a manual transmission and have sport or whatever mode you and your shifting skills can imagine. :) Kidding aside, I have a car with automatic and sport mode, but rarely use it. Keeps the base revs especially when downshifting too high. But maybe the Bronco programming will be different, hard to say without actually driving it.

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I have a 3.5 ecoboost f-150 and i turn on sport mode before shifting out of park. It significantly improves the transmission shifting and holds lower gears longer. Normal mode will shift to highest gear around 45 mph(for no reason).

bluesun68

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
raptor, velar, f-type
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Sport mode is a joke. It probably just remaps the throttle so that 80% of throttle happens in the first 20% of pedal travel. People think, "ooohhhh, car is faster." No, you just gave it all the throttle by barely touching the pedal. This completely screws up driving if you have a manual. The only other thing it could possibly do is make the steering harder, if the pump is electric. The shocks aren't adjustable. The exhaust doesn't have valves. The ironic part is that real sports cars try to have a linear throttle so you can actually predicts what's going to happen when you press on the pedal.

Sponsored

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just my 2 cents. Sport mode in my F150 is fun, on occasion, but makes "regular" driving jerky, with very aggressive throttle tip in and awkward shifting at partial throttle. The transmission is pretty adaptive to your style and it literally never feels out of gear or constantly upshifting like my prior 6sp/Coyote combo did sometimes. I use it on occasion, but it wouldn't be a feature that would make me move models.

Lilj4425

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am getting the aux switches... which will cost me only $195 on my Base Bronco. I will flip them in random configurations, for "sport mode".
I’m gonna do the same thing with my hero switches on the Badlands driving down the interstate. ? To infinity and beyond.

linbackr99

Wildtrak
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor Crew
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Have it on my Raptor, use it often and love it . . . a 'must have' IMO, which is one of the main reasons I am going with the Wildtrak.

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Umm, what? So people are switching trims just in order to get “Sport mode”?? ? it’s a Bronco, not a sports car. I have paid literally no attention to any of the GOAT modes. It might as well just have one mode, normal.
Its funny you should say that, because there was a thread last week of people begging ford to get rid of normal mode and add back in sport. Saying eco mode counts for "normal"
Just my 2 cents. Sport mode in my F150 is fun, on occasion, but makes "regular" driving jerky, with very aggressive throttle tip in and awkward shifting at partial throttle. The transmission is pretty adaptive to your style and it literally never feels out of gear or constantly upshifting like my prior 6sp/Coyote combo did sometimes. I use it on occasion, but it wouldn't be a feature that would make me move models.
Test drove the f150 last week and first thing I did was try the sport mode. I felt the exact same thing you mention here!
Sponsored