Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma TRD Offroad
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I’d be more inclined to do a built 2.3, supporting mods and a bigger turbo, beefier 7mt transmission and make 500 whp. This already exists in the Mustang, Focus, 2.3 world. Once you start swapping motors like this, the car becomes a Hobby, not an economical, reliable form of transportation. It would certainly be fun though!

FABB4972-5AEA-46F0-A320-C9EC8D2B6559.jpeg
That's my goal. Make the bronco my daily driver, maintaining it and keeping up the factory warranty until it's coolness has started to wear off, then start modding/upgrading to make it exciting again.

I can't justify modding a brand new vehicle. 150,000 miles/10 years later... Sure. By that point I'll probably be daily driving some kind of electric vehicle and the bronco will be a hobby/Sunday driver.
Sponsored

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I have personally done 3 engine swaps it is never easy and lots of the big issues are little thing to make it run and fuction properly.
Add in that some states make it really hard and you can run into nightmares.
Without some aftermarket support you might be dead in the water and it wont be feasable.
Last one i was going to do was a 5.0 in a porsche cayman took a trailer to guys house after we agreed on a price ,and when he found out i was going to put a v8 in it he said thats not the direction he wanted to see it go? anyway a company called rebel motorsports made all the adapters and the harness for the 5.0 to talk to the porsche guages.
In the future the easiest way is most likely to build up a 2.3 manual you can get some serious numbers but time will tell ? just my thoughts.

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That's my goal. Make the bronco my daily driver, maintaining it and keeping up the factory warranty until it's coolness has started to wear off, then start modding/upgrading to make it exciting again.

I can't justify modding a brand new vehicle. 150,000 miles/10 years later... Sure. By that point I'll probably be daily driving some kind of electric vehicle and the bronco will be a hobby/Sunday driver.
Well more address the weaklinks it anything, since oil catch cans and intercoolers with charge pipes make a yuge difference

BeerForMyHorses

Base
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma TRD Offroad
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Well more address the weaklinks it anything, since oil catch cans and intercoolers with charge pipes make a yuge difference
Yeah, I'll probably do stuff like that, as long as it doesn't mess with factory warranty

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah, I'll probably do stuff like that, as long as it doesn't mess with factory warranty
Intercooler and charge pipes shouldnt effect it, doesnt play with the ecu, essentially a radiator and hoses for the turbo system

Sponsored

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Intercooler and charge pipes shouldnt effect it, doesnt play with the ecu, essentially a radiator and hoses for the turbo system
Coming from turbo Subaru’s, im not very familiar with these Ecoboosts, but I‘m gonna guess if you bring the Bronco to Ford for service and they see intercooler and/or other mods, your warranty will be questionable. I’m also going to assume you will need to be tuned for those mods. Now if you can return it to stock before getting service, you might be ok but I think manufacturers have figured that out.

The way I look at it is if I modify and break it, I’m gonna end up paying for it whether the car is brand new or 5 years old and out of warranty. Might as well have fun ASAP and mod it when new?

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Coming from turbo Subaru’s, im not very familiar with these Ecoboosts, but I‘m gonna guess if you bring the Bronco to Ford for service and they see intercooler and/or other mods, your warranty will be questionable. I’m also going to assume you will need to be tuned for those mods. Now if you can return it to stock before getting service, you might be ok but I think manufacturers have figured that out.

The way I look at it is if I modify and break it, I’m gonna end up paying for it whether the car is brand new or 5 years old and out of warranty. Might as well have fun ASAP and mod it when new?
My dealer when I had my Mustang was like "Just unflash the car and remind us its tuned so we dont question the CEL"

One dealer i could have gone with also sells Subies and does Roush, so probably same philosophy there. Just pose the hypothetical to the service manager and see how they react

Rivers90

Base
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
xterra mx5
Your Bronco Model
Base
Smog laws here make swaps nearly impossible.

I am sure we will see some show broncos made with swaps for auto shows .

It would be easier to put bigger turbo or turbos on the engine you have and build it up. You could get all the horsepower you need that way. The cool factor of a v8 is only thing missing. A 7.3 v8 bronco would be super cool, but you would need to upgrade everything to take the power trans axles transfer case. At that point it may be easier to get the super duty and put a custom bronco body on it.

11Bronco1776

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands, 1994.5 F350 Powerstroke
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Absolutely. 10-15 years down the road when the 2.3 is done a V8 it is going in. Some smart groups of gearheads should have all the kinks worked out by then i'd imagine.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I was thinking about / excited to attempt an LS swap into my JKUR, but after seeing the electrical gremlin problems they had with two different swaps on Wayalife, and reading another story of a LS swap keeping the JK manual having software issues, I decided the risk is too high for the expense.

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The wheelbase on the 4-door is 116.1 inches and the wheelbase on a Factory Five Racing '35 is 119 inches, so... you could get creative.
Sponsored